Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

Dive Machine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

I guess you can say that by now^

Yes it's the ride you showed me :o Can't wait for it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I love these construction pics! (you could even add ropes to maintain the supports in place, before everything is connected)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017

Posted By: KingRCT3(you could even add ropes to maintain the supports in place)

I got eleven for that
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017 edited

Last night the final piece for the *Diveloop got placed! (Thnx for noticing Delay)

What it looked like by dawn
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Isn't it a dive loop?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I think u r right. An Immelman has the opposite travel direction.
    https://gyazo.com/90c831191ef3801597abc6455340d1f2

Might want to move that track connection point down a bit so it dosen't intersect with the loop support.

Loving the realistic construction updates so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'm disappointed that the entire coaster isn't upside down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2017

Topped off

a D4. Very interesting indeed, testing already wow, i guess the whole layout has been constructed now.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2017

Reminds me at RCT train flies off track and explodes. ha ha
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

Trackwork is expected to be done very soon

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

It's been a week and almost the entire coaster is built? Damn, these guys are quick.

In seriousness, looks like a really fun layout from what I can see, I'm excited to see it all "put together".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Well here it is, the layout reveal. I'll be gone for a few days so that's why I reveal it now already.

With scenery

Note that you may recognise the station building from the show
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Why are there tracks where the track dives below the ground?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

^Forgot to set them on invisable and tunnel mode
    It's a good layout, very B&M, only critique I have is the first support of the Dive Loop. A regular /\ type support (Such as the one next to it) should suffice there, rather than the ugly/un-B&M like support you have currently. You'll also need at least one more support under the airtime hill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Yeah, I 'll put an extra support under the airtimehill it is indeed needed. I tried to have a 'normal' support for the diveloop but ended up with a slightly odd result anyway, and since B&M sometimes use a weird looking support for their coasters I taught that this would be fine too. (Hollywood Dream for instance)

The supports are like that on Hollywood dream because they're supporting two tracks, which is very rare for B&M (the entire ride is a bit of an oddity tbh, but they provided what the park wanted).

I do think a normal support would work better in this circumstance though, there doesn't seem enough reason not to have a regular support, and B&M's are about the support aesthetic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ The reason is it has to avoid the tunnel underneath (see the pic with scenery).

I like that layout, really realistic, not too long, but interesting at the same time especially that airtime hill! I like the two-toned supports, too.
    Even a normal /\ frame would still give enough clearance though, you can tell by the concrete tunnel in the blank environment pictures, there's tons of room (even if you were to use a 6/8/10 person car there'd be enough room).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Changed the diveloop support and added a support under the airtimehill

Area overview

Preparing for season 2 :)
    visual sex.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

Still odd support, why not do THIS (1) instead of your version (2).
    Version 1 in the linked image makes perfect sense and is perfect B&M like support.

And take a good look at your flanges please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Actually that support is perfectly acceptable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTime6 days ago

I think that support is fine but I would give it a little more of a perpendicular angle to the track. Love this layout a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Thanks for helping me finding out what the best solution is for the supports, there are stills some small things i need to change, but i will do that when i've finished the main things of the park.

Small station update:
     width=1000
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Looks good, can't wait to see with textures.
    Very realistic layout I can see this dive machine being build in reality!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTime5 hours ago

Thnx!^

Here are some render I made of the exterior of the building. I decided to give it a slightly different look than the building has in real life (Since i didn't like the red painted bricks for example)
     width=1000
     width=1000
     width=1000
     width=1000
    Posted By: KingRCT3BRETT JONES!! :D

Yes it's me haha.

I pop by from time to time I'm trying to follow coaster stuff abit more at the minute with all the new great coasters coming in 2018.

I love stranger things and think it's a great concept to work with. I think this whole thing is awesome however for realism purposes I'd love to see a smaller scale area that would fit into an actual park rather than a park wide theme. I still love it though!