Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2016 edited

It seems like every "new" user has their own construction thread. So, why not?

Please don't be too harsh on my first coaster; There's a lot to learn for me.
    Instead, what about getting progressively stricter with each coaster?

So, this coaster survived the demo. It's a shuttle coaster I expanded a little by added a second lift:

^looks like a good start to me!
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2016

Thanks!
    I just realised that I wrote "...by added a second lift." Of course I ment "by adding".
    So its a boomerang?
    no. a boomerang is the name of the model, not the ride style. its a shuttle coaster
    ^oh ok

anyway it looks really good for a first coaster could I see some combs(speed g etc)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: COASTERGUY246no. a boomerang is the name of the model, not the ride style. its a shuttle coaster

While we're at it: does anyone know why the boomerang model has established itself as the most common shuttle coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

^Simple, cheap, tiny footprint and marketable, mainly. Same goes for the SLC for some crazy reason.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^ Apparently no one wants to have a unique shuttle...
    velociraptor had a unique junior boomerang layout
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: iSatnavSame goes for the SLC...

I don't even understand why SLCs are still built. (Nothing against Vekoma)
    SLCs already have a bad, bumpy image (literally), and the people responsible should know it.

Also, to get back to my shuttle...

The image speaks for itself
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ If it's speaking then I don't understand its language xD
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^haha. So how do I get rid of the pointless attachment to invisible track?

Also, sorry for no AA. I got to choose between crap-hics (got it?) with "good" FPS and good graphics with horrible FPS. The choice should be obvious.
    I'm curious to know if you can get rid of those connectors as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

You can't, or maybe try with another coaster style (create a new coaster only for these extra catwalks).
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^ I did that for the catwalks. So another style could "fix" the problem? Can you tell me which style you'd recommend?
    A dive coaster would only make it worse, that's for sure

Staff edit: Don't quote the post above yours. Use a ^ instead. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I don't actually know if ever there is a style without a connector, you gonna have to check that by yourself. :/
    Corkscrew coaster has no connectors, used them on one of my rides to make a custom launch catwalk
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016

Great! It worked perfectly.

Because the catwalks were floating, I had to recreate the catwalk supports. Wasn't that hard.

Original support:

Recreated version:

Btw: The coasters name is Shuttle, because I'm so bad at naming I wasn't able to come up with one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Give me a bit and I'll think of a perfect name, theme, and color change if you're okay with that :D
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016 edited

^
    Anything other than "Shuttle" would be good. oh wait...
    I have another coaster called "coaster"... Well, We'll get to that one once I supported it a little.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: KingRCT3I don't actually know if ever there is a style without a connector, you gonna have to check that by yourself. :/
    There is: The inverted coasters don't (can't) have any connectors. ;) Although the B&M one might have a middle catwalk, but the other ones shouldn't have. You need to play around with the spline settings to make it look right, though.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^^ Is naming something you learn over time? Or are you 'just' good at it?
    ^try to think about the characteristics of the coaster and base it off that or get a name and build a coaster around it
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Meanwhile...

That's "Coaster". There are some "empty" spots where nothing happens (you just go forwards), examples are after the first right turn and before the final brakerun.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Apart from the post MCBR helix, I actually quite like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

(Psst, I cleaned the thread. Nothing never happened, no need to mention others' mistakes. ;) ....BUT INKYZ OMG WHAT A FAIL LOL)

Nice coaster, Delay. You seem more confident going with more complex figures. I would suggest to put all the track in tri-tubes mode however. It will instantly looks more bulky and convincing. =)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Nothing never happened? You know that you negated the negation, right?

Close to the apex of the Dive Loop:
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

Almost forgot I had this thread. :D

So I had been building a flying coaster a couple of months ago , and probably annoyed some people in the WDYJD thread... and then stopped. I just didn't want to continue it (may just be lazyness). Now, I have decided to continue.

Currently, I'm working on the terrain around it. I have some ideas in my head, but I'm mainly focused on a river. If it's not normal to build terrain, then supports; well, I work that way at least.
    The layout is pretty much final, some corrections might be made. Although I think a turn to the right after the midcourse would be better, I'm not sure about it.

Some pictures in the season:

If there are any big changes needed, please let me know