Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Ever since I heard the announcement of Tower of Terror's Closure, I have been recreating the whole ride in the unreal engine. So that people who never got to ride the ride, or want to continue to ride the ride long after its passing still can. The project itself is about half done.

I hope to have it released in the next month, you can check out a video trailer here

if anyone here has anything (reference pictures, info about the ride) that you think will be useful, let me know.

I love this project so much! It's gotten to the point where looking at your simulation is more of a "spot the differences" puzzle between what you have and the real tbing, rather than a "yeah.. it kind of looks similar-ish to the real thing" like most recreations.
    It will still be in Paris - it's not like that version of the ride is completely going :P

But nevertheless it looks fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016 edited

Because us Californians can just fly to Paris whenever we want to go on our favorite ride.

For all intents and purposes, the ride is gone. Most locals won't be going to Paris anytime soon.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016 edited

Yay!!!!! I've only got to go twice but I still love the ride and am excited to see this done.

Edit: this is a lot of high quality work in a really short time for the project to be half done. Are you doing the whole tower and the outside, or is t just the inside?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016

It's pretty ironic the the UNreal engine is probably the most realistic engine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016

I was seriously wondering if the first picture was a reference pic or the simulation. Really stunning!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2016

^ Same, this made my mind explode and its on the floor now, it will probably come back together after its released ;o
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

This looks awesome! Is it just an animation or do you add controls in it so you can walk around it and maybe control it as a simulation? That'd be awesome!
    Will it have random drop sequences so no two rides are the same like in Real LIfe?
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^This would actually be awesome.
    ^^Sadly since this is a recreation of the DCA version, the random drop sequences are not present.
    Oh, my bad, I have only gotten chance to ride the Paris version so I was not aware of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I forgot about that sequence, too, I am most familiar with the WDW version, but it would be amazing if you gave the power to "break" the controls and make it become random! I know we can't all be winners in suggestions, but I think that would still be so amazing...
    Yay something I said that people don't deem un necessary or stupid!
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^Lol, I knew the CA version was always the same but randomization would be awesome.

Or (and I know this is 100% crazy and impossible) but it would be the coolest to let people set their own ride sequence up. Like have a control panel with like 6 "slots" and you set the rise and fall of each one in like incriments of 10m.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^That actually wouldn't be hard at all to do in UE4. I'd love to see it as well but I'm sure code already has enough on his plate LOL.

Damn I never knew DCA didn't have the randomizing cycle, it was always awesome on the one in Orlando when you really had no clue what to expect.
    I may get hate for this but it is my personal opinion and shouldnt be taken too harshly

Due to the ride "pulling you down" which is how disney described it instead of a freefall it didnt really have much in terms of force. But the view was beautiful. Even being at the back of the ride delivers amazing views.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt

^ I prefer a true free fall over the "turbo drop" variety.
    Same here. I have only been on 2 free fall drop towers (ice blast and apocalypse). I class ice blast as free fall because after the launch you have a moment of weightlessness before the drop. And they dominate ToT but theming is always a big part in deciding if i like a ride or not so I cant bash it too hard. And as for apocalypse you know how highly i rate it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2016 edited

I thought orlandos was pretty damn forceful, I haven't ridden in a year or so but there was definitely some nice ejector when going down.

On another (somewhat offtopic?) note, is anyone else getting annoyed by disney "Pussy-fying" their rides? It seems to be a sort of well known thing for disney to weaken their rides after many years of operation. We've had Countdown to extinction, Extra Terrestrial: Alien Encounter and now DCA's TOT being renovated to something that's a much wimpier version of what it used to be. I know there's more than what I've listed, I just can't remember off the top of my head.
    ^ I may have to return and ride it as it has been 3 years since i went but as we all know the Orlando one is superior so it could be that its just got a better drop. Height may play a part in the force also.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

I disagree that GotG will be wimpier. The source material may be a little more family-friendly, but I believe it is getting the computer generated programs that Florida has. So it will actually be more intense and a little scarier, ride-wise at least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

^Yeah I was referring to the theme. The rides I listed aside for TOT were just rethemes of their former selves, but even still the themes they chose are much weaker and results in the ride being less tense than its former self.
    Thanks everyone for all the awesome feedback! I have started working on the boiler room:

More updates soon!
    The boiler room is the only part of the queue I really remember being in as a kid. It was the one in Orlando. I only rode it that one time when I was 8-10 (not sure). I was legit terrified when the ride got to the hologram scene, but I think I enjoyed it once it started the drop tower sequence.

This is exceedingly impressive!
    When i got on it i was feeling really sick(eating half board and riding space mountain in the morning) and when i got to the booler room(amazing theming and really creepy atmosphere) i was muttering nope...nope...nope and this may let me experience it as i wont be going back for a few years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2016

The textures in here look a bit too grainy, like a 90's video game. Especially the metal texture, they almost look identical to wood there.

Anyway, I love the mood!
    Thanks for all the comments!

More progress on the boiler room:

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2016 edited

^Have you thought about getting into the gaming industry? This looks phenomenal, you never cease to impress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2016

Your only 1 year older than me and making this, meanwhile I'm just figuring out handbuilding.
    Nice!
    Code you should make a own game... that's some serious stuff you doing there <3
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2016

Make a Japan park simulator with jet coasters and Japanese rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

^I had a feeling you would comment something like this.

•  
      CommentAuthorKG9

I LOVE this...but just have to ask, how bad is the lag on this thing?!
    ^
    on Ultra Settings on my Geforce GTX 970 and i5 4790k I get a minimum of 60fps throughout
    On Medium, well over 90.

I'm going to be livestreaming some work on this! be sure to tune in!

https://www.twitch.tv/thecodemasterrct3
    EDIT: Stream is now over
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Darn it, mobile sucks at twitch:(
    I always try to quickly tun on my pc when i see a twitch post but it is always to late due to adds, load up times etc.
    Had a little time today to work on the exterior:

• CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016

"A little time" he said...........looks like hours of work

On a serious note, That actually looks really good.
    *gasp*
    Ermegherd.

It's only a tiny thing, but maybe that's a little too bright for the sign (modelling-wise it looks frickin insane though).
    rip stream
    (Stream ended)
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2016

^Code, why? Why do you stream while I'm sleeping?

Stupid time zones...
    Major Exterior Update!

•  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2016

Looks great! Well done.
    HOLY DAMN! This is awesome. Seriously incredible work and attention to detail. Are you using sketchup? Ive never tried messing around with Unreal but now that its free and this is the work you can put out from it...
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Posted By: andreizsmartHOLY DAMN! This is awesome. Seriously incredible work and attention to detail. Are you using sketchup? Ive never tried messing around with Unreal but now that its free and this is the work you can put out from it...

I guess Code made the texturing in Blender, SketchUp can't texture this well.

This looks awesome! Looking better and better with each update. Awesome work Joseph and Patrick!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

WOW! It is amazing!
    I really like the Exterior, so many details and I like your texture work.
    Can't wait to see more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2016

This is so great!