Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016

I brought this issue up back when NL2 first came out. Never got any response back from this issue either. Maybe I did not leave the question in the right place.

The issue I found:

You can test with the Kumba recreation or any coaster for that matter. Dispatch a train, let the first or second cars come into the station and then hit the E-Stop button.

What I have been seeing when doing this is: The internal station control coding is still active even under a E-Stop, so while the E-Stop is active no motors or brakes move in the station but the train moves forward, parking, releasing the harnesses and opening the gates.

I actually do controls for roller coasters as my career and seeing this issue was easy for me.

I would like to see a update to this at some point so that when E-Stop is active nothing moves not even the auto park feature that is in the Station section.

I was also looking for a way to control this thru scripting but it still reacts the same way so that being said is why I am creating this today.

Cheers!
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2016

So I guess no one else has seen this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2016

It is possible your problem doesn't have a simple solution, that's why nobody responded. Your best bet is to send your issue to nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com, so there might be a chance it will eventually be fixed in a future update.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

^Thank you baadrix I have sent that off. I am just surprised no one has ever mentioned this before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

I don't think I'd observed this myself before you mentioned it, but sure enough that's what happens. A little odd. It does stop, but after a second or two the train forms a mind of it's own and cruises on in without the help of any mechanisms lol...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

^^Its the autocentre function that happens if a shuttle coaster dosnt center right, but it does it to your full circuit coaster as well.
    also, don't quote the post directly above you, use this instead ^, if your quoting a post 5 above you you right, ^^^^^. Quotes are normally for if your quoting the text on a another page or way above you.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2016

CoolioJoe100 - exactly my thoughts. And yes it is the auto centering feature because that is the new feature for NL2. What I think is happening is the auto center is not looking at the E-stop directly and when it sees the train in the station it just assumes it is time to go to work and centers the train/opens the harness/opens the gates. It is so odd to me but seems like a simple fix as long as the right person see's the issue and is able to fix the code.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2016

I also assume it's the auto centering feature. If you script your blocksections yourself, you have to pass the setStationEntering() method (I believe it was called this). Once you passed this method, you lost control of the station block until you dispatch again and pass the setStationLeaving() function. If the Entering function is called too late (after the stop point of the station), the train leaves the station immediatly.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist

RCTH - you are right and I have played with this in scripting. All my coasters do not "setStationEntering()" until I am Station Center. So yes the auto centering is where the issue lies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

That's what I do to recreate the "Rock n Roller Coaster braking". Have a trigger just before the stop point. If the train hits the trigger, disable transport and enable brakes. Then a second later, let the station handle it. It should just move a few centimeters.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2016

RCTH - I was thinking about doing that but I have not played with using triggers and using them as a "prox censor". I did pick up the on ride camera code and camera's and those work with looking at each boogie from a trigger added to the track. I have not figured out how to incorporate it into my block logic code yet. I think if I could do that and even if I could control the speeds of the motors I could stop the train in the station myself with scripting. Any ideas for this would be awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2016

What exactly do you mean with that (camera's looking at a boogie from a trigger)?

As far as I know, it's not possible to control the speeds of the motor. You can only enable or disable them.

I once created a wish list for NL2 scripting. The engine is cool, but it could be so much better:

- Internal and good support for custom trains. With the current, unsupported method, you can't control the safety bars via the control panel, you have to create a seperate track which brakes and transport sections won't do a thing and in general is just an ugly method.

- Also scripting support for station handling. Once you pass the setStationEntering() method, your script is worthless until you dispatch again. Methods to open and close gates, harnesses, dispatch etc. would be great. That could also add support for custom gates which fits your coaster theme better.

- Emergency stop functions: both the possibility to read the current value (enabled or disabled) and a function to enable and disable the emergency stop.

- More functions for trains: perhaps to set the train moving at a fixed speed, open/close harnesses etc.

- Easier method to create realistic launches. Catch car, small backwards move etc.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016

No I meant the track trigger looks at each boogie and that makes a "camera flash". This was a object that I forgot who put it out there but it came with a ride camera and the code to make it work.

I would also like a catch car for launch coasters. I was very please to play with this on Planet Coaster which has incorporated this in their game.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

I know I have asked this a couple times. BUT since they put out a new update I would like to know if anyone here has any contacts with the developer of NL? I really would like to see this very very small bug fixed.

The station handler has "no estop".

What I would like to see an e-stop for is:

1. Station Auto Centering
    2. Auto Operator (Harness and gate management) When in full auto.

These are the two areas that do not have an e-stop. The auto centering in the station is a new feature when it came to NL2 when released but since the beginning this issue it seems had only been reported by me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

^if you put it in the Official Ask thread some of the moderators might see it, that's your best option
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017

We've seen it. Station e-stop issue has been logged. Our priorities have been elsewhere.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017

Thanks ride_op for your update. As long as you guys have seen it and it is on a list someplace that is all the matters. Thanks