Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017

^ Yea, I also noticed that. I guess you made the track rough on purpose (because it is a wild train ride)?
    "its not about the trackwork" is the answer I've gotten. While that is definitely true, I'm definitely surprised that a simple depump wasn't used to smooth out those areas. That's literally the only thing I can complain about though, everything else is just perfection.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017 edited

Initially, the roll transition between the turns before the MCBR was really tight, so while Patrick was doing an amazing job of fixing the coaster, he depumped that roll transition, which created massive pumps in the turns surrounding it, which went unnoticed by both of us.

Is it worth updating the package?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

In the Roundup 150 POV, the pumps are actually really good, making the vehicle appear to be getting hit or some other weird phenomenon is happening, in a move I call "the windup" (which they do on RMC coasters)
    However in the track release, it was weird from a rider's perspective. If a re-release seems like a good choice to you, go for it!

I've updated the track on Steam, but I'm not sure how you guys download it. Maybe it updates automatically? Let me know.

The only changes in the update are fixes to the two turns leading up to the MCBR. These specific pumps were very large, and went completely under my radar during the release upgrades. I apologize, as I'm a bit embarrassed, those were pretty big!

Additionally, a new download link from the WeTransfer service will replace the Dropbox link, as I understand people have been having trouble with Dropbox.

Please keep me posted with any other major issues you see that can be reasonably fixed.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I heard Silverman's narration so many times that I remember it from start to finish. I really have a problem.
    Edit: Yes, it does automatically update.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

There's also a continuity issue at the station. You've got Hollywood North on the board, yet you're at Hollywood North according to the other signs.

Also, the Calibri font didn't exist until around 2005...

^Surely you'd like to know what time the train arrives at your station? ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^ I think this image demonstrates the point better:

• CommentAuthorJAKool

It's an abandoned station, surely the schedule hasn't been updated in years.

This is how the train boards are set up at my local train (The Sprinter, northern San Diego county), so I mimicked them. Think of it this way. You're standing at the Hollywood North subway platform, but are unsure as to what times trains typically arrive at this station. So you look to the board to see when the next train will arrive. Keep in mind this is a subway train rather than a mass-transit train, so you probably wouldn't be scheduling your trip before you arrive at the station.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Actually the preshow station is the abandoned one
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017

The capacity on this (if it was a real coaster) would only be about 640 rph. I think there should be a holding block before the merge track and the train should go a bit faster through the station-first pre-show tunnel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

There are probably show scene timing issues at play here so probably can't modify the layout to pack trains closer together.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

That's true. It would be a nightmare to do that.

I believe I mentioned it elsewhere in the thread, but the coaster can run 8 trains with no issues, maybe more. I removed trains for the download so that they'd never stack, and I wouldn't have to break up the onboard audio into separate parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

One thing that would be nice to fix is making the "GONE" door go black in the station scene, but of course it's not actually needed. It's just really bad looking if you attempt to look at the scene from an off ride position.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017

Okea, I've been wanting to write a review on this ride for quite some time now, so I'll use a little bit of my day of to do this. First of all, I think each and everyone here agrees that this ride is something really special. The story telling is amazing, much more than seen on any other ride so far. My review is going to be two sided, once looked at it from the perspective of your video and one from the actual park file.

The video was just sheer amazing, the amount of effort really shows. The real life pre-show shows exactly what we need to know and it takes us directly into the athmosphere needed for a ride like this. The great architecture, to some, extend helps with the transition from the pre-show real-life content to the digital content, that was done in a very good way. I also love your choice for the story telling aspect of the ride. You went with an obvious direct approach, telling people why they are there and giving a clear context. More on that later in the simulator review.

The story works really well on-ride. The placement of the two pre-shows is perfect. I was kinda dreading the long way to the first pre-show compared to the little bend to the second, but it fits perfectly. Because of this increase in information/per minute the tension arch was build beautifully, something I seldomly see in a nolimits ride. The actual coaster part was okea, it didn't really do that much for me. You used a lot of small transitions and movements, and I'm just not a fan of those. The first hill was my favorite since it had a nice flow, but to more the ride progressed the more small movements came in. The theming in the coaster part was basic, but it fitted what you wanted to do. I'd have liked to have some kind of 'final' to the coaster part. Like you knew you where almost there. The track and theming didn't really do this for me. The brakes however were in an awesome place. I know I said I missed a final but the way the brakes do kick in is the best way considering the part before it.

Then we have the simulator part, which is even more awesome to see than the video (to me at least). It however is also the part I have the most critique about. Everything that was there was perfect. The props, the way the lighning and bumbmapping worked. I also loved the subtle change in music when going up the stairs to the station. From a themepark point of view I felt the park/ride lagging. I know it was designed specifically for the video but I just feel the need to (obnoxiously IU know) mention it. The ride has no clear queue line entry, it had no extended queue (the real one was way to small) and the entrance and exit paths were a bit to mixed.

One thing I noticed, compared to the Tower of Terror is the absence of a pre-show area. I think it would have greatly enhanced the experience, even if your (amazing) pre-show video wasn't visible there. Also, the way the queue and pre-shows of the real ToT progress help a lot with the 'indirect' story telling (telling the story by the way scenes look and people act while not being narrated to you). I've only got Paris as reference, but going into the lobby and seeing the cracked elevator to be followed by the pipping and backstage area of the hotel help build up the tension and the story telling. This was sort of missing in your queue and I think it really could have helped with the story.

I know I am nitpicking on the ride, but it sort of was the only negative thing I could come up with. I know you probably never meant to make this ride avaibable and I am very happy you did though. More and more people only release a video of the ride instead of the package. We saw the same thing happen with RCT-3 when all the custom scenery came out and honestly it kinda 'sucks'. I love being able to walk around in a park, to walk in the queue and actually feel, see and hear the ride. The fact we can do that it what sets nolimits apart from every other simulation, the scale is real. So thank you for releasing the ride to us.

In the end, I think you can only be proud of what you made. The ride is inmense, the story telling of the highest level and the attention to detail tremendous. I congratulate you, this is the best Nolimits 2 ride I've seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I agree with literally everything you said ^
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ Zingo.

Sorry Mr Flying Dutchman.

I can't load this park, so i don't know where u talking about.

I can hear from others and what i have seen in the video, this must be the max in NL2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^ What are your specs?

Have you considered getting a new computer/laptop?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

My specs (this system is 15 years old.)

2 GB mem
    5 TB storage
    Duo CPU 2.8 Ghz E7400 Intel
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017 edited

^ I think I see your problem.

Run a Crucial scan on your PC and see if it's upgradeable. If it is, buy yourself a new stick of RAM (a good 8GB stick costs around £35) and install it. If not, invest in a decent £500-700 gaming PC. That should be able to serve you for another fairly long time.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017

Holy crow Zingo, the fact that you even took the time to write that review means the world to me! All of your criticisms are more than valid, and in many cases (such as the entrance to the queue/length of the queue), I had actually implemented them, then removed them for a number of different reasons. I wish more people would leave in-depth reviews like you have, because there are many aspects of this ride that I'd really like feedback on, and most of the time "whoa, that looks great" doesn't help very much.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Meanwhile, TheCodeMaster has taken it upon himself to make Terror Tracks look UNREAL ;)

Effects are being added, lights are COMPLETELY overhauled Unreal engine, and it looks INCREDIBLE. Just wait until you see pictures of the station.

The conversion is roughly 50% finished, but trust me, this will be better than the NoLimits release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^You're welcome. Could you tell me the reasons for taking away the queue? To me it was the biggest letdown of the download version since I sorta expected a complete(r) experience. I do agree on the feedback part, it's rather hard to get proper feedback on things like storytelling and overal progressing of a ride (to me a ride starts when you enter the area of the ride), but then again this is mainly a rollercoaster site, no so much a general ride forum.

^Of course! It was almost entirely due to aesthetics. Here was my original vision for the exterior plaza:

https://gyazo.com/63d8d0bda92f4ada9958f20e8c2f0710

As you can see, there's a "full" queue over here, with a garden section before going under a covered section.

https://gyazo.com/a542613362e358914866b55344244a43
    https://gyazo.com/727c141116dace3bfc62a5490c919aa7

Here in the overview, you can see where this area would spill out onto Hollywood Blvd, with plans for a cable car.

https://gyazo.com/91aa3a250054a6014d69e10a21f975b8

This version of the plaza really didn't sit well with me, as I feel it was a far cry from the atmosphere I was trying to convey. It was flat, blocky, and boring. It looked like RCT3. So I decided to take a few notes from the men who actually knew WTF they were doing (Imagineers), and learn from Florida's ToT to come up with the plaza you see today. I did try and keep some aspects of the queue you see above, but I just really didn't like it, so I removed it entirely. I chose form over function, that's all it really came down to. I figured people would rather see a good looking ride than have a fully interactive cattlepen queue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^I'd like to continue exploring that version with a comment, if you want we can do this in a private discussion, but since we rarely have design discussion on the forums others might also be interested.

I totaly understand how you feel. Making an outside queue in such a way that is can house sufficient people while retaining the look of your showbuidling can be very chalenging. That's on of the reasons my Flying Dutchman barrely has an outside queue, it's hard to make it fit. I agree with your statement about the shape of the plaze, it's very straight forward in its shape. on of the main problems I think is the approuch to the building, you walk straight towards it, while the power of the building is in the angle it had (for the main approuch at least). Prime examples are the ToT in Disneyland Studios Paris and Florida, the approuch to the building itself is from an angle and the entrance is in front of it. They both have a 'garden' surrounding the building. This is commonly used in Urban Design as a transition from public to private space. I think that in the case of ToT the use is the same, it is used as an transition between inside and outside. Since the fuction of your building is different there is ofcourse a different way to approach it, but I think the general idea remains.

That is also why I think that above version didn't work as well. It is indeed to flat for the height the showbuilding has, so raising it was a briliant idea. The approach is also better because of the angle. The front plaza however still has the problem of not being a transition enough to work. I think this could have been solved by using a wider facade with an extra building/fuction to it (a shop for example). I do agree with the choice you made though and I can fully understand the from over function argument. As I said I am more of a themepark guy than a rollercoaster guy and I'm a sucker for well themed queue lines.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017 edited

I think adding a queue through the garden would have been possible up on the hill if it went down the right side of the building on the approach.

Keeping with the design aspect of things, I feel the front facade was a little "flat" as in the whole building lied in one plane. This ended up being okay as we only saw the main arched portion of the building, however from the plaza you could see the building extend on i a some what boring fashion. I think even the towers pull off not being flat as they all seem to have the lobby stick out in front. Another small little thing that bothered me was the fact there was a wheelchair ramp up to the building, but there seemed to be no access for wheelchairs down to the ride. Now I realize these decisions have reasoning behind them, but I am nitpicking at this point.

Overall, this was an awesome project and an amazing experience, however there were a few minor details that stood out to me.
    • CommentAuthorBullero

^ Please keep this kind of discussions public. I really enjoy reading them and I hope we can see them more often on the forums.

The form-over-function decision has worked really well for you. The approach feels similar to the ToT approach, capturing the spirit of that ride. It really helps your idea of capturing the ToT soul into a different ride system. Elevation is a magical thing that has storytelling and functional purposes, and it definitely helped to convey the story here.

The main queue area looks great. Yes, the queue is short but that has already been mentioned. One detail that grabbed my attention is the forced perspective hallway. I really liked that. An infinite hallway illusion (mirrors set up to reflect a single piece of hallway infinitely, as seen in Haunted Mansion) would have worked as well. A way to boost realism in this area is to incorporate little buffs and scuffs in the scenery. It looks too perfect right now. It is a public building, it is allowed to show ;) I know, I know, these little details take up a lot of time that you might want to spend on something else. Small damages helps to convince visitors that the building has been used for many years.

Can you explain to me how you imagined the walkways at the bottom of the stairs? The people exiting the vehicles have to cross the main queue line. Is a cast member going to guide them? One other thing is accessibility: there is a wheelchair ramp to the building but not one to to the platform. Is there an elevator somewhere that I missed?

I like the vehicle design a lot. The only thing that I feel that is missing is a back panel with taillights, flickering ominously at the people waiting to board. Just as the vehicle goes around the corner and just in sight of people in the station, they flicker and burn out. The same goes for the headlights: it would add just that extra bit of alive-ness. Anyway, the trains look excellent!

Not trying to be nit-picky, negative or forcing my opinion on you: just sharing my initial thoughts as I know you are aiming for a great level of detail as well ;)

I would love to see more themed attractions / fantasy rides in NoLimits2 to give feedback to. I will try to provide more feedback on the exchange from now on, as I usually just read (not even signed in...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^^ Yeah, one of the things I did notice and not really like was the garden in the front. The stairs were great, but the trees en scrubs were to much and to random. I think it would have been beter if they were more organized. There probably is a reason for the amount used (I suspect it has to do with the idea of the "not longen in use" of the building), but still. The front could have used the little queue to the side for the flatness reason. If you look from the top there is a clear line where the building starts. The little queue roof would have helped to create a bit more dept, at least to the sides. I don't think the front of the mainbuilding was to flat. Maybe a transparent windows would have helped though (very hard to do, I know)

^Sure no problem ;)

The wheelchair ramp and missing a wheelchair entry was a good find btw, didn't really notice it (I also didn't like the design of the wheelchair ramp, but thats just personal). Than again, looking at the ride, in the current from no wheelchair acces is the best choice.
    • CommentAuthorI305

Posted By: TheBeatlesThe conversion is roughly 50% finished, but trust me, this will be better than the NoLimits release.

Were you considering releasing the new version?

Wow wow wow, I love this kind of conversation! So cool seeing you all tear into this. Regarding wheelchair access, I have to admit that was an afterthought. The lack of wheelchair access to the station also ties into the crappy exit path that Bullero mentioned.

To explain, I had a very clear mental imagine of what I wanted the station to look like, and that was the first scenery I made, and was my main focus for the project. Due to the dual station (and the switches to split the track), space entering/exiting the station was very limited, so I restricted it to one main staircase. I thought about making the door where the ticket booth is into an elevator for wheelchair access, but I couldn't think of a practical way for guests to navigate all the way to the opposite side of the station from the lobby just for an elevator. If I had reimagined the station, I would have a much easier time creating wheelchair access and a better exit. Again, in this case, I chose form > function.

Speaking of the exit path, Bullero is correct, I had intended a cast member to be directing traffic at the base of the stairwell. Not the best solution, but TheCodeMaster has solved this issue by adding an exit path into the upcoming Unreal Engine release of Terror Tracks.

Regarding the gift shop that Zingo had mentioned, I did have plans for this, although they got scrapped along with the first draft of the plaza. This is definitely something I wish made it into the final release.

Anyways, speaking of the Unreal release, I think Bullero will be happy to see that it looks SIGNIFICANTLY less "perfect" than the NL release, thanks to updates in lighting and texturing thanks to TheCodeMaster.

https://gyazo.com/20ecccecf45902774f0d9dccb79a6d44
    https://gyazo.com/b83d5effa938290d3873ba4529d81fda
    https://gyazo.com/3f1156192fefa708dd8b31059bc532d5
    https://gyazo.com/2c04bc1a23f135bb7b1636f741fd9088

Of course, these screenshots depict a WORK IN PROGRESS, and changes have already been made since the capture. There are MANY new effects in this version, many of which I know you will all enjoy. Oh, and I'll talk to TheCodeMaster about implementing those rear lights on the train that Bullero and Ride_Op suggested.

More to come!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017

Great stuff, very interesting to see and read those details about the process :)
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Looks very AWESOME can't wait to see it released.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: TheBeatleshttps://gyazo.com/b83d5effa938290d3873ba4529d81fda
    https://gyazo.com/3f1156192fefa708dd8b31059bc532d5

Wow, those 2 shots of the station have a far more mysterious and abandoned feel to them than how it originally looked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: TheBeatlesWow wow wow, I love this kind of conversation! So cool seeing you all tear into this.

Let's jump into it then!

First thing first, well done. I mean, this might be the most ambitious and well crafted NL2 project of the year, and maybe beyond. The video was amazing, you definitely knw what you did there.
    Althought you wanted TT to be a video only, I'm reall grateful you released the NoLimits version as well. Albeit from some minor technical flaws due to the fact it's rendered live instead of recorded and polished (flickering, framerate drops), it's really a next-level experience where you feel like a guest instead of a Youtube viewer.
    The in-game sounds bothered me tho, the coaster sounds are really loud. When you load the simulation, you hear the beautiful music... and brakes clamping, lap-bars closing and trains going around the track. From outside. I tried to to fiddle the sound settings but with no luck.

So we find ourselves facing this ominous transport center. This sight is perfect! Picture-worthy.
    The bridge over the pathway is a really nice touch. It makes a cinematic reveal of the facade when you come from further away.
    I like the Coca Cola ad, that's the kind of detail that adds life to an area.
    The big double swinging door leading to the backstage is so Disney-ish, a great touch.

The grand staircase is inviting, you didn't made it intimidating which is great and not that easy with its 3 flights of stairs. Alas, it's lacking an entrance sign or something. Both story-wise and theme park-wise. I would also have put the wait time, height restrictions and safety rules over here, as well as a test seat. I know that's not what you focused your efforts on, tho.

Up we go, the facade really has a nice prestance. you took care of theming the bit of building we can spot on the right - nice. I'd have loved a hollow facade tho, as the part of the building behind is actually a vast empty space. But that's only a nit-pick because I love hollow facades, I miss them on theme park games. At least you didn't make a full, themed building, so kudos for that!

The disabled access ramp is a lovely detail, I love how it curves throught the trees. However it's too steep and lack a bunch of landings, if you wanted to make that ADA compliant. For information, I read on Wikipedia that the maximum angle allowed is 1:12 (which is 4.76° or 8.3%), and that you can't exceed 10 meters in length between two landings.

The entrance into the building suffers for the same lack of signages, we really don't know where to go and which queue is what. But then the lobby is really nice! Onece again, the painting gives it some life. I love the café and the forced-perspective corridor. It might not be too obvious that I'm in a train station, tho. Except for the benches and the two signages (woohoo, LOVE them!), I miss some details.

Going past the little desk for the greeter cast-member (nice!), we're going down the stairs. And I'm noticing a major design flaw in here : The exit path runs along the queue line. It's a big nope, as people getting out will inevitably spoil people getting in!
    And as you already said, the area at the bottom of the straircase is really confusing, as people in-line would have to cross people getting out, etc... It's a pretty room, but would need a major redesign of the crowd flow.

Then it's the subway station, the bulk of the ride to me. It's just so beautiful, it could easily be a real coaster station. Everything is perfect, the theming, the trains running on the sides... I love it. A slight frustration tho. There is no control room. I guess the Tickets booth could easily be converted into a proper coaster control tower, so that's ok.

The train, their color, their shape... It's perfect. The loading sequence, seeing the dark tunnel ahead, has the perfect eerie mood.
    The narration starts, chills are going down my spine...

The first starry room is a bit... random, but eh. We could also say that's where the track switch leading to the stagging is, becasue that's not like you forgot it, but you forgot it. ^^'
    This way, it would be similar to Space Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure.
    I love the door effect, althought I'd see it open wider, and disappear as soon as it is fully open. But it's nice and mysterious!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The sewer room that is not a sewer. Again, it's a bit random and that would be a critism for the whole project actually. I mean, you started something - the subway station - and then you worked your way, gathering ideas along the process of making the ride. Luckily for you, it worked (certainly because you had a global vision of what you wanted, which is great). But the next time you (or anyone) takle a big project, it would be next level to really have a solid project and a cohesive storyline and plan beforehand, rather than wondering "ok what do I do next" each time. I know it's nearly impossible to acheive, it's utopic... But that's a wish of mine.

Back to the sewer, we have to look on our right, and thanks for the audio to tell us to look over there. A visual cue might have been great, especially as I find the ext door a bit distracting.
    The special effect is really nice. For the sack of realism tho, I'd have loved if you integrated that effect realistically, by having a surface to have the projection on. Maybe only by adding a 45° Musion Eyeliner would have been enough, but as for now it's a liiittle bit too fantasy for my taste. I could explain you how these pepper ghosts work and how they maintain the depth, if you want. Or perhaps you already know that but were only a bit lazy, haha.
    Regardless, for the mood this effect is awesome a work like a charm.

So as I said the next door is a bit distracting, it's too cluttered and I don't really know what it is. Anyway, on to the next room.
    That second preshow is really neat. I love the special effects in here, along with the narration. Great build up to the launch. ONe would argue at the door opening not before but during the launch - I guess you were inspired by Test Track for that one. We could imaging the door panels being mounted on a pivot as well, so if they fail to open, the front of the train smash them like a double swinging door.
    But at least the projection of the fantomatic train as a support to be projected on, which is NICE. ;p

The tunnel for the launch is ok. I'd have loved a big flash of light (but like, one second long) rather than several small flashes, really to mark the impact and to emulate the "light at the end of the tunnel". It would blind you as well, and thus let you entering the Twilight Zone nearly stunned.

The arena section of the ride is well done. I love the realism with the rafters and the supports for everything. It's so cool to have the superstructure!
    The different lights colors are giving a great mood. Color is really important, I feel that's what you remember the most about a scene, and eventually, a ride. To take an exemple, Indiana Jones Adventure vs. Dinosaur. I only rode them on Youtube, but to me, the former is more memorable than the later, and that is because of colors and lighting. Dinosaur have white lights, I hate them in dark-rides. Oh, another striking exemple is the Little Mermaid dark-ride before and after the refurbrishment.
    Your ride has a nice color-pallet coming from the lighting. Purple on the outside, yellwo-ish in the station, then black, green, and purple/red in the Twilight Zone, etc...

The lecture of the props is nice and clear. It could always have been better (more light effects, more tricks, etc), but to be honest it's already about the best we can do. In short, you nailed it, even if it lacks surprises maybe, one or two wow-factor.
    The soundtrack is great in here, as always. I could have see screeching metal noises that trains make when they turn. I think it would have fitted perfectly.
    The only downside of the NoLimits version is that once again, the coaster sound is too loud compared to the soundtrack, so it's distracting. Anyway, we can't do nothing about that, or perhaps I missed a setting.

The brake zone is excellent, I love it. I'm not sure how confortable it would be in real life, adding gravity to the braking force, but I don't care, it's awesome. It's like crashing, and the brake noise is perfect. Love the voices beforehand as well. They kinda seal off the storyline. "Oh, here they were" we think. And then the ride can ends.

About the metal bar falling on the ground sound, it's my favorite sound on the real Tower of Terror, it's so "realistic" in a way, it's really the icing on the cake of the ride, like the last minute detail that makes you laugh. So I'm glad you put it in there, and it works well again.
    The crashed train reminds me of the ending of Transformers or Indiana Jones Adventure, so it's a proven trick. The "villain" is down, story's over, back to normal life.

-

Phew, well that's about what I have to say about the ride. I hope I make sense in what I say, but if not, fel free to ask me questions!
    One more time, well done Joseph with this humongous project. You can be proud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Are those maintainance lights / working lights I'm seeing :D ?
    just noticed that the "Ground Platforms" sign says "Hollywood Transit Center" instead of "Hollywood Transport Center"! (the sign on the outside of the building says the latter)
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017 edited

@KingRCT3: thank you for the in-depth review! As I mentioned with Zingo, it's AWESOME to see people actually think about the ride rather than just consume it. I'm also stoked you were able to follow the characters through the storyline. I was worried people would get the characters jumbled from the intro to the preshow to the ride.

One thing I'm surprised nobody has noticed/commented on is the VERY quiet voice at after the brakes, where our main character whispers "You'll come back for us, right?". It's subtle, but I figured someone with nice enough speakers could hear it, haha. I put that in there to imply that the characters stay trapped in limbo, while the riders get to continue their lives at the theme park.

Also, you're correct, for my launch doors, I assumed that since Test Track could open it's doors during the launch, I could too.

@construction2018fan: Crap, you're right! That went completely over my head. I wouldn't be surprised if I screwed that up more than once...

@RCTH: No, they aren't. But these are!

Also, as if I haven't mentioned it enough yet, all of the work you're seeing in these pictures is the work of TheCodeMaster. I'm still heavily involved in the project, as we discuss every detail and tweak, but all of the physical work is being done by TheCodeMaster.

Speaking of his physical work, details are being added all over the place:

As always, these screenshots are a WORK IN PROGRESS, nothing is set in stone! However, let's keep the feedback coming! It's great being able to implement the ideas you guys have to make this project better.
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2017

Guys, guys, please! I can only respond to so many comments at a time.

First things first, Patrick has been spending quite a bit of time lately trying to make the exterior come to life, and it's off to a great start! The fountain has been added, but not "integrated" yet. That'll come tomorrow.

I've taken it upon myself to create the "The Hollywood Transport Center" plaque, and even a "The Twilight Zone Terror Tracks" fiber-optic logo animation! This was a popular request for the NoLimits version of the ride.

Puddles and water have also been added to the asphalt, as both myself and Patrick think it makes everything look quite a bit more realistic.

And also this. Work is coming along!

What do you all think so far?
    ^ i think there should be signage above the building's entrance doors (above); you don't want people getting confused and going in through the exit!
    Beautiful. The pinkesh/purple lighting on the right tower is a little harsh. Overall incredible work guys. I agree about the signage over the entry to the building. Love the way the small clocktower came out at the bottom of the stairs.
    • CommentAuthorAV8R
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017

The non-steam file has been removed for download. Can this please be re-uploaded as I seemed to have missed my chance at getting it