Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi, here is my construction tread. Here I'll post everything I'm up to in NL2 :D
    Hi, I'm back with a new project called Stor Parken (The large park(sounds better in swedish)).

Stor Parken is a park located in the middle of sweden. The park is home to 6 coasters (currently only one)

Here is what I've got so far:

Thanks to Stealth220SE for creating the amazing Wild Mouse

What do you think?
    Sorry for my 3rd post in a row :(

This is a new coaster coming to the park :D (Unnamed)

(Click the image for full resolution)

What do you think?
    -1.8g is really high for airtime or anything to be fair. You might want to keep it under -1.5 for the comfort of the riders
    I really like the choice of elements; there's some nice variation and plenty of air time there. The two things I would tweak are #4 and #6. The -1.8 g hill seems more at home with early Intamins hypers, and should instead focus on sustained airtime. Four seconds with -1 airtime is more impressive IMO (thank you Mako). Also, I'd find a way to make that dive loop a reverse treble clef or something more unique that's still based on airtime. While I'm completely confident that clamshells can invert, I doubt B&M will let them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

^I can comfortably say there is no part of mako that reaches -1g, let alone sustains it.
    ^^^ I'll try to fix that airtime hill.

^^I don't know if the "dive loop" is actually inverting. HERE IS A POV.
    (I guess it is)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Those roll transitions are quite quick. Way too fast for B&M.
    ^I have tryed to make the transitions a bit slower. Its a bit hard with the speed it has :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

In order to make the transitions slower, they have to happen over a longer time which means you need to make the elements bigger.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Even more than the roll transitions being too quick for B&M, they aren't smooth like Intamin and RMC roll transitions are. It was particularly noticeable in the "out" section of your layout when you dive out of that first curve, as well as the roll transition out of the overbanked curve before the dive loop.

It's okay to do something that B&M wouldn't do, like Intamin-speed transitions or an inversion with no OTSRs, but it has to be reasonable for someone to do.

Regarding the dive loop, it seems to me to be about the same as the non-inverting loop on Flying Aces, which I've always thought goes upside down. It would be easier to tell if your background weren't all white and I could see a horizon.
    Sorry for not responding :|
    But here is what I've got so far... (the rolls into the overbank is a bit more drawn out now then on the video)
    POV
    I'm back yet again with a new project :D
    (what I have so far)

'

What du you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2017 edited

I think that the world needs more Hyper-GTX, so I like what you got so far!
    ^Thanks :D
    I completed it :D (Kinda)

Order of elements:
    1. Lift
    2. Outbanked Turn
    3. Airtime Hill
    4. Twist
    5. U-turn
    6. Twisted Airtime hill
    7. Airtime hump
    8. Overbanked Turn
    9. Airtime Hump
    10. Airtime hump
    11. Airtime hump

Specs:
    Height = 37m/121 ft
    Lenght = 747m/2450 ft
    Speed = 88 kmh/55 mph
    Max Vertical G = 4.91 G's
    Min Vertical G = -1.69 G's
    Lateral G = 1.15 G's

Please tell me if you want a more pics or if you want me change something, I'm open for criticism :D
    ^ I agree with King. The world need more Hyper-GTX's. The ride looks sweet and lots of fun.
    ^Thanks :D

And just because I can and I like messing with people...Here is a teaser :P
    Sorry for the long wait but here it is:

My unnamed park :D

What do you guys think so far?
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

Looks very good so far. I like the somewhat 'cozy' feel, with the tiny wooden coaster and the red kiddy coaster. I would suggest placing a little more than bushes between the giant frisbee and the path though.

Can't wait to see more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

Yeah this is very lovely! The red kiddy reminds me of the Kiddy Racer from Gerstlauer. :D
    Soooooooo.....
    I was bored one day and THIS happend:

So yeah, I started yet another park BUT the other park (lets call that one 'project B') is still being worked on, only at a much slower pace.

Anyway, as you can see, this a larger park that still is super WIP.
    But what I have so far is a:
    Family Coaster
    Dark Coaster
    Woodie
    Boomerang
    (and)
    A teacups ride
    A observation tower

What do you think of this project so far?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2017

You have more pics of the classic wooden coaster? It looks like a nice traditional layout.
    ^Here you go! It's not really what I would call " a traditional layout" tho.

But I guess this is a perfect time to tell you guys about this coaster as it's really important to the history of the park.

You see in 1953 two men (Dave & Mike Silver) created a small manufacturing company called Dave&Mike or D&M for short. In 1955 they purchased a big plot of land in Ottawa, Canada. This plot of land was going to be the testing ground for all of there future coasters.
    In 1957 they had completed there first coaster, a small wooden coaster called Tornado. After some testing they decided to open it to the public together with a resturant, and they called this little park SliverFarm and it was very popular. It was actully to popular
    They didn't know that so many people would visit. So they had to build a second woodie and this time it was much larger. In 1961 the largest wooden coaster (at its time) in canada opened to the public with rave reveiws. The coaster has an unique layout and is described by many
    to be weird but fun.

That is the first part of the story of SilverFarm.
    You know that other park I worked on? Well...

So, what do you guys think?
    So I've worked on a compact Mack multilaunch coaster for the last week :P (note: Station and que not finnished)