Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2016 edited

Hey guys! Sorry for the long delay on this post, I haven't had access to a computer until last night, so FINALLY I'm deciding to kick up the construction page for my newest coaster.

Aftershock is an Intamin Mega Coaster with inspiration from Goliath @ Walibi Holland. The purpose of the coaster was to have a ride that fits in a neat blueprint, but offers a very intense and fast paced experience. While being intense, I also wanted it to be realistic in terms of what Intamin could do. My biggest weakness with this project was the shaping, as I just recently dabbed into handbuilding after several years of practicing FVD. That aside, I am really happy with how both the coaster layout, and the path and scenery around it have come out. It matched exactly what I had in mind and I'm proud of that.

Here's some pictures:

Overlook of the area, opposite from the path.

Queue area and back half of the area

Finally we have the area for the Intamin drop tower, still barebones, but I do want to have a sign in the middle. (Thanks josh for the flatride!)

I do want to quickly say, as much as I genuinely appreciate constructive criticism, the chances of me changing the ride as a result is very low. I spent a lot of time with supporting (almost all custom) and the layout itself so I'm not really looking forward to changing it in this state. That aside, I love to hear feedback, good or bad, and learn from my mistakes for projects ahead.

Lastly, thanks to those who complimented the final screenshot in the WDYDNL2 Thread, I appreciate it :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2016

Looks great! Are you planning on making a cable lift hill like Goliath and EGF have?
    I love the very clean, natural feel to the area and the coaster. The layout seems to provide everything an Intamin mega should, and a lot of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^ That's definitely what I had in mind, I'm not sure if I'll follow through with it but I definitely do want to try it out.

^Thanks! I'm glad to hear that, it's definitely a motivation booster.
    This keeps getting better and better!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

This is looking excellent, Chris! In real life, such a layout would be an instant favorite of mine. I love the overbank right after the first drop, and the large camel-backs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Such a great looking layout! Can't wait for a POV!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Wow, this looks great! I love the combination between the hills and the overbanks. The two camelbacks so indeed look great.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016

really nice layout, hope to see more area development