Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016

Staying in the realm of roller coasters, just post here every layouts, drawings, or NoLimits creations made by real world designers and artists.

To start the collection, here is some over-the-top concept art:

Silver Star

Euromir

Oblivion

Something I also enjoy, technical plans!

I.E. Park Double Loop 425

Intamin 12-Inversion Roller Coaster

And some videos (warning: some contain NoLimits!):

Preston & Barbieri Coaster Loop

S&S Suspended Family Coaster

S&S Junior El Loco

S&S Junior Coaster

Chance Rides Hyper GT-X 2125

Chance Rides "Mega-Lite 1"

Chance Rides "Mega-Lite 2"

Chance Rides HyperLite

Dynamic Attractions "Big Red" Roller Coaster

Ride Tek Thor's Hammer

Ride Tek Lava

Ride Tek Mine Train

Ride Tek All in One

Ride Tek Double Shot

Coasters&More is a really cool website filled with ton of stuff, but their images are copyrighted so I can only link the pages:

Maurer and Vekoma layouts
    SBF and other Vekoma layouts

Feel free to contribute to this collection. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

THAT EUROMIR LOOKS F*CKING AWESOME.
    concept art for seven dwarfs mine train:
    https://gyazo.com/abf7c5b7667d17fb382c2986a5c09b53
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016 edited

Found that on ART Engineering GmbH website. Looks like the layout of Wicked with the (*cough*) theming of Cannibal

•  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Posted By: KingRCT3
    SBF and other Vekoma layouts

LOL what the hell is going on with the SBF layout?? Look at the roll through the first loop!! (you may have to zoom in on the picture)
    https://gyazo.com/81b762fb7f15b12fc7a72a8952bba3e7
    o hello dere
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Why didn't they do Euro Mir like that. That theming looks much better than the theming they have now (which is also pretty great).
    Disney and More has TONS of concept art from all of the Disney parks, from things that have gone from concept to reality, to things that never made it past concept (Good examples: SS Disney, Discovery Mountain).
    I really like this:
    https://gyazo.com/719300f9b036a2b237a425d64d44f58d

Splash mountain
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

This thread will be great for people who feel uninspired and want theming or coaster ideas, or something to recreate if the plans are available!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar

^One step ahead of you:

^oh yes please
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^^ And I'm attemting to recreate the Double Loop 425, but you're still a quite a few steps ahead anyway :P

Edit: Muffin and I are making this together
    Seeing as it's here ;) Does anybody have the plans for a standard Mack Blauer Enzian layout (powered coaster). Like I said, I'm trying to do a Flying Fish recreation. I think they'll be online somewhere, knowing the British planning office but it'll take me some digging.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016

I'm friends with the guy who made these on Facebook, and maybe not professional but I think they definitely belong in this thread/are very inspirational for coaster making.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016 edited

^^

I'm not sure how accurate it is, for some reference pictures this might help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Another interesting I.E. Park layout:

And a real world video. The onride was shoot at the factory it seems.

-

By the way, you don't have to be good at NoLimits to make layout videos, as demonstrated by Preston & Barbieri.
    And then you rely on engineers to make it a real thing.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I.E. Park makes some really strange coasters/layouts. I wonder how smooth they actually ride?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016

^ It looks and sound smooth... but then again it's an italian manufacturer, so I don't expect high-quality products...

Wow, this .pdf includes a ton of layout drawings (not in high quality, sadly), the dimensions of various track profiles and even the average span between supports for each kind of coasters. x)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

Wow, just look at the transitions into and out of the corkscrew on this one:

https://vimeo.com/132455472

Arrow would be so proud :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

The efteling was once planning to extend their classic coaster 'Python' with a second section and second lifthill.
    I always thought this was rather interesting to see.

Dutch Article about these plans
    I recall someone linking nolimits renditions of this before on this forum.
    Posted By: KingRCT3Found that onART Engineering GmbHwebsite. Looks like the layout of Wicked with the (*cough*) theming of Cannibal

I've seen these before. Made me laugh. I like the loop added to the wicked layout. The theme is much better lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

I cant remember where the hell I saw the plans, but Atlantis at Seaworld San Diego was orignally going to have 2 lifts, and a much larger coaster section of the ride. However due to space restrictions, it was replaced with the elevator lift, and a much smaller coaster section. Doesn't really make sense why it was built where it was, they could of followed magic mountains structure of building rides on parking lots (sense that have like 1000s of spaces on the side of the park that NEVER fill up). I just thought It was interesting and you guys might wanna know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016 edited

Maybe the simplest Maurer layout to date:

Maurer launch coaster:

A WTF concept, still from Maurer:

A second WTF concept:

A spinning with a non-inverted loop:

The Sky-loop with all its extensions:

Random layout (Spinning? Moto?):

Yet another Maurer WTF creation (love how they really call it a EGF turn!)

Another view of Intamin 12-Inversion coaster:

The Zac-Spin was first introduced as the Ball-coaster, and it was featuring a LSM launch:

And here are the proposed layouts:

At first, the 320+ Eurofighter from Gerstlauer was slightly different: The loop was after the overbank, there was a MCBR and a helix afterward, and it would have used the B&M track:

Gerstlauer family launch coaster:

Custom car before it was cool:

Even more family launch coaster:

Anoter family launch coaster, but from Vekoma:

Vekoma Suspended family... with a twist, litteraly:

Vekoma 10 inversions:

A launched Flying Dutchman:

A "ZAP'" coaster, whatever it means (EC-Brakes stands for Eddy Current Brakes, which are magnetic brakes):

A launched SLC:

A cool concept featuring a reversed spike start (not launched, but tracted):

And finally, a motocoaster from P. Schäfer amusement technology:

All the picture belongs to the amazing Coasters and More website. And let just say, thanks Gyazo... .-.
    There are also many renderings of layout that exist today, but I focused on concepts here.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

Holy shit, that Maurer yellow coaster is awesome! Please, someone make it in NL2!

I'll post tonight the Arrow 4th dimension coaster layouts I posted on another thread months ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2016

Remember the Robocoaster rollercoaster in RCT3?
    In was a real concept, as shown in this video of Dynamic Attractions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2016 edited

A Vekoma layout... Without a doubt for a flying coaster:

Original patent with images in higher quality (go to Page "11/16 Drawings").

-

Alternative layout of an S&S El Loco
    Another layout of an El Loco
    A S&S suspended coaster
    Considering pretzel loops are the only element on coasters that (without failure) make me nauseous, that looks like my own personal euthanasia coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2016

That looks like Flashback at SFMM on steroids

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2016 edited

A launch coaster B&M - a 2002 proposition for Thorpe Park... We got Colossus instead:

A GCI wooden, again for Thorpe but we got Saw The Ride:

Total Thorpe Park
    ^That looks like a pretty cool GCI layout
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2016 edited

^ Both look more interesting that what they end up building lol. Is the V&M a flying coaster?

And now one of the most interesting coaster concepts that I've seen...

S&S Xtreme FreeFly
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2016

No, the B&M is a sit-down, the plan just messed-up the track orientation.

Oh, I remember that Xtrem Freefly (I remember drawing one before S&S even showed it)! Too bad none came to fruition...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2016

Travis Rothbloom may only be a coaster enthusiast, but dang he is going nuts when it comes to design a layout!

Download the Project Soar Report and enjoy the read.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2016 edited

^ If you haven't, I really suggest you to read that!

-

Well, here are some Islands Of Adventure blueprints I just came across. Click on the name of the ride for a zoom on the Information Block of each sheet:

Hulk

Dueling Dragons

Here is IOA in its entirety:

As well as a zoom on Port of Entry, Marvel Island, and Seuss Landing ; zoom on Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park ; and zoom on The Lost Continent.

Source
    I'm still quite a fan of the beta The Smiler art, it would've had a totally different look.

• CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2016

It's still such a shame they never went with that. Would have been so much better.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

^ budget is likely to be the culprit
    Damn, those Smiler renders are sick. Also, I wonder what the scale of Silverstar is in the sketch that king posted at the beginning of the thread.
    Those Hulk/Dragon Challenge plans are so interesting to look at. I wonder if anyone is gonna do a recreation of them now with those plans...
    I've got some collectables.

The first one is of a concept for the Cannibal Trains, I wish they had stayed this way but the ones they ended up using work really well too.
     photo Cannibal Train Plan_zps5vyavlph.jpg

The next two are plans for Cannibal I got before the ride was even started to go vertical. I figure now after 2 years these can be shown off.
     photo Cannibal Site Plan 2_zpstq6zvnbi.jpg

photo Cannibal Site Plan 1_zpsiale4uju.jpg

My next one is an Arrow Collectable I found at the Discount donation store shortly after S&S Purchased Arrow. I found it in Logan Utah. Not sure why S&S brought it to Logan after Arrow closed up shop or why Arrow had it in the first place when it was from Arrow to Cedar Point.

photo Arrow Collectable_zps0lrs43wu.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017

Taron g-forces according to the TÜV measurements:

Each g-force measure has its own 0, and a square is worth 0.5g.

We get these approximate maximum values (they are written at the bottom right, but it's really hard to read):

Vertical g-force (black):
    +4.45g
    -0.75g

Horizontal g-forces (red):
    +2.82g
    -2.51g

Acceleration/braking (blue):
    +1.0g
    -2.51g

Remember those are mostly spikes, so for instance don't intentionally put 2 lateral g in your design on purpose. We also see how LSM launches behave, with two distinct peaks.

Source (graph at 29:57)
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

I'm calling bs that Taron only pulls -0.75g.
    ^Where would it pull more?
    I could believe it. If the shambhala recreation shows anything even -0.75g would feel pretty damn strong considering shambhala is mostly floater, yet feels like ejector in areas that pull only -0.3
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

Fabbri gives us some insights about how you design a flat-ride:

Posted By: FabbriMore than 10,000 parts

“Our products are so complex that it would be impossible to develop them without an exceptionally efficient 3D design and simulation solution,” says Fabbri. For Fabbri Group, that solution is Solid Edge® software. Solid Edge offers full interactivity among the various design environments (such as assembly, part and draft).

The starting point for the design of a ride is the desired motion. There are tilting rides, rotating rides, track rides and so on. The second step is ergonomics. ‘‘Considering that we transport the most precious of goods, people, an ergonomic approach is extremely important,” Fabbri explains. “We use various models of human bodies and build the ‘shell’ or seat around each of them. Then, we design accessories, such as the seat bottom or the protection bar that keeps you in place and prevents you from being ejected.”

Once weights and movements have been calculated, designers start the virtual prototyping process in Solid Edge. The ability to preview designs while they are still in the early stages stimulates creativity. Virtual prototypes make it possible to create simulations and check part movements, accelerations and forces. Once these are known, the next step is finite element simulation, which allows designers to shape the metal structures based on the results of dynamic simulations. Another use of Solid Edge is for 3D simulations of assembly and disassembly. A unique characteristic of this kind of equipment is that for transport reasons, parts must be able to bend in complex ways or they must be able to be broken down into many subparts. This is actually the most difficult stage of the design. “The use of a powerful 3D CAD solution such as Solid Edge is critical, as it allows us to preview the objects and the volume of space they occupy,” Fabbri notes.

Solid Edge has not only been good for designers. The sales staff has also benefited. They can now preview colors and models of new rides without needing to create expensive prototypes. Solid Edge has also helped speed the overall development process. Now, manufacturing immediately follows design, while with the old 2D process, there was always a delay. For Fabbri Group, adding Solid Edge to its design process has made it easier and faster to deliver thrills.

Read more

And here are two renders of a stand-up gondola:

Source
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017 edited

Managed to acquire this nifty little photo of the entire layout and queue plan of Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey @ USH, including but not limited to blocking and storage.

(Patrick I hope this might be of use to you)

Quick story behind this image.. Me and my friends got stuck in the loading area of the ride, and we had to be evacuated through a staff only area, where this board is located. I asked a staff member to take the picture, and he let me.

(NOTE: I do not endorse the taking of un-permitted photos of backstage areas of rides and attractions at any parks. Get your permission first, guys.)

But yeah I thought this might be cool to share.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Here is Twisted Colossus:

From this video.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

This isn't official art but I think it's pretty cool.

Tower of Terror at WDW art that includes the shafts and 5th dimention.

EDIT: Made image smaller