Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Howdy. I'm very new to making coasters on NL. I can make inversions just fine. Like, dive loops and crap.

My problem is making good corkscrews and it's even harder to make a heartline roll.

I only have the NL1 demo. Until I can build my own computer and get NL2.

Can anyone help or at least give me a link to a video that woll teach me?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

There should be a corkscrew in the element library.
    For the heartline roll, I would create a 360° rolling track in an FVD-based program, they are difficult to handbuild.
    Heartline rolls were very hard in NL1, but in NL2 they're the easiest element to create.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

To create a heartline roll, you basically have to heartline your coaster (set it to heartline of current coaster style) Put 4 Verticies in a row, make the centre two slightly taller than the other two. Than place a rollnode between the centre two, and set it to 180 degrees, if it becomes untwisted or wierd (it enters and exists the same way) than put one rollnode on each outer node, set one to 1 and the other to -1 that way it'll do a complete roll. As for the corkscrew I've yet to figure that out, the element does work but is kinda jerky and wierd when adding to a handbuilt coaster, since it can change the entire flow of the coaster. Since your new to the program I recommend you watch this aswell.
    This is a series of tutorials by another member on the fourms called TheCodeMaster, they're what I used to learn nl2, I sugust you watch them too :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7EKfB0I_zAUD2vimq4dqt2UPxGhtsTnn

I wish you the best of luck in NL2

EDIT: sorry I didn't realise you were running NL1, Once you get NL2, you can use the tutorials I posted above. No Limits 1 came out when I was only months old and I never got into it, nor mastered its editor, I'm barely getting the hang of NL2. I still wish you the best of luck once you get NL2
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^
    Posted By: TheLoneArgonianI only have the NL1 demo

Can't work
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

^ Didnt see that, I never mastered nl1, since it came out when I was only months old, and didn't really become an enthusiast till nl2's release. When you build your computer and get NL2, you should use the link I sent you, it helped me alot :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

To roll around the heartline you have to make your track a sine (cosine) wave in the horizontal and vertical dimension (a quick demonstration how it could look - some fine tuning would be required).

Note that the vertices in between are set to "continuous roll".
    oh god the memories
    That ground texture tho.
    Posted By: bestdaniTo roll around the heartline you have to make your track a sine (cosine) wave in the horizontal and vertical dimension (a quick demonstration how it could look - some fine tuning would be required).

Note that the vertices in between are set to "continuous roll".

Thank you!