Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

As many of you know, last year I ran the NoLimits 2 Fight Club contest, which had a pretty big turnout and seemed to be enjoyed by most people, so I thought I'd bring it back this year :D

The contest will work like this (a bit shorter and fairer than last year):

- All contestants will enter into Round 1.
    - The best 4 of these via community vote) will compete in two 1v1s in Round 2.
    - Finally, in Round 3, the winners of those 1v1s will fight for the prestigious title of 'NoLimits Exchange Forum NoLimits 2 Fight Club 2016 Ultimate Champion Of Superiority'.

As with last year, here are a few key points/rules:

- Coasters will all be of the same style and be in the same templated area (template will be released at the start of the rounds).
    - No custom scenery of any kind is allowed (custom foliage, buildings, e.t.c). This includes support scenery and vanilla objects (lights, fog machines, flat rides, e.t.c).
    - Custom environments are not allowed.
    - Custom textures are not allowed (car textures, ground textures, e.t.c), but you can use the 'complex' terrain setting.
    - Scripts are not allowed.
    - Terraforming and plant placement is allowed (both inside and outside the template).
    - Third-party track tools (e.g. FVD++) are allowed.
    - Custom supports are highly recommended.
    - You'll be required to put up a download, images and (optionally) a video to showcase your ride for voting.

Most of these rules are in place to keep the contest fair. You can add scenery and things to your coaster after you've submitted it as an entry (so it's more presentable if you're uploading it somrwhere).

And remember, this is all for fun. Should be good motivation for making a new coaster too :)

Contestants (10):

kryptos001
    Delay
    HLcoasters
    TheDarkStar
    TheCodeMaster
    zampano
    Mr. E
    RCF
    NemesisRider
    Vinyworld283
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2016

I'm in, but what kind of schedule will this contest have? I don't want this to get in the way of schoolwork.
    ^Same here. I should be able to do it though so count me in!
    i will give this a go again
    ^^^ Would 2 weeks work? You'd probably have time on just weekends.
    Sounds good, I'm in.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

so download and images are a must?

Where does one have to upload it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

I'll try this again
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^^^^ I think so, it's early in the year so there will be less than by the second quarter, and I would probably work on weekdays, too :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I'm in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

This had to start the day I begin school, huh?

I'll try this year, count me in for now.
    @Delay: Anywhere, as long as it can be accessed by a link. Dropbox and Imgur are my recommendations.
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

I'm in, sounds fun
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I don't know. For now, I'm in.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

I'd love to join this but no time in the next month...
    I'll give it a shot. School may get in the way, but I'll try to finish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Given that it's not 1v1 in round 1, I'll join too, but I may not be able to finish a coaster depending on work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

i would like to join too
    I'll join. It will be a good break from my current big project. Since im out of college now. Why not!
    Even if you don't have time to finish, you can just finish it later and have a coaster done. No biggie :P

Also, just some extra info: last year was Flyer, Mega Lite, then Infinity (Generation 1), so you can count those out of potential coaster styles for this year.
    I'm definitely in. I enjoyed it a lot last year and it got me back into the game after a long break :)
    Im in too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

sure I guess
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Yeah I'm in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Sounds good, I should be able to participate this time :)

I'm in!

I'll be in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

I'm in.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

I'll try
    8 hours later and there are already more contestants than last year :P

Thank god i'm not doing the 1v1 thing again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016

I'm in
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Im in
    • CommentAuthorRCW

I'm in.
    In!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

Im in
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016 edited

I'm in (for now at least) since I cannot guarantee whether I'm able to finish my entry in time, though. But I guess it shouldn't matter if there's one more or one less entry?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

So, do you have 2 weeks to finish your coaster?

I just want to make absolutely sure that I understand everything to prevent surprises.
    ^^ Doesn't matter at all.

^ If you want to enter it, yes. You can always just forget the contest and work on it in your own time though, if you like what you've been doing.

And jeez, that is a lot of contestants (but that means lots of coasters :D). A video would really help save time when judging, so if you're able to make one please do. I don't think everyone will want to download 30 parks :P

Edit: I might cap it at 30 actually. I'll see how many more people take interest (it feels like most people have entered by now).
    Im in
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I'm still in. I was just asking.
    Eh, I might give this a try. Not saying I'll get something done though, especially because of Pixel Dash and something new for Halloween :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

@coasterfan312

Since there are so many contestants, maybe you could expand it to 3 rounds? Take the 4 best rides from round 1, have two 1vs1s, and then a final with the two winners.
    ^ I'd still have to deal with a tonne of entries for Round 1 so it'd make very little difference, but in terms of voting I might have to do that.
    Posted By: zampanoexpand it to 3 rounds

I'm in full support of this. makes it more fun ;)
    Sure, will do.

I'm going to informally end the contestant-gathering now. If you only just saw the thread and really want to participate, you can still join (one or two people won't make much different), but 30 people is already a lot to handle, and I don't want it to get insanely complicated.
    • CommentAuthordutchangel

I'm in
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016

Nice =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016

ill try it if there's space.
    I will give it a try
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016 edited

Good luck man! Anything with more than 30 entries is a lot of work - you may want to get some additional judges. (Hint: This does not mean me. lol)