Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Backstory:
    This is a project I've been meaning to do for a while, and started this a while ago, gave up and I'm picking it up again now. This is my charming home park, and then first pictures are going to be of the "fabulous" skyrocket (It's forceless :P).

•  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016

Awesome! Kennywood is also my home park! I don't think Sky Rocket is totally forceless. I actually quite like the inversions on it; they feel unique compared to most others. The ending is totally lame though.

Anyways, if you want input or help, I'd be willing to pitch in.
    Looks pretty accurate, as far as I can tell.

side note: what do you use to take screenshots? Something as simple as a high quality screenshot goes a long way!
    ^ I use gyazo I know that second one is awful tho :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

You can just press K and upload to Imgur, it's an easy way to get good quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Skyrush's first half is so good. The drop off the pointless MCBR (note: is not a block, is thus pointless) is decent, as is the final inversion, but man, everything after that has got to be the worst ending to a ride, maybe ever. Such a let down. AND it's all like 20' in the air! So much potential just absolutely wasted.

Yours looks pretty decent though. A point of realism - on IRL Sky Rocket, the transfer track is the station. Not sure if that's possible to emulate in NL, but, certainly something fairly unique about the ride.

^I would love to try, but I feel like it would involve scripting which if you guys don't know, I suck at :P
    I'm making a little progress, but it's taking a while since I'm trying to get everything right. Here are some pictures

Top Hat

Corkscrew+Hill

S-Bends

P.S. if anyone has Premier launch trains, fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Code's Premier trains. Here you go. ;)
    Support Work :P

Cutback:

Turn:

Code's Trains (thanks King):
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2016

Are you planning on changing the terrain? Because the s-bends are pretty high off the ground compared to the rest of the ride.
    ^ I am, but what do you mean?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Skyrocket is so frustrating because it could be such a good ride. Everything until just past the MCBR drop is so forceful and just really fun. Either way, your recreation looks great. I look forward to seeing the entire park, especially curious to see how you'll pull off the trackwork on the three woodies.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

As you see the fence on the right, The quick turns are a lot higher up
    ^Yea, i couldn't get it perfect, I'll probably edit the terrain a little more there :)
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2016

Yeah if you think about it, the terrain needs to be a lot higher under the station and launch because of the park entrance tunnel. Then it slopes down to the level of the path under the S-bends.
    Hey guys, I put the premier trains into the editor, but now, when I load up the park, it says it cant find those files, any help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016

Have you edited it's location, folder, or file name? NL2 has a set path for model and file locations, and if those ever change, it has no idea where they went :/ I reccomend that you keep the files in a "Skyrocket" subfolder in the park folder, and make sure everything is named right before you put it in. That way, it won't lose the name in the future! Hope that helped :D