Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^Eh, since it's not an in-game style and I don't want to go through the trouble of making that look good, no. I like the look of this track better anyway.

Okay, I've come pretty far with supporting this thing! Since the first update, I have made the track a darker shade of brown and the supports a less yellow-ish gold, done a little more terraforming, changed the environment to have matching mountains in the background among other little things, and gone to town with supports. This is the first time I've worked with box style supports, and it definitely comes with it's challenges. I'm used to it now. Like the track work, the support style is custom, but of course I still want to make it realistic. So if there is anything you think needs changing, let me know!

And thanks to NoLimits2Pro's tutorial, I've made a pretty great looking spiral staircase to the MCBR. I think the stairs are too steep to be entirely realistic, BUT it is possible to climb them in walking mode and I think it is more than sufficient lol.

Tell me guys what you think!
    Dont forget to make very ugly custom shells for the train.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016

I really like your layout! It looks like it flows nicely and it has some pretty unique elements in it.
    ^Thanks! It really does ride exactly how I want it to, and when I get to adding scenery, foliage, and trees, I think it will bring it all together into a complete experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016 edited

Coming Soon...

I have lost touch with reality slaving myself for hours and hours on end. It was worth it.
    That looks really good, have you got any ideas for theming?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016 edited

*facepalm*
    I know it is themed to a mine, I was just wondering what it may look like or if there was any objects that may be included.
    ^I honestly wasn't even theming it to a mine. I didn't come up with a name for it until very recently, and I realize it's not that original. It just had to have a name and I thought that was catchy. All the scenery is to make it look pretty like, while not necessarily catering to a specific theme.
    Oh,sorry for the confusion I may have caused. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016

Looks great! :) Very nice touches on the layout!
    Coming even sooner...

Very nice. It looks great. The scenery is amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

Really really nice support scenery! Love the signage "font".

I just wish the colors of the coaster itself were a tad more vibrant. :)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The project is finished and the video is now up! Be sure to turn that volume up 'cus it's about to get serious. ;) Downloads to come soon.

This is the final update for Gold Chaser: Everything is released! Any feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated.

NLExchange Download
    CoasterCrazy Download
    Raw POV's
    Stunning coaster with a stunning presentation! The video was very well done (plus great music choice, I love Imagine Dragons) I think this is one of my favorite NL creations, just because of how creative it is! Fantastic job!
    Thank you for your input! It makes my day to know that someone enjoys what I made. And I am obsessed with Imagine Dragons you have no idea lol... I'm surprised I haven't made a video with one of their songs until now.

Announcing: Project Phobia

Something big is coming...

Launched Dive machine...
    Well yeah
    This is the first time I've seen the idea of a launched dive appear remotely possible. I'm exited to for where this is gonna go.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016

A few things:

1) Your launch should probably be sloped upwards, so that in the event of a rollback the train can both slow down and continue rolling back towards the station to reset for the next launch.
    2) I would finish the immelman, swoop down, maybe squeeze in another element, then come back up for the standard diving drop. Launching straight into a brake run just seems like a waste to me.
    Divecoasters are a waste of energy anyway.
    ^^ 1) That's what I thought, too. But if you look at this Thunderbird rider-cam, the train stays perfectly level from the station through the end of the launch. If the launch was sloped, you'd either see the change in pitch or the station itself is sloped upwards, and I don't think that's the case. The Premier LIM launchers like Mr. Freeze and the spaghetti bowls also have flat launches. In the case of a rollback, they do have to manually push the train back to the station. I'm not sure what they'd do in Thunderbird's case, but hey, I just wanted to imitate what B&M would do.
    2) I personally really like what I have, so I'm keeping it. There was going to be a brake somewhere in the ride, so by putting it at the very beginning I was able to use the launch's energy to its full potential by making the drop as tall as possible. The rest of the layout is going to be more lengthy than standard Dive Machines so I think that more than makes up for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^Thunderbird's LSM motors can bring the train back to the station. Hence the flat launch.
    Stick with the flat launch then, i assume if this was a thing B&M would use the same system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

^^^ California Screamin has a flat launch, which can roll the train back into the block, heres an example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsqkcWjnlq0
    ( apologize for the title and description of that video, but its not my account or video)
    Thanks, I haven't seen that before.

"Why do they call it a train?"
    "Because it's a train." <--- This guy knows what's up.
    I'm back.

I don't really like the launched aspect of it, just seems... far-fetched. The thing with dive coasters are the height, and how the lift builds up tension that's released as soon as you get released from the holding brake. The launch gets it over and done with, which isn't half as fun.
    I'll agree to disagree. I personally love the idea of having a launch AND a huge drop that dangles you over 200 feet in the air.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017

^ I don't agree, the thing with Dive Coasters is the drop, and this one will still have it.

Look really good, can't wait to see more!
    For me it's chalk and cheese. I love launches, I love Dive Coaster, but I don't quite like the idea of both. But to each his own I suppose...
    Here are a few teaser (or spoiler) shots before the video is released!

Looking very nice
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017

Very cool, looks like it flows very well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017 edited

Wow really nice concept !
    Always had the Same idea but somehow never done it.
    And i also think it is adding something quite nice to the Coaster because its not the slow lifthill nur a cool Launch which also gives you Factor of Thrill.
    Also the idea of putting the Drop directly after the Launch seems quite like the best Option if you dont want to waste too much energy, so you get to a maximal hight of the dive Drop.
    It also seems like a Long Brake before the Drop so tension could be built Up Here if it slowly moves at such a hight.
    Cant wait for the Video !
    The video for Skylancer is now up! Downloads should be coming soon. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Really really nice coaster!
    Love the colors, love the layout. Attention to detail is great. Amazing!

Oh man that video is sick, great editing! Fantastic music choose.
    Jeez this is great. I think your execution of the launch to drop is really well done. No reason it wouldn't be plausible, if anything the opposite; it'd be desired as a new concept. Your track shaping is really nice, and your surrounding park isn't the craziest I've seen, but your attention to detail is fantastic and nicely executed (although I'd recommend tall fences around the dip after launch). Keep up the work, I'd like to see more from you, very inspiring/fired me up to work more on my current projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Wow, I loved it. The feel of this ride is like a B&M dive coaster, but your lay-out really made it shine. The launch was genious, I loved the rather 'slow' launch it had and the buildup to the frist drop was done very nicely. I was sort of afraid that the ride would miss out on the whole 'drop' effect, but it was really nicely done. I did also love the lay-out, the three inversions made it stand out from other dive coasters. The ride was also very well build in terms of environment, everything was just there. Very very nice ride!
    Thanks so much for the feedback! You guys really made my day. And Xazzaphonic, it's funny that you should mention the height of the fences around the trench. My mom said(yes I showed it to my mom) it looked short as well, but it is 8 feet tall just like the rest of the fences around the low parts of the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

Tbh I absolutely had my hesitations on the concept after seeing the photos, however seeing it in motion it is a damn good concept and I loved every second of it. I usually can get bored with videos that aren't dynamic, but yours caught my attention and WAS dynamic from the start. Great ride, great concept, great name, great color scheme, great scenery... great, just great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017 edited

I wanted to write a comment, but KG9 already said it:

Posted By: KG9Great ride, great concept, great name, great color scheme, great scenery... great, just great!

I wasn't too sure about the concept at first neither, but you really sell it right. It's a proof that you have to believe in your ideas and keep carrying on even if people might not support you.

Well done, and honestly this even deserve a thank you.
    God almighty that is beautiful. Amazing camera work and editing and a ride that just does so much, so well. I want this irl.
    I want its babies
    That looked like a 3DViP animation, and I mean that in the best way possible. This was a fantastic coaster, and although there were no insane details, things such as the rotating fans in the queue really brought this coaster to life. This whole concept looks entirely plausible, you executed the track layout very well.

My biggest critique is your trees. For the entire area around the coaster, you just placed an evenly-spaced rectangle of the same repeating tree, and didn't even manage to rid yourself of the greenfield in the process (approaching the first drop holding brake). A small amount of effort/variation would have made this (in my opinion) a perfect NoLimits coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017

^ Exactly my thoughts. Specially for a video, where fps doesn't matter, you could have made a better job with the background. Also try the new released treelines, they're great for this kind of things and are very optimized.

Other than that, the coaster is awesome. I wasn't expecting the drop after the launch, and, as I thought, it didn't affect the main point of the ride. Also, the area of the ride looked very realistic, which is something you don't see too often in NL2.

All in all, an outstanding coaster and video, great job :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017 edited

Again, thanks for the feedback!

TheBeatles, the trees were bothering me too, I just wasn't sure how to go about fixing that issue. I did try even if it doesn't look like it haha. What would you say is the most effective way to create a flawless treeline, even when looking at it 200+ feet in the air? I'd like to do that before I put up the download.

Edit: I'll answer my own question - more trees and higher terrain. I'm working on it lol. I'm also putting more variation in the background trees.