Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016 edited

Hello there.

Before I start, note that this post is very negative. There is just nothing positive about my existence.
    My name is Delay, at least on NLE (more on that later). I don't want to jump from one topic to another and then back (I don't like it), so I made it like a Q&A (my bad English is also explained later):

How did I get to this place?

Once upon a time, there was a person. He liked NoLimits (1), but he was very bad at it. So he looked for help. And then, one day, he found a site named "NoLimits Exchange". He looked around it for a while, and at the end of the day, he thought: "Those people are very nice (and strict at times)". But for some reason, he didn't dare to sign up for two or three months. But, on Sunday 12th, 2016, he decided to do it.

And then he wrote this... thing, intruducing a terrible introduction to himself...

What can I do?

Pretty much nothing. A better question would be "What can't you do?", I woudn't be finished after five months. Naming, building, 3d modelling (although i have an excuse for that),... . I can't to any of those things, especially naming. Imagine Olmisery's introduction coasters, only a hundred times worse, without good names. That, still, is not me.

What can't you do?

Here we go:
    Comma placement (Thank you german comma placement)
    Naming
    Building with B-splines
    3d modelling
    Terrain
    Distances and sizes of supports
    Supporting in general
    Be creative
    the list goes on...

As a little example of naming: The name I have here, Delay, took about 2-3 HOURS to think of. Also, I'm not happy with that name either.

Why are you here then?

That has two main reasons:
    1st: I have to "speak" in another languange
    2nd: It might be a great step for overcoming social anxiety (disorder. i don't really know whether i have S.A.D. or not, but its effects match my behaviour, so...)

That's it, I guess. I have nothing left to criticise myself with. (This already was a failure. I'll have a great time here, won't I?)
    Hello, I look forward to seeing some of your projects :) Btw im bad at names I have the same name for xbox ps4, Skype and NLE lol
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

Welcome! I would say something positive but I'm laughing at the shade on Olmisery aha
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Well, thank you! I wasn't trying to be funny at all...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Hey Delay, welcome here!

Don't worry, you're english is more than fine, and your introduction was, well, a bit sad, but interesting. I can't wait to discover more from you. We are here to help you enjoy NL/NL2! =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude

Welcome!
    I hope you're joking man...Why shouldn't there be anything positive about your existance? If not let me tell you one thing: Coasters are fun! So don't be too harsh to yourself and have fun building and sharing them with us!
    Hello, and welcome!
    Don't worry about your coasters being bad, as mine are probably worse XD
    ^no mine are trust me
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Ok,maybe I overdid it a bit. There's just nothing good that I can do when it comes to coasters. And after 5 years, you should be able to expect better coasters than the ones I built/build.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Hey Diamond, you improved a lot in basically no time. I think your coasters aren't even bad.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Delay...

Posted By: DelayImagine Olmisery's introduction coasters, only a hundred times worse, without good names. That, still, is not me.

What in the name of god is this supposed to mean? .-.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

You called them "crappy coasters", i just repeated that!

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Oh.

Well they were crappy. They still are crappy.

Iron Horse was literally my only relatively good creation lol
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I don't know about that one. The "crappy Mack Family Coaster" wasn't crappy at all.

P.S. I have no idea how quotes work here. It just copied everything as is instead of putting it in this absolutely beautiful blue box.

^I don't either
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

There is literally a button to quote ppl with.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Mr. E</cite>There is literally a button to quote ppl with.</blockquote> If it works now i don't know why it didn't before.

• CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: Mr. EThere is literally a button to quote ppl with.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

There.
    There also is an edit button so you don't need to double post :P
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: TIMxVDxSTEENThere also is an edit button so you don't need to double post :P

I found it already. It didn't seem worthy to edit
    Hi and welcome! Hopefully you'll find yourself at home here. It's a nice place for the most part.
    ^^ Yeah but double posting is not ''allowed''. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Welcome! If you need any suggestions on whatever you're doing, I'd be interested in helping out a bit, especially for names (something I'm very good at)!
    Welcome, Delay! I'm not a psychologist... but you worry me a little bit. No matter what the situation, there is no need to constantly put yourself down as you do. It only makes it worse and makes that hole you're in deeper and deeper. I hope we can help you have some fun here in the forums. :)
    Yeah don't be so hard on yourself. You will never be good if you think that everything you do is crap and you have no faith, It will make building coasters 100% harder trust me, if you stay positive you will do better. We are here to help you whatever the problem is!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Ok, I have a problem:
    So, I started 3d modelling with Blender (Probably not the best choice but its good enough). I made a fence and exported it as a .3ds, but in the sim, the fence is tiny. X/Y/Z Scale 23 gets them to a realistic size.

It's pretty annoying to add a couple and scaling them individually. Is there a fix to that?

In Blender, I scale according to the grid (default size). I assume that 2 lines (one intersection) = 1 meter.

Edit: The posts weren't timed. When i started to type, there were not texts after Zergei's
    • CommentAuthoriCoaster44

In the "scene" tab, have you set the correct units for the object ?
    Then you'll be able to scale it accordingly.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: iCoaster44In the "scene" tab, have you set the correct units for the object ?
    Then you'll be able to scale it accordingly.

Where is it? In Blender or in NL 2?

Nevermind, found it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2016

Welcome!

Posted By: Delay... exported it as a .3ds ...

I strongly suggest to use Collada (.dae) when exporting from blender, the scaling issue should vanish then for example.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016 edited

Posted By: bestdaniWelcome!

Posted By: Delay... exported it as a .3ds ...

I strongly suggest to use Collada (.dae) when exporting from blender, the scaling issue should vanish then for example.

Thanks, it helped! The scaling issue is gone. (Now the fence is too big at scale 1 because it's (x)2x(y)2x(z)some value)

So, I currently build a (launched) Eurofighter 2. I'm pretty happy with it, but the Dive Loop it has makes me worry a little. Since it's at the end of the track, the train is way too slow (22.7km/h at apex) and the element is too small (about 18m ASL) and I have no idea what to replace it with.

Edit: Fixed that. Ignore it.