Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017

Steam Workshop pls?
    It should be up now.
    The video was blocked worldwide. Kill me now.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017 edited

For future reference, upload your video a day or so in advance as unlisted to test whether it gets a takedown.

On the flipside, this project is awesome. Great work!
    First off, thank you! And yes, I should have been more careful and figured out for sure if the song could be used. I made the video to "Walking the Wire", which is off of Imagine Dragons' newest album. I figured it would be okay since my last two coasters also used their songs (yeah I kind of like them), but apparently the songs on the new album have different copyright rules. I think it's stupid, and I guess I won't delete the video in case it is able to be played eventually. I'll upload another video within the next couple days without music.
    Sorry to double post again, but I wanted to bump this since the video should now be viewable on Vimeo! Just click the pic above!
    That is some really great video editing! Great ride too!
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017

This is my favorite support on this.

^^Thank you!

^Haha yeah, me too. I didn't plan it; it just kind of worked out like that.
    oohhh that is a nice support! this is so nice mate! really well done! :D
    Wow that video was really fun. I love how detailed this project is in every aspect, even the music's timing with the POV is perfect. The long shot at 1:45 is also jaw dropping! Did you do that with the in-game camera target mode?
    Thanks and thanks! That shot was done with the custom tracked target camera by JetPulse. The camera stays locked on the train, and instead of the camera traveling at a constant speed along the track, it is attached to an actual working coaster. There are transport sections placed at a few places along the track that speed it up and slow it down to keep it exactly where I want it as it follows the train. It's just a lot of fiddling around and going back and forth in and out of the simulator to get the result I want. :)
    DANG
    Was that in response to the coaster or the camera technique? lol
    Both
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2017

Is it possible to have a peek inside the FVD++ file? :P There are some twists and turns I would love to know how you pulled that of. ^^
    By all means! Here is the DropBox link to the FVD file. Tell me if it's not working for some reason.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2017

Thanks so much! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2017 edited

New project! And it's a BIG one! I've been working on it for about three weeks now. As with all my coasters, it was designed in FVD++. This was quite the task with this coaster. In order to get the exact shaping I wanted in areas, in addition to perfectly fitting different parts of the course together so that they can use the same structure, I utilized a number of geometric sections, tediously adjusting values until the forces were in check and realistic. Yes, for almost everyone it would make more sense and be easier to hand-build this, but I've been exclusively using Newton/FVD for years, and I love the precision I get with it.

This thing is massive, at about 6,700 feet long with a top speed of 70 mph. A good amount of inspiration was taken from The Voyage. The same concept with the terrain was used, with ground level generally being much higher on the far end of the ride than it is around the station.

As you should be able to tell, I am making the supports 100% custom. I had a hell of a time trying to come up with a (relatively) efficient system, but I think I've got the hang of it now. Thank GOD for the copy/paste feature. Still, there is no fast way of doing this; that's for sure. I've got quite the journey ahead of me with this one, but I definitely have the motivation to power through. I just love wooden coasters haha.

Here's what I've got so far! Click on any of the images to view the album with full sizes.

Looks great so far :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2017

I'm a little iffy about the wave turn but everything else looks great, really seems to stick to the GG style. Supports look great so far as well (let me know if you need any help/tips ;) ).
    Looks interesting!
    Thanks guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

How did you get the renders for Lake Monster at Darien Lake?
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Looks incredible as always