Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Ok, after getting my account back from a good friend, I wanted to know how you guys like to ride coasters, and other amusement park rides. Things like favorite row and seat, hands up or down, and other stuff like that. Also rides to avoid for various reasons.

To start us off:
    SFDK:
    Medusa: second row
    Superman: last row
    Joker: first or last
    Boomerang: front row
    Kong: all rows are painful
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2016

interesting thread idea, this could be useful...

Back rows generally are better for me with notable exceptions like Fury and Dragster but for the most part back is better. Some rides also have hidden rows due to station design, such as i305 row 2 is difficult to get to because of the front row line and provides a similar experience. Some hacks to take note of: if you're tall and your feet are on the ground but your thighs aren't on the seat, crossing your legs can provide a better experience; for b&m's or rattly coasters with headbanging, sticking your head forward will reduce most pain and makes it much more comfortable; for wooden coasters, specifically prefabs, RMCs and 6 seater ptcs, riding or rows that are not directly over the wheel is soooo much smoother. odd rows on RMC's or every third row on ptcs and prefabs starting from the 2nd; on b&m inverts or floorless with quick transitions on the inversions it's a ton of fun to stick you hand out to the side from the edge seats and let the forces move it around the roll. particularly good on corkscrews and 0g rolls; if you have trouble blacking/greying out on coasters (i do), tensing muscles can help a little bit, things like unnecessarily forcing yourself into the seat more help enough to keep it in check.

not about the coaster at all, starting your day off in the back of the park instead of the front (if the park doesn't do segmented opening) can reduce crowds quite a bit. Along with that, the best days to go to parks without crowds for me have been the days just before a major holiday (the logic being that everyone going on the holiday is not going twice in less than a week, and the park is running better operations in preparation).

combine all of those and you can turn some mediocre rides into really fun experiences (*cough*mysterymine*cough*)

that's all i've got for now but hopefully that helps some of you get the most out of your rides
    Oblivion, (or any dive machine) with as loose a restraint as possible while flailing all limbs around manically...
    Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. If you sit in the 2nd to last row, right side, you will look straight down 200 feet when the ride goes up the back spike. Really awesome.
    Arms up and no screams on apocalypse
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

On rides with big first drops, (B&M hypers/giga's, Intamin giga's) I like to lift my feet off the floor, have my hands up, and look up and close my eyes. Gives you a really good sensation of just free-falling without being attached to anything!
    Well, I know just about every trick seat for rides at Dorney, even non-coasters, so here we go:

Talon: Front or back, doesn't matter
    Hydra: Front. It has a really nice transition into the inclined dive loop and provides more hangtime.
    Steel Force: Third to last row. It has the most airtime out of any of the rows and is smoother than most of the other rows.
    Possessed: Last row. It has a sudden increase in g's when entering the vertical spike backwards, and, on a windy day, you can feel the tower sway when the holding brake activates.
    Stinger: End cars.
    Thunderhawk: Second row. It's not a wheel seat, and it has as much airtime as the front row.
    Revolution (Chance Rides Revolution): Sit in the seat that I marked green in the image below. It is at the top of EVERY swing, giving you the most amount of airtime.
    https://gyazo.com/05910e36823eebfc9b1fa620e5b24b80
    Monster: If by yourself, sit to the right and have your feet positioned diagonally. Then, pull on the gray bars. I don't know why, but this makes you spin out of control. If with someone else, make sure they either weigh significantly more or less than you. Then have the heavier person sit on the right.
    For some reason on air race i have a natural reaction to lift my legs off the floor and stretch them out. Strange...
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Ride Wicked Cyclone on the last row left seat (seat closest to the exit ramp). You get extreme airtime in that seat.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2016 edited

@CoasterLegion: I'm gonna have to disagree with that "Hydra in the front" thing, for some reason it beat the crap out of me big time. I also preferred Possessed in the front because of the cool forces you get on the forward spike. It was significantly rougher than the back though.
    To add some more: on any spinning swing, it's fun to close your eyes because you totally lose your position in the air and it feels really cool.
    • CommentAuthorbugmonster1

I was at Adventuredome with one of my friends (RCW on here) and we discovered this new way we like to call "ball formation". Essentially on the first drop of coasters, you grab your legs and form a ball around the restraint. We found this heightened the sensation of the insane ejector on some rides drops. You may look weird, but it was an insane experience! I imagine this will work very well on any RMC coaster, eurofighters/infiniteis with lap, rides with T-bars, and basically any other ride without OTSRs.

Also one of my favorite things to do on the first drop on coasters is something called the "skyline trick" (originally, from what I know, pioneered by Intim305). All you do is look at the horizon line on major rides first/major drops! It also heightens the feeling of free fall and overall excitement of the drop. It works really well on dive coasters, and rides with beyond 90 degree drops. Personally, I love to combine both ways to ride!

Also while riding coasters I try to avoid wheel seats, if possible. I find that specifically on RMC's the airtime is even stronger!

Also a few specific ride rows/seats that I personally love:
    Joker SFDK: Row 1 right seat (Green train), which is also Alan Schilke's favorite seat!
    Twisted Colossus: Row 1 right side or Row 11
    Any Sky Rocket 2 (excluding Tempesto): Row 6 right seat
    Tatsu: Front row for the views, back for the insane pretzel loop.
    Full Throttle: Row 9
    Magnum XL-200: Car 1 row 3 (red train) or car 6 row 1 (black train)
    El Toro SFGADV: Car 6 row 2
    Fury 325: Row 1, seat 4
    Mindbender (Galaxyland): Any backwards facing row
    Desparado: Front gives much stronger airtime, but also a rougher ride. Every row beats you up though.
    Big Apple Coaster (NYNY): Just don't ride it. You don't need the credit THAT bad!

These are just a few I could think of, I will most likely add more as they come to mind!
    • CommentAuthorRCW

Ok this is gonna sound really messed up and don't even ask how I found this out. So on El Loco, lean your body into the restraint on the drop, and the ejector feels much stronger. Then on the hangtime inversions, try to keep your chest forward as before, except tuck your legs up. This formation makes the hangtime feel much stronger. So you are basically curled up in a ball. So basically, any coaster that you can kind of do this on, I highly recommend trying it as it makes the ejector feel much more powerful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

I totally forgot about my best hack, this one is for first drops and more specifically dive coasters, but if you look at the horizon instead of looking down your stomach feels the drop a LOT more. I originally discovered it on Falcon's Fury because the drop was a lot less intense for what seemed like no reason but it was pretty intense if you looked up, so naturally tried on Sheikra and it works SO well. Have told a few friends and they can confirm as well. I like to call it the "dive coaster drop trick" (super original right?)
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

CGA:
    Goldstriker: found that it's fun in row 2 or 3 because lots of the pops of airtime are taken much faster than at the back for some reason.
    Vortex: fun in the front or the back, but less bumpy in the middle.
    Demon: most fun going through the loops in the back seat.
    Grizzly: Boring and bumpy in any row
    Flight Deck: really fun in the front row, left side I've found greys out less in the post loop helix and back left gets out the least. Final helix is the most fun in the front left (closest to water).
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2016 edited

Wicked Cyclone front or back row, front on Superman (back vibrates a lot and gives shit airtime), and on a Larson Loop in the middle or ends, hands up on all of them xD

Posted By: ParadoxRide Wicked Cyclone on the last row left seat (seat closest to the exit ramp). You get extreme airtime in that seat.

My man B)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2016

Yep was just about to say similar, WC in the last left is a completely different ride from any other seat.
    There are very few coaster moments that make me instinctively grab my restraint in fear for my life. Wicked Cyclone, row 12, left seat, is one of those moments.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Black Mamba back row left seat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

^same for flug der dämonen for some reason,
    (even though it´s not a coaster) talocan back row,
    colorado adventure back row,
    colossos back row,
    desert race front row,
    krake second row left seat,
    silver star back row left seat
    X2: Back left, inside seat. It'll be one of the best rides you've ever taken
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

That's exactly where I rode a few weeks ago

It was friggin' amazing
    Big one:front
    Avalanche: back
    BTM: 3rd car back row
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Well f*** me does Big One even have a good seat.
    I just like it for the view as you are going down the first drop
    Testing clearances on wooden coasters (like Ghost Rider at knotts) by reaching outwards to your side. I can tell you that Ghost Rider does not pass the clearance check.

And yes X2, back left (though I prefer outside seat) is literally insane and notably smoother/less jerky than the right side.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^ Left side and back front what reference, in the last row, so you don't see anything in front of you, and left side closest to enterence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Post-Renovation GhostRider: Left seat, last row, on the Gold train specifically
    Millenium-car 8, row 2
    maverick-train 2, back row
    magnum- back car middle row
    mean streak- the bench outside the entrance
    Valvie-front(duh), far right. (haven't ridden far left, maybe better)
    Gatekeeper-far back, outside seat, left side.
    Raptor- back row, either edge
    Gemeni- back, right train(blue)
    Dragster-back row(most likely place to get airtime over the tophat) , back train(shorter line)
    Phantom's Revenge- far back
    thunderbolt- front
    skyrocket-front
    racer-back
    jackrabbit-back
    Nemesis: Back row, far right
    The Smiler: Front Row, either edge seat
    Oblivion: Front, far left
    Galactica: Front or back on either edge seat, front has better views and better synced VR whereas back is more intense
    Rita: Front
    Th13teen: Front
    The Swarm: Back row, far right
    Nemesis Inferno: Front or back, either edge seat
    Colossus: EVERYWHERE IS PAIN
    Saw: The Ride: front
    Wodan: as far back as you can get
    Blue Fire: Front
    Silver Star: Back row, either edge
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

Sheikra - Front right
    Stealth - Front or back right (Front for views and some ejector air, back for spectacular airtime on the top hat)
    Swarm - Front or back left
    Saw - Back right (Avoids the blood on the way out of the building)
    Colossus - Back left (Stop moaning, it isn't that bad lol)
    Nemesis Inferno - Back left (Still better than Mehmesis)
    Oblivion: The Black Hole - Front left
    Raptor - Back left (that drop is 'mazing)
    Manta - Back anywhere
    Kraken - Back anywhere
    Rock n Rollercoaster - Front (them lights is 'mazin)
    HRRR - Front
    I like to ride Dragons fury on the back row as it is really cool going up the lift backwards and seeing how small everything gets
    It doesn't get small. It just gets far away.
    • CommentAuthorMrX8991
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2016

I generally aim for the back row on most airtime filled rides, and don't care as much on other rides. There are a couple of exceptions/clarifications, though.

Wing Riders: Any seat closest the inside so it rattles less.
    SkyRush: Back Row middle seats. I like the inside seats not only because it rattles less, but because the transitions feel wicked in the outside seats. I can see why some people would like that more, but to me it just feels awkward.
    Top Thrill Dragster: Front row. I thought the other seats felt fast, but there is nothing like that launch in the front row.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ I totally agree on Top Thrill. That will always be a front row ride for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Superman: The Ride at SFNE is a front seat ride as well.

Ride any Sky Rocket II like Phobia in the back right seat for optimal airtime.
    Always ride blackpool woodies at the front, they may have lots of airtime at the back(they do at the front) but it is really shaky and hurts lots
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Bayern-Park
    Achterbahn: Front row for nice pushing or back row for nice pulling.
    Freischütz: Front row on an almost empty train (least intense, but still intense enough and less rough)

Europa-Park
    Silver Star: Row 8 (almost as good as last row, but less waiting time)
    Blue Fire: Front row and "Superman" position during the launch (lean forward with both arms also showing forwards)
    Wodan: The further back the better, but front row is pretty nice, too.
    Eurosat: Back row
    Poseidon: Last row, you get slightly ejected from your seat on the second drop

Hansa-Park
    Nessie: Back row
    Kärnan: Outer seat every row (insane laterals), front row (pull your head as close to the restraint as possible so you can look downwards as early as possible)

Heide-Park
    Fluch der Dämonen: Front row - left side or back row - right side
    Krake: Last row - outside seats
    Colossos: Too rough for me
    Desert Race: Front row
    Limit: Why would you want to ride this? For the credit? Okay, your choice ...
    Big Loop: Back row

Liseberg
    Helix: Last car
    Balder: Last row (probably not on the wheel)
    Kanonen: Back row

Phantasialand
    Colorado Adventure: Back row
    Black Mamba: Front row

Skyline-Park
    Sky Wheel: Last row (big boy seat make you feel even smaller)
    Sky Spin: Ride with three people, the heaviest person opposite to the empty seat (= non-stop spinning).
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Colossos is rough?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^ Colossos is actually very smooth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^^I had one of my most uncomfortable rides ever last time I rode it (June 2015). Constant jolts throughout the whole ride, and I got off with a headache.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^ I didn't feel any bumps while I rode it today. (It actually was my first woodie)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^I don't mean bumps (irregular radii), but jolts (concussions, jars) occuring about every 20-30 meters. Maybe I just sat above a wheel, though. ;)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

i sat at the very front, right seat, which is defenitely over a wheel. I only experienced jolts at the lift, but nowhere else.
    • CommentAuthorjonny9403
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2016 edited

Saw: Middle seat (front or back) is smoothest
    Stealth: Font or back (4.8 g back only) are both amazing
    Nemesis: Back left (you are on the outside of both corkscrews its awesome and the 0g is great)
    Nemesis inferno: back left 0 g has awesome lats in that seat
    The swarm: Back right wing seat
    Colossus: middle because it is the smoothest
    The smiler: Front is the smoothest and it is a really good experience seeing all of the track fly by
    Samurai: row 4 with 8 minuet sequence is awsome
    Speaking of sequences, do any of you think maelstroms cycle is short?
    SFGADV
    Nitro: Front or back(far right seat) on the hammerhead ur sitting on the inside of the turn so its cool to like hang out on that turn imo
    Batman: Front or back-really intense
    Skull Mountain: Back row u get some weird forces on that first drop
    Superman: Front for best experience imo
    Green Lantern: Front its less painful for me
    Kingda Ka: Front not as rattely and cool experience
    El Toro: Back row(imo) cause u get whipped over those airtime hills
    Bizarro: front cause its always a walk-on and y not :P
    Joker: Green side(back flip side) u spin out of control on the back flip side well atleast i did lol
    Every spinning coaster:Backwards up the lift
    Every airtime machine:Front as long as its smooth
    Back Right/Left outer seat on shambhala is glorious
    ^can confirm