Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and while I have been using NL for a while, until recently I have only been hand building. I am currently trying to use Newton 2 but I am running into some issues. I have watched the tutorials on youtube, and making the elements themselves isn't really a problem for me, if I don't get something I usually just play around with it until I get the shaping right. However, whenever I import it into the editor, there are pumps in random areas that I cannot see while in Newton. It seemed that using the track smoothing option actually made it worse. If anyone has any advice or a solution, help would be greatly appreciated, this is becoming very frustrating and I am almost at the point of just going back to hand building!!!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2016

My feeling is that you should ignore the radius comb. If that's where you see pumps, it's no big deal. If you ride the coaster and see pumps, that's another issue and has been discussed quite a bit in the FVD++ help thread.

There are differences between Newton 2 and FVD++, but many ideas from the FVD++ help thread will be valuable.
    Couple things:

Have you selected continuous roll when exporting the element?

Are you importing the element directly into NL2? Or NL1?
    Unless you have a reason to be using Newton 2 (i.e. you're using NL1), you should be using FVD++, which is a more recent tool. It also has an NL2ELEM exporter, which solved some issues when importing NL1 elements, such as those that Newton 2 produces.