Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016

Did I hear some Minecraft sounds in the POV? (yes, unless mojang "stole" them from someone)

In all seriousness, the track in combination with the music is awesome! Keep it up!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone! Regarding the enhancements, the environment along with various other enhancements to the POV came from nSeven.

Replies

@HafizBazzi: Sure, check out the link below!

@Delay: I'm surprised you were able to pick those up, I don't even use Minecraft, but yes, I used sound effects from the portals to/from the Nether.

Dropbox Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmztnmuscddcep0/Escape%20From%20Tomorrow.nl2pkg?dl=0

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016 edited

What exactly is the relation between Siemens and your ride?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^ I just know that soundeffect. That means that I've played Minecraft way too much.

POV: I always get goosebumps on the final brakerun (When the music ends). The music is so awesome and well chosen.
    ^ probably a nod to Siemens involvement and sponsorship to alot of Tomorrowland and Epcot attractions/pavilions. Cute touch.

Well that was lovely. Reminiscent of the clean aesthetics of Disney's future environments, this ride provides a great nostalgic sensation through a completely non-Disney attraction. Love the influence from the Contemporary Resort for the station, though the station could have had some additional elements to its entry facade to keep that "blending" of walls effect. Love the color choice for the track and FINALLY someone does a projection tunnel. Im still trying to get video to work in NL2 to achieve this. Great work! Can't wait for the next :)
    I absolutely loved the music used throughout the ride (I noticed Thomas and the Magic Railway music in there :P) and overall it was amazingly put together, I wish to see more like these :D
    Posted By: BetaCoastersI noticed Thomas and the Magic Railway music in there :P

Oh my god I thought that was what I was hearing! Lmao... good stuff.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I just downloaded that park, and I love it. But let's make a full review out of this, shall we?

Track: What can you expect from an FVD based coaster? Very smooth, no pumps, and a lot of fun. The music also fits the given situation very well.

Models: Very nice work. It's a lot of fun to walk around the enviroment. However, there are some things that I believe should work, that don't (i have the steam edition, if that's important). For example, all the automated doors that lead to the "restaurant" and its outside area don't work, making those areas inaccessible. The quality of the buildings is very good.

Even the background hotel has very high-res-textures. Wow!

Sound/Music: As I've already mentioned, The music is well chosen. It, also, has a few, but minor errors. The volume drops off very quickly, examples can be found at the parking lot entrance.

Others: These are things that you, the creator, have little to no influence and control over, aka: things that have to be mentioned, but not changed.

The most important one is the framerate. I have a very low-end PC, and I had to turn all the graphics sliders to the left in order to get 14 frames whan loading the park. Pretty sure it was N7's trees, although I have no idea. What I can tell you, though, is that it mostly comes from the lake area. background trees, or even turning away from the lake, fixes the issue completely.

So, my conclusion (conclusion comes from google translate "Fazit->Conclusion"): Escape from Tomorrow is a very well done park with a great coaster. The scenery is amazing, and the soundtrack, despite having minor flaws, very well done.
    I would defenitely recommend it.

(I feel like I need to mention that this is my first review and my first coaster downloaded. If I left out something, or read too much into something, please tell me.)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2016

Regarding the music, I'm stoked you guys picked up on the Thomas and the Magic Railroad piece! It was one of the best movies of my childhood, and I've always wanted to pay it some respect in a ride, haha.

@Olmisery: As Andre pointed out below you, yes, Siemsens "sponsors" the ride. This is just a jab at several Disney rides that are in-your-face with sponsors.
    @andreizsmart: Thanks, Andre! I appreciate a critical eye on my rides. Unfortunately, the whole entry facade failed to get as much TLC as most parts of the ride, as it was one of the last components to be modeled. I was just out of steam at that point and really wanted to release. I do agree though, it's pretty bland compared to the rest of the building.
    @Delay: Once again, thanks for the review! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give my ride an in-depth look, and take even more time to write about it. I honestly didn't think anybody would walk around the map, much less notice that the automatic doors didn't work! Good eye, I'll remember that next time. Also, yes, "conclusion" is used correctly in that context. Thank you again for the full review, it's greatly appreciated!
    I also fully explored the area and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just have one question: Is there like a burger and fries combo... or do I have to pay for them separately? That just seems greedy given it's the only restaurant in the area.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2016

From my findings, you will hit more lag with grasses, low shrubs and flowers than you will hit with trees - if only because of density of the model itself.

A tree takes up more space, crosses itself less and occludes more of the environment - telling NL2 to draw less. Grasses, shrubs and flowers on the other hand...well...don't. They are integral to make effective scenes...but they are the real culprit with intense lag from older graphics cards. 2d doesn't always fix this - as most grasses are 2d by their inherent nature and you are drawing tens of thousands of them in a large scene like this. I don't have a fix for this yet...but I'm gonna keep trying to model as responsibly as possible and see if that helps make a difference.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2016

^ It really is only the lake area that is affected. I can look at the entire background forest with absolutely no issues.