Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Looks impressive! Do feel free to share a download when you get the chance, I'm sure some of us would like to ride it. It fits the park very well - I wish you competed!
    • CommentAuthordoCoaster
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2016

Thanks!

I uploaded the ride to the exchange. Enjoy it and leave a rating ;)

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/last-arrow-5hop/10151

Also added a POV in my previous posting.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2016

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

really like that...what an unexpected, yet totally plausible design!

(I'm just gonna save this track for the future.....might see it re-emerge at some point I'm sure...)
    I just downloaded the template and im playing around with it (no rules).
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Sunday at Noon ET we will reveal the winner in a live Twitch broadcast! Join us to learn who won plus a panel discussion among the judges about the top 5 coasters.

-Ride_Op
    and when is noon? Just the timezone so I know when I have to go to twitch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ ET means eastern time zone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

So once again, 9am my time ._.
    But oh, okay, i'll set an alarm :)
    okay, well, no need for an alarm xD as it is afternoon/evening my time then.
    Damn, I'll be away. Could the stream be recorded so that it can be uploaded to the nolimitscoaster youtube channel afterwards please?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2016

Yes, that's the plan. Also the results will be all over our social sites as they are revealed live.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Should have started the broadcast at 11am ET.
    More convenient.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

When exactly will the stream take place? I don't want to let twitch run in the background, my sweet 20 fps would be lost.
    FFS, why don't you actually use your eyes to read?? It literally says it a few posts above you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2016

^^ 12 noon EST, 9AM Arizona/Pacific Time
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

20 minutes to showtime dudes. Anyone tuning in?

I will.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Defenitely. (Although I don't have an account on twitch) I'm excited.
    What is the link?
    https://www.twitch.tv/nolimitscoaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2016 edited

EDIT: lol too late
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

R.I.P. ME
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

I'd like to congratulate TheCodeMaster on 11th place
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

• CommentAuthorDelay

^^Yeah, congrats, Code!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Congratulations to all winners, especially the first place! ;) It was a really fun contest (again).
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Why do you let a person win if said person mocks another person live?

My grammar's just all over the place now...
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

Wow.. another favouritism person wins first XD .. not surprised.. just wish they went with someone else for once.. lol..
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Oh wow, mad because someone who genuinely deserved to win is also popular? Oh come on, seriously. Code won fair and square, and just maybe people are popular for a reason.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

so for those of us who didn't see the stream, can we get winning rides posted?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

They have them all listed on their FB page.

Don't pull that "favorites" thing arktic, Code's entry was far and away the best. The layout was realistic yet unique, and the interaction with the template is sublime it feels like it would belong in an actual park. So no, it's not favoritism, it's about him having the best ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Congrats Patrick on 1st, can finally put that other joke to rest.
    ^ If he comes 1st twice, does he become Mr 1-1 again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283

Is it possible that the judges write here there opinion about every not disqualified entry? Just 1 or two sentences for each coaster which isn't in the top 5 and isn't disqualified, I know that are 30+ coasters but if they would do it will help me and the other people which weren't mentioned in the stream a lot to get a better ride next time ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

If there are any coasters in particular that folks would like comments on - let us know and we'll try and get you a comment or two.

Just some insight into how judging was conducted - we basically did a quick/coarse rating of all the rides into three categories, then did another semi-detailed comment and ranking for those that any one of us put in the top category. Anything below the top category didn't make it through the first round of "cuts" for judging, but generally we wrote down a couple sentences about what the ride was and why it wasn't in the running for a ranked position. Remember that we received 40+ entries, so there isn't necessarily a detailed summary for each and every one.

With a warning that when making these comments we were trying to be pretty selective (and thus, not necessarily looking for the positives of each ride) my blurb for Triath by Vinyworld283 is roughly:

Red and black Intamin mutli-launcher. Decent track building technique, but many spots on the ride absolutely crawl... like, sub-10mph... which kind of ruined the pacing. Full-Throttle-esque back-and-forth launch in the middle of the ride could have been a highlight, but seemed like it would've been just fine (and IMO better for getting adrenaline up a bit) as a straight-through second launch. Layout feels a bit random... lots of things connected by meandering S-curves of various speeds that feel repetitive pretty quickly, and few sort of "signature" moments. Overall decent, but not well executed enough to warrant inclusion in the top category.

• CommentAuthorDelay

^^I agree, it's defenitely motivating if you're not mentioned at all. (sarcasm)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

The rest of the other contest entry downloads will come today?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

SMOKE AND MIRRORS COMMENTS NOW
    also floppy

well I'm sure my 6 support collisions didn't help the cause or the fact my coaster hits a red lateral towards the end. But I will go back when I get some free time and fix and finish the fun contest coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Smoke and Mirrors

Orange Intamin mega/megalooper. Really solid first half, mostly-solid second half (build technique gets a little sloppier after the MCBR, speed and thrills fall off sharply as you approach the brakes). Above average supports and great interaction with the surroundings. Generally really solid, but Dairy Queen'd [DisQualified] due to "Boundary support and flat ride support infraction."

Floppy

FLOPPY.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Also your mine train stayed on one side of the map only. Coasters had to go around or at least behind both tower rides. That was a pity, I was hoping someone would make a mine train as that would have been a good way to cover the capacity and use the terrain in a different way.

-Ride_Op

^you know I'll be honest, I don't recall ever reading that part. Sure wish I would have realized that right away. Well maybe this can give me a chance to redo some bad parts of the ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Yep. That was one where we opened the package and the first comment was just, "Uhhh... I don't think he got the memo... Oops..."

That was the only mine train entered, and between that and the only-one-dive machine, were styles I was surprised to not see more of, as they seemed like logical choices given the train / passenger requirement count.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Also for what it's worth, we limited to 3 honorable mentions in the broadcast due to the long load times of the park. There are more that were good but DQed for some reason that we will call some attention to.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283

Posted By: BBSpeed26

With a warning that when making these comments we were trying to be pretty selective (and thus, not necessarily looking for the positives of each ride) my blurb for Triath by Vinyworld283 is roughly:

Red and black Intamin mutli-launcher. Decent track building technique, but many spots on the ride absolutely crawl... like, sub-10mph... which kind of ruined the pacing. Full-Throttle-esque back-and-forth launch in the middle of the ride could have been a highlight, but seemed like it would've been just fine (and IMO better for getting adrenaline up a bit) as a straight-through second launch. Layout feels a bit random... lots of things connected by meandering S-curves of various speeds that feel repetitive pretty quickly, and few sort of "signature" moments. Overall decent, but not well executed enough to warrant inclusion in the top category.

Okay, thank you for saying that! That was really usefull for not only this competition but for all coasters I'm going to design.
    Where are the results posted for those who missed the livestream?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Results post here, or you can check the NL facebook page for the top 5. You can also rewatch the livestream at https://www.twitch.tv/nolimitscoaster if you're so inclined.

Thanks so much!^
    Posted By: DelayI agree, it's defenitely motivating if you're not mentioned at all. (sarcasm)

Bill's already addressed this, but due to the insane amount of entries, we can't do an in-depth analysis of every ride. That doesn't mean we didn't ride them all and enjoy them (we did). We're looking at adding more comments when we find time, but I can't guarantee much. If you look at the last contest, we did the exact same thing.

Tomorrow, we'll be releasing the zip file that contains every entry. If it helps, there can be plenty of discussion among all of us about these entries.

In the meantime, I'll be sinking this thread for a day or two just so we can allow the other one to reach up. There is a new topic for discussing the results, which I accidentally placed in the Staff HQ category which is why you all couldn't see it lol. I just moved it now so you all should see it now!
    The video of my ride :)

Click on me to Watch the vid