Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

For one who don't already know, this October I'm going to Heide Park for the first time and I'm not entirely sure of how to get the most out of my trip. I'll be visiting Heide for one, or possibly two, days and staying nearby (walking distance so I don't need to worry about parking). The day I know I'll be going for certain is Friday the 28th of October (one of the Halloweekends) and the unsure day is Thursday the 27th. I've got some questions therefore:

1. Where I am I best to start the day? Assuming Colossos will be shut as they've said it'll probably be down until 2017.
    2. Do Heide Park do ERT in the morning for regular guests, like Alton Towers do? Haven't seen anything on there website if they do.
    3. How busy will it be on these two days, and should I get fastracks if I'm only going for one?
    4. How rough is Big Loop? I've heard it's pretty rough but a classic that's worth doing.
    5. Is it worth riding Limit? I assume I'll skip it because I've ridden SLCs before, but if it's decent I might try it.
    6. Which rides would you recommend most riding in the dark on the Halloween day? I'll probably be able to get about 3-4 done, and Colossos will be down so exclude that. Currently, I'm thinking Flug Der Daemonen, Krake and Scream for sure, and Desert Race if I have the time.
    7. Any restaurants you recommend at Heide Park for lunch and dinner?
    8. Any suggestions for the best merch to get? I'm starting a pin badge collection if it helps.
    9. Are you allowed to choose your own rows on rides like Flug? Or are they allocated by staff?

I'd be really grateful if any Heide visitors/regulars can help me with this!
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016

Big Loop is not that rough (for me). You just need to be careful in the corkscrews.
    ^ OK, that sounds fine. I've ridden Manhattan Express so it can't be that bad :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

I'm not a regular visitor, but have been there three times (2011, 2014, 2015).

Posted By: NemesisRider1. Where I am I best to start the day? Assuming Colossos will be shut as they've said it'll probably be down until 2017.
    Krake gets crowded pretty quickly from my experience, so I'd recommend starting with that one.

Posted By: NemesisRider3. How busy will it be on these two days, and should I get fastracks if I'm only going for one?
    In some states ther are still school holidays until Friday (especially Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg), so I'll assume it might get more crowded. It's hard to tell though, with the Halloween event attracting more people than usual, but probably not that many like in summer holidays. On the other hand, if it's rainy which could easily happen at that time of the year, there are likely to be even less crowds. If you really need a fastpass (or an express butler how it's called in Heide-Park) I'm not really able to tell you. Some of the more regular visitors could help here more I guess. ;)

Posted By: NemesisRider4. How rough is Big Loop? I've heard it's pretty rough but a classic that's worth doing.
    I pretty much enjoyed Big Loop riding in the back row, and I didn't find it to be particularly rough. Sure, it isn't smooth as glass, but still fun.

Posted By: NemesisRider5. Is it worth riding Limit? I assume I'll skip it because I've ridden SLCs before, but if it's decent I might try it.
    Debatable if it's worth it. Let's say it this way: I wouldn't ride it again, especially if there's just one train on the course. If they have both trains running you might want to get a ride in case the waiting time is not too long (< 20 min.). Just be careful and brace yourself! :D

Posted By: NemesisRider9. Are you allowed to choose your own rows on rides like Flug? Or are they allocated by staff?
    Really depends on the place at which you're queuing. If you are lucky (or fast enough) you can choose your own row being close to the ride-op's barrier. Unless they've changed their routine they'll mostly let pass twelve people per side, so it's basically first come, first served. Btw, front row left and back row right are the best in my opinion.
    ^ Thanks, this is a big help. Sounds like I'll be hitting Krake first thing then! Did it stay busy all day when you were there?

As for fastrack, if I've got 2 days I'll not get it. If it's 1, I might consider it.
    When I was there earlier this year (about 3 months ago) Krake wasn't that crowded at all. The average time we had to wait was 5 minutes in the morning/noon and 10-15 minutes in the evening. I didn't checked waiting times in the afternoon though.

The most crowded coaster (disregarding Colossos) was Flug der Dämonen at that day. It really paid off riding that one in the morning because there were already 20 minutes of waiting time the 4th time we went on it and about 40 minutes from noon on.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016 edited

I've thought about queue times again:

It definitely pais off to do as much as possible as early as possible. We arrived just after opening and the first "ride" was Mountain Rafting. Almost no queue, we were basically able to go straight to the attraction.
    I don't know about the more popular rides like Flug, but they seem to fill pretty quickly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016 edited

^^ OK... So it sounds like Flug is also a good idea to start your day at. Did you see how busy Scream got? I assume that also gets large queues.

In the unlikely event Colossos is up and running, I assume that also gets pretty big queues?
    Go first to krake and after that go to flug der damonen, don't take the back seat at flug der damonen, those seats are terrible, front seat at flug der damonen is really good. Take a ride on Big Loop and you leave the station with back injuries, I haven't been on limit as I don't like the vekoma slc. Desert race is really cool only it's ways to short. Scream the drop tower, it looks high but it really isn't. If you also want to take a ride on the bobbahn, go to parc asterix, in Heide Park it's a pain machine, I don't have any other words for that. Have fun in heide park!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Lol. You seem to be a little sensitive. While that itself is fine by me, maybe you should not proclaim such exotic opinions so loudly but let him form his own opionion.

@NemesisRider: Go ride Big Loop and especially Bobbahn - I think it's one of the greatest of that type. You will see for yourself if you have any fun ;) Limit is not too decent for a SLC though, so I'd agree with baadrix that you could try it if the lines are short. It's definitely not a must do if you've ridden other slc's.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

I'm a very regular visitor (around 10 times a year), so I guess I should answer your questions :)

1.I'd personally start your day on Krake or Desert Race, as these two rides can get very crowded due to the low capacity. Flug der Dämonen has a decent capacity, so you won't have to wait longer for it than on Krake or Desert Race. Oh, and don't trust the waiting time screens in the park, they are pretty incorrect. :)
    2. They do (I think), but only 3 very small rides, so It's not really worth it.
    3. Halloweekends tend to be one of the most crowded days of the year, definately consider buying a fast pass ("Express Butler").
    4. I personally like Big Loop. Make sure to bend your head to the front in the corkscrews, so you don't experience any excessive headbanging.
    5. You wouldn't want to ride Limit, it is one of the worst SLCs IMO.
    6. Flug, Krake, Desert Race and Scream would also be my choices. Please note that a lot of rides shut down before dark, so make sure to ride these before dawn. Also, most of the Major rides with large queues Close down early so that the last Trains are dispatched around the time the park Closes.
    7. I'd recommend Dämonengrill near Flug.
    8. I'm not into merch, so I can't really help you there. Check out the Heide Park Shop at the entrance of the park.
    9. They did not Change the Routine, so pretty much what Baadrix said.

Hope that helps :)
    ^^ I think I want to try back seat on Flug, as I prefer Swarm's back to the front. I think I'll try Big Loop but avoid Limit (I'll be riding Infusion literally the week before, so it won't be necessary).

^^ For Bobbahn, I've liked the 2 bobsleds I've done so I'll definitely give it a go or two :)

^ I know Rita (nearly identical to Desert Race) has a bad throughput, so I'll try and hit it early on. But from the sounds of things, Krake is busy all day. As for Daemongrill, I've heard it's good but not many people do food reviews at theme parks :D