Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2016

Introduction:

This park was originally created by MilBee here on the forums. Both tracks and some simple scenery were completed before the project got shelved. During one of his streams on Twitch, we began discussing old projects and this park came up. Before long, MilBee agreed to pass the project on to me for some scenery and eventual completion. Now that I've been messing around with the park, I've added tons of details as will as changed the theme of both coasters.

Raven: B&M Dive Coaster

Raven is a "what if coaster" of sorts. Somewhere on the internet, somebody mentioned that Valravn almost had purple track instead of brown. I wanted to see what a dive coaster would look like with a purple and blue color scheme. Thus, Raven was themed after the mysterious and dark bird. So far, Raven is the coaster that I'm focusing on adding details to. Fortunately, the details are almost complete as all I have left to finish are the textures on the gift shop.

Unnamed: B&M Hyper

This is a fantastic compact hyper coaster that serves as the front gate coaster of the park. This coaster kind of soars over the paths and dominates the front end of the park. Some of the low to the ground elements offer some great path interaction. As of now, this coaster is lacking a lot, but I'll start detailing the area very soon.

Overview

The park in general has a sort of lakeside/tropical waterfront pathway that offers great views of both the rides and the water. Each coaster and flat offers it's own unique view of the water in a spectacular fashion. This little park not only features coaster, but also features three exciting flat rides. A Huss Giant Frisbee as the companion to Raven, an Intamin Drop Tower as the companion to the hyper, and a large Ferris Wheel as the waterfront centerpiece.

Here is where you come in. Myself and MilBee aren't great with naming rides or parks. This is where we ask the community for ideas of what to name each of the rides and even the park itself. The colors of each of the unnamed rides are final, so please think of names that would fit the colors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I think the park is situated very nicely on the waterfront, the rides near it make this definitely a quite unique location. However, it looks like the radius of the crest on the main dive is too large when compared to real dive coasters (I'm not sure if it's just the angle, though).
    That being said, Raven is a pretty good name. Maybe name the hyper to another bird? The park itself could just be called "Lake Candleflower" or the other way round (or something along these lines), I just can't think of a better name right now.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

^No, you are completely right, the crest is too big. That's probably the one thing I wish I could go back and change :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

You could name the frisbee Sky Fury :D
    The park looks really nice so far! I would suggest putting some sort of multilooping coaster (i.e. standup, floorless, invert e.c.t.) inbetween the 2 coasters up where the drop tower is though, as it looks a little bare. As for naming the hyper, mabye you could name it after some water creature since its next to the river
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2016 edited

I think white supports would suit the hyper better than grey. It'll pop more!

That's a nice park, keep it up. =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016

^ I would change the supports to white, but I have a reason not to that will become clear eventually.

Exciting developments at the park. The gift shop for Raven called "The Raven's Nest" is now complete. At this time, I'm going to consider the ride area for Raven "finished" until it is time to add foliage. The next task is to start the area for the hyper.

As for the park itself, there are some exciting new plans in development for an additional ride. Stay tuned for details.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016 edited

Good news everyone! B&M park is expanding with a brand new coaster. The empty space has been filled with a, yet to be named, wing coaster. Myself and Milbee have once again collaborated in the creation of this coaster and I'm excited to integrate it into the rest of the park.

Them Loop supports <3 Looks really great so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

What's with the weird pre drop? Looks like Lightning Rod's
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Do you know what I think would be really cool? Including an inversion on the pre drop / first drop section. This definitely would be a unique combination in my opinion.

Other than that, I really like the loop connectors (something easily overlooked on so many B&M inverting coasters) and the shaping of the elements in general.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

Posted By: ParadoxWhat's with the weird pre drop? Looks like Lightning Rod's

I actually just rode Lightning Rod so that is where I got inspiration but I though it would be cool on a B&M.

Posted By: baadrixDo you know what I think would be really cool? Including an inversion on the pre drop / first drop section. This definitely would be a unique combination in my opinion.

Other than that, I really like the loop connectors (something easily overlooked on so many B&M inverting coasters) and the shaping of the elements in general.

Unfortunately if I wanted to do that I would have to go back and remake the whole ride :/ But it is a cool idea and something that could definitely be done on a later coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven

That pre-drop on the wing coaster is definitely unique. I quite like it! I'd love to see the rest of the layout.

I'm a bit late to it, but wow, that hyper is a beauty. Another example of why the B&M Hyper is the best looking roller coaster type out there. It's like a work of art.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2016

^^Couldn't you just edit some of the roll nodes, though? I love the looks of it no matter how you decide anyway. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2016

^ I actually like it in it's current form. The double drop provides a bit of an airtime hill experience before beginning the ride. Not to mention, an inversion there would be like a zero g roll and there is already one of those in the ride. I feel like it's sort of a fantasy element that isn't out of the realm of possibility for B&M.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2016

Great news everyone. The fine folks at B&M park have finally decided on a name for their green and gray hyper, ELECTRIC EEL. Work has also been started on the station and the ride sign is already complete.

The coaster station and gift shop are combined in an "open air" style topped with a modern wavy roof.

The lift once again features the extended spine and beefed up lift track.

Beauty shot for good measure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

I like the Name even if its Not New (copied) ;D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^Damn, I didn't realize someone had used that name before. I'm terrible at coming up with names for coasters so that was just about the best I could do.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Does it really matter if the name has been used before? The ride looks awesome and the name fits really well, I love the station.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2016 edited

^ I honestly don't think it matters. Especially since HL's coaster is completely different than this one. Thanks for the compliment too.
    That station structure is amazing, hope you texture it well to make it look even better
    nice lift motor, is it made from supports???. also while on that subject, that section with the motor seems undersupported to me, great looking coaster though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016 edited

@COASTERGUY246 Thanks. As you will see, I added some green to accentuate the trusses.

@element115 Thanks, the lift motor is a 3d object. The undersupported section there was one of the things that I was going back and forth on, but I ended up fixing it after taking the screen.

More progress on the station including fancy glass railings and more textures. I also added some nets to the lift and some other select portions of the ride. I still need a better net texture though.

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016

I like the Coaster and the colors
    And the Name fits quite good too
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I personally think the trusses looked better beforehand. Glad you added the extra support near the motor, that was annoying me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt

^Agreed. All black trusses looked better. Love the overall design of the station, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2016

^Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll change the trusses back to dark gray.

As for today's update: nothing but nets.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Oh boy, nets!

In all seriousness, they look pretty good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Steph Curry the Hyper Beast (that's a lame joke, I'll leave)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

It's been a while, but some small things have been worked on in the background. A change from previous pictures will be a new environment. Gone are the desert dunes in favor of more lush, forested hills. The waterfront area between Electric Eel and Raven's splashdown looks a little more alive now that it has been populated by some nice foliage. Raven and Electric Eel have also donned some car textures featuring their respective logos. Electric Eel also now has a matching storage building, but that will show up in a future update when it has some better textures. Next up on the docket will be work on Electric Eel's queue line, station, gift shop, and plaza in general in order to bring it on par with Raven's queue area. By the next update you will most likely see more trees populating the park as well. (Perhaps some names for thing as well, but no promises)

I really like the look of it, especially the last shot :)
    How did you made the nettings on the turn? (They line up perfectly)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016

Thanks for noticing my fancy nets. It was quite a tedious process getting all of them right. The process I created to make the nets is kind of complex and involves using Inventor to model things. First, I use the light pattern creator to create a box that is the shape and position of the spine where I want nets. Then I convert the .lwo object to a .dwg so I can import it into Inventor. Then, I use the spine object to model net brackets about every 8ft. Once both sides of net brackets are modeled, the file gets exported and converted to a .dae and brought into Sketchup. Once in sketchup, I draw planes to connect the brackets for the actual net, apply textures, and export as the finished .dae object. Then I make an nl2sco, add some materials, and position it where it needs to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017

Long time, no update.... fear not, I'm back with a bit of progress on the park. Lots of trees have popped up since last time. Electric Eel's station also got some new textures to complete the look as well as the beginnings of a queue. After the queue for EE is finished, my attention will turn toward the wing coaster in the back of the park. I have a few cool ideas for that coaster's theme. (No name yet though...)

Absolutely gorgeous, all of the buildings are looking really nice especially the Electric Eel station. Looking forward to the wing coaster as well.
    will it be released on Steam or Coastercrazy.com as well as the NLE?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017

When the time comes, the park will most likely be available on NLE as well as Coaster Crazy. However, the park as it is now is quite scenery intensive. You will need a pretty beefy computer in order to run the park.
    is the dive coaster's station inspired by Banshee's by any chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017

^ Absolutely! I liked the fusion of older architecture styles and new building materials that Banshee's station has. That's why I used it as my main inspiration.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017

These coasters...so architectural...so attractive...

It's always hard to pick out why a coaster is stunning...so I won't waste the energy - whatever you're doing...it's adding up to stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017

@nSeven Thank you very much for the compliment (from myself as well as Milbee). It means a lot coming from someone as notorious as you in this community.