Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello everyone,

So I think I finally I have a project that I will stick with. After hopping around to various projects week after week, I finally had to tell myself that I could make no more NL2 files until I have a complete project. So I have finally managed to come up with an idea in which I think I am happy with. With this coaster, I have also taken up the challenge of fully custom supporting it. So with the past 2 or so weeks, here is my progress! Huge thanks to TheCodeMaster for providing me with some of his custom rails!

So to kind of introduce the coaster, it is and RMC wooden coaster inspired by Wildfire, but with my own unique twist to it. It features a terrain based layout which reaches a max height of 255 feet, a max speed of 65 mph, and a total of 2 inversions. The very start point of the station and theme revolves around a western blacksmith, kind of something that could be found at Dollywood or Silver Dollar City. Accuracy is key to me on this layout and project as a whole, so if you have any tips that you would like to provide, please just comment! My plan for this coaster is that it will be my Roundup 150 entry. So without further ado, I present Vulcan.

https://gyazo.com/a1db69270ea35e06504db9157ed616e9

Progress on supports has begun, and I am quite pleased so far, but I feel like something is missing. I did delete the connecting beams from structure to structure on the outward bank due to me not being pleased, and they just seemed...off. As a whole, I feel like I have made pretty decent progress.

https://gyazo.com/8dbc256ad27d8adf40d0acdeabf365ce

Here is an overview of the layout. It is only 3125 feet long, but if it were too long, custom supporting would be a much bigger stress than it already is. Some of the elements I am feeling kind of shaky about, such as the first inversion. I am very happy with how the layout flows and how it runs as a whole.

https://gyazo.com/0fa20b9a66f3f8fcc54b1333062ec69a

I did modify Code's trains to fit the theme, but the only problem is that I can't get them to run properly. As a whole I am very pleased with the design of the train.

Everything seen above is a 100% work in progress. Feel free to leave suggestions or tips on any parts of the layout. If you see something that you think should be changed feel free to say so!

Expect some more updates soon!
    • CommentAuthordct2012
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016

What's the issue you're having with getting to run properly? I ask because I always seem to get error messages stated the 3d trains aren't close enough to the actual trainsize despite the fact the 3d trains are literally right on the actual trains... Im just wondering if its something I'm doing wrong (which is probably the case considering I'm not good with scripting) or if there actually is a glitch with the script that I'm missing?
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

I believe you need to add a trigger called "station" to get the trains to work properly. Looks great, by the way!
    • CommentAuthordct2012

^Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and let you know if it ends up working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I am impressed, really like the lay-out. The only thing i am not sure about is the transition into the first roll. I know RMC tends to do it this way, but it looks weird from this angle.