Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hey guys,so this is my first thread and I'm been working on a few things at the moment and was wonder if I could get a little feedback.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2016

Welcome to the forums! I'd like to see what you have, but I need pictures to do that :p
    Hi, welcome to the forums!
    this is gonna sound really nooby, but I'm having trouble uploading them, help?
    Not nooby at all, i recommend gyazo. Open it up and drag the square around what you want to screenshot. A page will come up and then click the share button and copy the top html. Then post it into the comments box(IMPORTANT: if the image is over 100 pixels in length or width set the dimensions to something smaller), then click html on the bottom row where you will see text,markdown and html then send. Hope thid helps. :)
    Thanks so much, I'll be uploading some pics in a little bit

This is a full layout pic of an arrow custom looper that i finished the layout for yesterday.

Planning to add a GCI in later.

Here are a few more pics

It's mainly inspired by the two demon clones. Colors and name not yet decided, and suggestions are welcome. Also, there is a small lift segment at the end of the layout similar to Dragon at ocean Park and Lochness Monster at Busch Gardens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It's definitely something original! It also mreminds me of Tennessee Tornado, which isn't a bad thing.

About colors and theme, I'm picturing a beast that lives underneath the ground... *opens Wikipedia*
    I see where you're coming from with Tennessee Tornado, although I'm going for a little older generation Arrow, maybe 1983, if that makes sense. Thanks though.

Also I might fix the shaping a little. The second loop and first corkscrews i think are pretty good, but the first loop and second corkscrew are a little funky, even for Arrow.

Here are a few loop pictures:

First Loop

Second Loop

Tell if you get what I'm saying, or if you disagree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

Wow, that actually looks better than my first coasters. I can see the new gen arrow (Tennessee tornado) inspiration in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

i personally wouldn´t recommend building a gci unless you´re rally good at shaping it.
    Thanks for the encouragement, although this is not at all my first coaster, my first coaster was god awful. ;)

Here are a few pictures of my first GCI, which I know could've been much better, but I thought a few elements were shaped pretty well.

Marathon

I want the new one to be sort of a reimagination of this ride.
    Maybe change the tunnels to concrete as it may look a bit nicer but if that is the style your going for and you want them to be steel then fair enough.
    Also if you are going for an older arrow you should make the loops exactly the same size and raise the first loop up higher, (see vipers loops)
    Here's the ride with concrete tunnels, feedback?

Posted By: element 115Also if you are going for an older arrow you should make the loops exactly the same size and raise the first loop up higher, (see vipers loops)

I see what you mean, but I'm lazy and don't really wanna change them :P

Also I just realized that Viper's Second loop is super deformed.

Another also, does anybody know the perfect beam size for arrow lift supports?
    The tunnel looks more natural mow but it depends on your opinion as it is your ride after all ;)
    The steel tunnel was in comparison to Demon, but I really do like the concrete tunnels a lot. I think I'll keep 'em ;)
    I only really use them for terrain, for launches I use steel or do 3d modelling.
    Welcome! I was pleasantly surprised with the work you've shown, being a new member. Your skills look promising!
    Thanks so much!

I started on the lift supports, and this is what I have so far:

Do you guys think I should connect all of the support columns, or have seperate pieces? Also, I'm still at a loss for colors and names. Any suggestions are welcome!
    Hey guys, I started work on the GCI woodie, and it's looking alright, theres just over 1000 feet of track done at the moment. Let me know what you guys think :)

Still no colors or name for the Arrow :(

------------
    Layout: Done!

Since the previous project was pretty short, I decided to add a new one. This is Storm and Crosswind, which are a Vekoma launch coaster and a B&M Dive. I decided to give them a stormy environment since they are both weather terms, and it actually looks rather nice.

Crosswind (Dive) and Storm (Launch)

Crosswind's first drop:

The "Vekoma would never do that!" element:

If you guys want more pictures, just ask ;), this was sort of just a preview first post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2016

The outward banking seems cool, but does it pass clearance? also the Dives colours dont really coordinate well. But the other all rides look good, just a few questionable supports on the innelman.
    Your doing very very well :)
    ^It actually does pass clearance and as much as I realize the colors dont coordinate well, I kinda like 'em;)
    After a while of boredom and small side projects, I decided to come back to this and I have started work on a Giovanola Invert in this park.

I present Derringer. "Shoot the breeze!"
    It is supposed to have been built around 1997-1998. The supports are a little time consuming, but I'm having fun with it.

P.S. support colors are subject to change.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

Those loop connectors are a bit over the top:
    Reference
    ^ yea, I see what you mean

EDIT: The Immelmann's (Yes it has an Immelmann) supports are a little better. I'll do the same for the Loop.

A little more progress, some trenches are in the works. They're not the greatest, but they'll do for now.

Decided to start something new, also hello again. It's been w while for this thread, and I am back with a 2000-2001 era B&M Invert. No name yet, but I think the color scheme is gonna stay for now. If you have any feedback, please give it!

-Jake E.