Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2016 edited

Hello people,
    I released a new easy to use Light Effect Set using the 3creativeD brand, we are a small group of people including me who want to collaborate to create NoLimit 2 object sets and rides.

https://youtu.be/9cWRGVPLda4
    (Release trailer)

https://youtu.be/BMOnvYfI40c
    (Track Trigger update trailer)

This set is a collaboration between Svatlas who created the models and me who was responsible for the script work and we have to thank muchwoo for the amazing trailer that he created.
    It features easy to use light effects that work immediately by placing them in the editor. You can also choose from different predefined programs for each light effect or even use the possibilities of editing simple config files to create your individual pattern.
    The set is highly extensible and not neccessarily restricted to light effects.

We would like if you subscribe the Steam Workshop Item.
    So you won't miss any updates!

An alternative is using this Dropbox link.

We hope you enjoy it and you can make use of it in your upcoming NL2 projects.

Tutorials (Extract the zip file content and open the HTML file in your browser that must support HTML5 video playback):
    Can it be triggered?
    This looks great! I've got a couple of projects this could be really useful for... Thanks guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2016

^^ Probably soon:
    youtube video
    (click for a video)
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016 edited

^This is awesome Bestdani, trigger light set work in progress!
    Can't wait to test on my park!
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016

Great work Bestdani! I imagine this will be usefull for a lot of projects!

Thank you for doing creating this. Can't wait for the download!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2016 edited

A track trigger feature update is available now!

(Click to watch the feature update video.)

Simply add the track trigger object and give it a unique name, no coaster unfreezing and freezing is required! Append this name to your light effect setup seperated by a forward slash '/'. You have also the option to add a second track trigger and name it as the starting trigger and append ' off' to its name.

You have the option to fully customize the off and on behaviour by editing the config files of the light effects.

Subscribe the Steam Workshop Item to automatically receive updates.

Manual download it using this Dropbox link.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016

You are a genius! It's really cool that you're paying attention to easy access to everyone, even for the people who don't know much about scripting. It seems to be easy to use and setup, too. So ... I defintely can't wait to get home and try this out. Awesome work! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2016

Is there also support for individual trains like in your old light set? I believe that set had the option for different light shows depending on the train number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

I was asked the same in a whispered post during development, so to quote myself:
    Posted By: bestdaniI thought about adding such a function directly but that would require more complex configuration files and the ease of use is a main concern for this effect set.
    The effort that is required to define this in more complex configuration files would probably reach about the same level of complexity that is required to define such a behaviour in the script directly, therfore using a specialized customization of the script is the only way if you want to do this.

We can maybe create a tutorial how to do this if there's enough interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

That would be great. I could always use your old light set, but this one seems more up-to-date.
    • CommentAuthoriHack97

I think this version is too limited in functionality compared to the first release. I think the first version is better. It's easier

this is what i made with your first version of lightset :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKU96b06HU
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2016 edited

^ I love that video. Are you talking about the light set release from 2014 when you speak of the first version?

If you want to do full programmed lightshows you can still use the light set from 2014 (unfortunately not with the new models directly). Merging these two sets to allow full show control for the new one (and because the NL2 API and my experience with it both developed maybe even better than before) could also happen in the future but we want to concentrate to easy to use (light) effects for this new effect set first.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016

@ Bestdani,

EDIT : FOUND IT,
    U can place a 2nd trigger with same name and extended with "off" , then the lightsource will stay on untill train hit 2nd trigger.

The chosen color of the light source stops after the length of the train has passed the trigger.

Is it possible to program a kind of timer to keep the light source activated for a longer periode of time ?
    Or use another kind of command in the place where u put the color and trigger ?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016

Bestdani answered with this :

Well it is possible for sure but as you said not without touching the script's program code to implement that special purpose. But isn't it possible in your case to achieve the same by just moving the off trigger farther away?
    (I would prefer to have these questions in the thread of the effect set so that other's who are interested in the same things also find and maybe read them).
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2016 edited

I tryed and tryed, but i have a slight problem, maybe some one knows the answer.

Problem : During the ride the train activates trig1 and trig1 off. lightsource comes on and the comes off.

In another section i need to use the same light source te become activated, but it doesn't response to the triggers anymore.
    My custom (7 coaches) train is loaded with 56 (7 times 4 times 2) individual coaches they all have their own light source. 1 color each set.(I need 2 colors in each custom coach)

Question : plz can somebody help me with this ?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2016

I stopped with this Light Effect set and use other triggered light script, wich i wrote my self.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016 edited

I hope you all like the Effect Set already, it was already shown in the trailer that it is possible to customize the light shows for the included light effects. You can now find a detailed tutorial how to do this here:
    Dropbox Download.

Extract the zip file content and open the html file in your browser (it should be a rather modern brwoser that supports html video playback).
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016 edited

This is the best place I could figure to post this:

I'm having an issue with your triggered lights package. I can't quite figure out my way around this error with the StrobeEffect.nlvm script:

https://gyazo.com/bba3b85b3cac06efab3f888b12035313

Here's the object name:
    https://gyazo.com/a4c0744b0b9fcaa0f0ef39c08fbc7774

and the coaster name:
    https://gyazo.com/edb47124c423f63f0f4eda7a22712b37

(It's worth noting that the script works fine, but that error pops up every time I start the sim)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016 edited

Did you put a trigger on the track labeled Drop?
    My track triggers are labelled as "DropOn" and "DropOff", as dictated by the instructions, here:

https://gyazo.com/5643117e8bfe2b4969cf65508349e09d
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016

U have to WRITE exactly as in the trigger setting and in the Scene Object Instance Properties.
    ^I don't fully understand your comment, but I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016 edited

Posted By: TheBeatles(It's worth noting that the script works fine, but that error pops up every time I start the sim)

Did you accidentally placed another strobe light object that has no name on it at all?
    Nope, only one instance!

https://gyazo.com/e74359c35fd5c35a0ec6c08e593541a1

Is there a way I can at least mute this notification? Like I said, the effect works flawlessly in its current state.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2016

Strange, maybe a copy of the SCO with another name but the script assigned? There must be a script starting somewhere that recognized an empty object name.

Anyway - Quick and dirty workarond: remove this line in the script:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017 edited

Hi,
    I've already whispered some guys a version of a tutorial about how to add custom objects into the effect set! This can be used to apply material effects which can be controlled using the objects entity colors and custom nl2mat shading settings! (Pixel Dash's pixel cubes have been made using this for example).

Since I expected to add more features to the effect set back very soon back then, I hold back from posting it to the public since I would probably had to change the tutorial anway. But because this didn't happend for now and I don't expect to find time to work on this soon, I think it makes sense to post the current version of the tutorial here for everyone who is interested:

Download it here from Dropbox. I also remember don't really checking it for typos and that I thought some explanations could be maybe better. So I would appreciate feedback about this!