Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

That actually looks quite fun
    For some reason, that concept just screams "Legoland" to me. I'd love to try one out someday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2017

It would be a great replacement for the Legoland sky ride (which was being taken apart last time I went).
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2017 edited

The Unicoaster 2.0 is neat, although that layout does nothing more than the flat-ride version, really.

-

Ride Centerline has updated their website, and my oh my it's a gold mine!

Here are all the beams for the supports of Eejanaika:

And here is (a portion of) Extreme Rusher:

A ride sequence of a S&S Combo tower:

A failure chart for the chassis of the launched RMC train (*cough* Lightning Rod):

The Chance train:

The lift of Wildfire :

A storage system:

Brakes fins:

RMC wooden trains:

Finite Element Analysis:

Vertical G-forces of Texas Tornado:

Remember the safety roller-coaster NASA wanted to install on their launch pads? It was designed by Ride Centerline!

NASA Emergency Egress System (with videos).

And here they got a list of all the rides they were involved in.
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2017 edited

Thank you for researching these, KingRCT3. As an engineering student, they make me extremely happy :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Gee, these would have been nice to have earlier. >:(

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

NL2 NASA Emergency Egress Coaster confirmed.
    Posted By: ride_opGee, these would have been nice to have earlier. >:(

-Ride_Op

RMC Trains confirmed?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Stress analysis in NL2 confirmed
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Chance hyper GTX in NL2 confirmed
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Wait, what?
    Posted By: ride_opGee, these would have been nice to have earlier. >:(

RMC TRAINS CONFIRMED!!!
    unless Tom wants NASA's escape system in the program.

Obviously he was only trying to find the brake fin.

FINALLY! Glad they shared so much info!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

This information could come in handy sometime in the future, as I somewhat religiously study coaster types when attempting to make them in NL2. Great find, and nice new site look!
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2017

Found this german Video about Wodan at Europa Park. Around the 40 second mark, you can see that they originally wanted to build a duelling GCI in the russian themed area, but decided against it due to time concerns and the complexity of the Project. Would have been pretty amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2017

Here is a very cool video shot at Port Aventura, with footages from coasters including various measurement: g-forces, hertz (vibrations) and rotational speed.

So we can see for instance that both Red Force and Furius Baco's' launches are around 1.5g, but Baco has an initial jerk of 1.7g and then the value decreased, while Red Force starts at about 1.2g but the value then increases all the way.

The rotational speed gives us a value around 20 rpm for Furius' inline-twist, which translates to 120°/s.
    You can also examinate the shaping of a B&M corkscrew from that kind of info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I'm using hertz to measure coaster roughness from now on.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^You can't do that!
    SLCs would be at over 16,000! hz.
    Woah that video is amazing. I loved the way the inversions looked with gyroscoping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2017 edited

Awesome g-force graph for Mine Blower:

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017 edited

I found that, but I don't know what it is. I mean, it's an Arrow/Chance Morgan hyper ; but is that official, for what park was it planned, etc. I have no clue. Does it ring a bell to someone?

When you do a search by image on Google, you only find this drawing used to illustrate edgy teens quotes (like "life is a roller coaster"). There's even one being overwritten with Taylor Swift song lyrics. That is not helpful.

-

Dynamic Attractions patented their Tilt and drop element, as well as the side drop trick. The drawings are pretty cool.

There's also the patent for the track, if you want to model it for NoLimits.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

The v-shaped track with it's spread out supports looks amazing imo. Can't wait to actually ride a SFX coaster
    Yeah King that Arrow layout was on some guy's website with a bunch of his coaster designs/drawings maybe like 15 years ago. It's not official. I don't know that the website exists anymore as I've only seen that specific picture since.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017 edited

Thanks DC. It looked like a cool layout.

-

Oh, sorry if I post too much, but I just found out Great America was planning for 1998 a 60 meter tall Morgan hyper... featuring a station at mid-height and an elevator. It's worth mentionning, right?

That's from this awesome post featuring all the concept-arts and thoughts that went into the development of this never built attraction (thanks to the neighbors). It's worth a look for the wacky theming(s) planned!

I just discovered this Shane attic thread, and I think I'll have a ton to read the next few days!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

Wow, that looks kind of awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017 edited

Yeah that's a horrible layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017 edited

That's really ugly and short for its size, yeah...

-

In their latest years, Arrow had developed a software called Coaster Vector Analysis (CVA).

Posted By: ArrowArrow's Coaster Vector Analysis software program is used to analyze track layouts. Arrow's engineers use CVA as a tool to improve the overall ride experience. CVA provides engineers and designers with detailed track layout data. CVA generates the following types of data:

Velocity
    Longitudinal Acceleration
    Lateral Acceleration
    Vertical Acceleration
    Resultant Acceleration
    Ride Duration
    Optimum Banking
    CVA can generate all data for the center, front, and trailing end of the vehicle or train. This data allows engineers to determine how different parts of a coaster are affected by a track layout.

Source

It was basically the g-force graph and the "No lats" button of NL2.

Non related, but here was the factory mock-up for the Steeplechase, and it was very cute:

These two bits of trivia are still from the wonderful Shane's Amusement Attic topic.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017 edited

I tried posting something from my phone, it did not go well.

Just ignore this please ;)

That steeplechase brochure was cool to see!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3Dynamic Attractions patented their Tilt and drop element, as well as the side drop trick. The drawings are pretty cool.

I was wondering how the special track piece on the side drop would get back to position after the drop, and I'd guessed that there would be some kind of winch... Nada, it's actually launched back in place.

There's a sneak peek at it during rollback testings in this video from Bloomberg TV. Jump at 1:36.
    http://assets.towersplans.org/documents/531af48964ec8dfbf2000001/56953.pdf BEHOLD! Air plans!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2017

I leik wen de air plans fly tru de sky