Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This is a park that I started about a month ago, and it has no name at the moment, but that is subject to change. So far, it has Apollo (B&M Wing), Loco (Compact Intamin Launch), Storm (Arrow Suspended), Wipeout! (Vekoma Boomerang), Sirocco (CCI Woodie), Torrent (B&M Invert), Calypso (B&M Sitdown), and Growler(Kiddie Coaster). It also has an unfinished train that travels around the park. Any feedback is helpful, and I will probably document the construction of this park as well. Here are a few pictures:

P.S. I can not 3d model AT ALL!!! :( Also the Boomerang is from the Five hours of power park.
    ENV from 6FlagsManiac

Staff edit: Images should not exceed 1000 pixels width, I edited them accordingly. ;)
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016

I actually love the look of loco.
    It was sort of a concept that made it into the park, but it is not fully supported yet.

Here's an additional shot of Apollo from the path:

Also all the scenery is made of supports because I can't 3d model :P
    UPDATE
    ---------
    Well it's been less than a day but there's progress. To start, there's an entire new roller coaster, White Thunder, which is a classic out and back John A. Miller Woodie. Also there is a small area in progress near Calypso's Cobra. White Thunder's position is not final.

There are now 9 coasters, and I'm aiming for 11 or 12, any ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016

This park looks legit as hell. I'm surprised on how well the coasters are made and also the fact that you have SO many coasters in the park.

I'm excited to see more, maybe something on the family side (bobsled coaster? Spinner?). Either way, lookin really nice so far.
    Thanks, spinner sounds pretty reasonable, my problem is that I'm not the best at spinning coasters

Some progress has been made, I took a skyline shot and some pics of the area around Calypso's cobra and White Thunder's turnaround. It's looking alright :)
    I also added a shop and a double drop tower, which I would love name suggestions for. There are now a few half tunnels on White Thunder as well.

Last pic is from middle of park looking towards the entrance.
    This is looking really great! I can only imagine how long this will take to load all at once when it's complete... lol
    Posted By: CoolioJoe100This is looking really great! I can only imagine how long this will take to load all at once when it's complete... lol

true, its already taking a while, but my computers not the greatest :P
    This is looking sick. Good work!
    Well, progress has been made. I guess my impatience has one upside, I work fast:P
    New things: Train is finished, and Calypso is almost fully supported, although all of it's trenches are complete. I also added an onride camera (Bestdani script) and a Photo building for Calypso. I must say, I really am liking how the small are is turning out.

Also do you guys think that last bridge should go under the path instead? I think it might look better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016

I think the last bridge should go under. It would provide a bit of variation from the other bridge that goes over the trench.
    Aside from looking like it might be pointless altogether, the inclined areas of the bridge first shown in the second pic are far too steep. Also, when making words with supports, I'd suggest using custom box beams, and positioning them a bit more carefully. Your "Photos" looks... a bit derpy. ;)
    That is true, I'll do my best to fix it ;)
    to be honest for text its so much easier to just open sketchup and use the text tool to type out what you want then export it into nl2, there is no modelling required and will make your life much easier, especially with a park project this big, all the coasters look extremely well made btw, really good trackwork and shaping from what i can see.
    Posted By: element 115to be honest for text its so much easier to just open sketchup and use the text tool to type out what you want then export it into nl2, there is no modelling required and will make your life much easier, especially with a park project this big, all the coasters look extremely well made btw, really good trackwork and shaping from what i can see.

Well I took your advice, but I am awful with folders, and have no idea how to export it :/ Help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCG Coasters
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016 edited

Here ya go He says to use .3ds, but it works with .dae as well if you don't have the pro license.
    Thanks so much, I'm doing my best
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

You're one of the best new members we have right now! Actually, you're better than some are that have been here for quite a while lol

Nice project!
    Wow! thank you so much, I'm trying my hardest, and I didn't know I was "good" at NL2, but thank you guys so much!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

^^For example, 1000 times better than me.
    No defiantly me. Until a couple of months ago I wasn't even making straight lifts!
    This project is looking great! I can tell you certainly have more patience for making coasters than me lol

If you ever need help with modeling something, feel free to whisper me!
    Looks like a great project! All I'd suggest is looking into redoing some of the unrealistic supports on some of the coasters. For example; the loop supports on your Invert are pretty low. Enjoy my beautiful artist renderings
    https://gyazo.com/37cf5ca25720866141d9473d0fd8aead
    and the cobra roll supports should be built more like this:
    https://gyazo.com/30c4d97e89e84076025d44209283f096
    Aside from that, can't say much else except keep up the good work!
    Posted By: CoasterMac305Looks like a great project! All I'd suggest is looking into redoing some of the unrealistic supports on some of the coasters. For example; the loop supports on your Invert are pretty low. Enjoy my beautiful artist renderings
    https://gyazo.com/37cf5ca25720866141d9473d0fd8aead
    and the cobra roll supports should be built more like this:
    https://gyazo.com/30c4d97e89e84076025d44209283f096
    Aside from that, can't say much else except keep up the good work!

I did realize the invert supports, but I guess I was to lazy to change them, I will though ;)
    Quick update {Sorry for double post :(}
    ---------------------------------------------
    I added an Intamin Impulse, name ideas and colors are needed ;)

Maybe something along the lines of Madness?
    I like it my idea was rush, but if you combine both, "Mad Rush" ┐('~`;)┌
    Well, one more coaster to go because I really think it needs another family coaster, so what do you guys think it should be?
    Make a spinner or bobsled :).
    How about a GCI family woodie. such as mystic timbers, white lightning, Heidi(I think that's the name), and ETC.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2016

I like the idea of a wood coaster, but what I mean by a wood coaster is more like El Toro than a GCI, so that's out.

One idea is an intro-to-the-inversion family coaster with a loop and some airtime hills. You have all these fancy B&Ms that go upside down. Get the little kids prepared to ride them once they're tall enough!
    Maybe a Schwarzkopf looper similar to SDL at hershey. I left a big hill towards the entrance and that would be a good place
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

You could keep those Impulse colors (or something similar) and name it Vyper if that sounds good :D
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Replace that "y" with an "i" and you've got a good suggestion there. On the subject of the Impulse, the entry to the vertical roll looks a bit too sharp. Maybe try stretching out a few of those roll nodes around the start of the roll.
    Posted By: ZergeiYou could keep those Impulse colors (or something similar) and name it Vyper if that sounds good :D

I think I might name it viper, and make the trains red, sort of opposite sfmm Viper color scheme
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Posted By: A_Little_BoomerMaybe a Schwarzkopf looper similar to SDL at hershey. I left a big hill towards the entrance and that would be a good place
    I had SDL in mind!
    Update: Construction on Crawler

The Schwarzkopf Looper is named Crawler and I am seeking color suggestions. Also a quick thanks to screamingchicken777 for making some generic park buildings and other objects.

• CommentAuthorcaptfido87

The loop would look better if you did the lattice style like on sooperdooperlooper or revolution.
    ^ yea, I think I'm going to do the lattice supports, that spine is temporary
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2016

When you said Schwarzkopf Looper, I was thinking Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa. Mostly cause that's my only Schwarzkopf, and my first ever coaster with an inversion. But an older gen Schwarzkopf is also a great idea for your park. Perhaps since your going kinda old gen, you could try making supports like Revolution at sfmm.
    Welp, I've been extremely apathetic, and school has just started so everything is crazy, but I didn't want to leave the thread for too long. So, without further ado, a filler post with some screenshots. ;)

I realized I haven't shown Sirocco that much, the classic CCI woodie:

The "fun part" of the train (does pass clearance):

This fun little...thing, and some more of Storm and Wipeout:

This fun shot of Viper:

Loco's 95° drop:

Multiple of Torrent's elements:

Thanks so much for being patient also. Just wanted to let you guys know that I have a cast on my wrist, and had surgery, with, in combination with school starting is slowing me down a lot, so if the updates are coming out very slowly, I apologize for that. Thanks.

-Jake E.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2016

^Sorry to hear about that, but this park looks amazing. It keeps getting better and better. The only thing I would suggest is to put the supports that hold up the catwalk (on the arrow suspended) closer together, and more often, right now they look like they would buckle under a full trains worth of peoples weight.
    Well, after a considerable amount of nameless time, the "unnamed park" finally has a name: Bayview Creek Amusement Park. Lmn what you guys think, it was kind of just a thought that popped into my head.

-Jake E.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2016 edited

For the Loop supports:

I'd recommend it if you connect the tallest and lowest rail connector to the "dummy"-track. The connectors in the middle are only connected to their neighboring connector. It looks seamless and less broken
    ^
    I'll try it out.
    So, funny story:
    I was chillin this morning, decide to go in my laptop (I don't have a desktop). I opened it, and one hinge before and the glass cracked. Looks like it'll be a while before any real activity. I'm kinda pissed, but shit happens so I'll be updating whenever.

-Jake E.
    Quick update, computer is new and back. Looking forward to working on the park again, wish me luck.

Also new WIP logo.
    Hope everything goes well.
    Well, a bit of news. I have decided to stop production on Bayview Creek. It was too hard too load, gave me so many errors and I just didn't have that much inspiration for it, but another project has been slowly rising. Another unnamed park, ATM it has 5 rides: B&M Invert named Tenerife (like the island), "New New-Gen" Arrow Looper named Devil, A jet coaster (Togo told me to build it ;), A post 2000s Vekoma Woodie named Thunder, and last but not least: A Morgan Hyper named Big Red (Not toooo keen on the name but its a WIP.) Here are some pics for you guys, any feedback would be great!!

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2016

Togo got a new victim... tragically.

No, seriously: looks really good! Keep it up

I'm sorry for you...togo, why?