Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

Dive Machine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

I guess you can say that by now^

Yes it's the ride you showed me :o Can't wait for it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I love these construction pics! (you could even add ropes to maintain the supports in place, before everything is connected)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017

Posted By: KingRCT3(you could even add ropes to maintain the supports in place)

I got eleven for that
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017 edited

Last night the final piece for the *Diveloop got placed! (Thnx for noticing Delay)

What it looked like by dawn
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Isn't it a dive loop?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I think u r right. An Immelman has the opposite travel direction.
    https://gyazo.com/90c831191ef3801597abc6455340d1f2

Might want to move that track connection point down a bit so it dosen't intersect with the loop support.

Loving the realistic construction updates so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'm disappointed that the entire coaster isn't upside down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2017

Topped off

a D4. Very interesting indeed, testing already wow, i guess the whole layout has been constructed now.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2017

Reminds me at RCT train flies off track and explodes. ha ha
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

Trackwork is expected to be done very soon

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

It's been a week and almost the entire coaster is built? Damn, these guys are quick.

In seriousness, looks like a really fun layout from what I can see, I'm excited to see it all "put together".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Well here it is, the layout reveal. I'll be gone for a few days so that's why I reveal it now already.

With scenery

Note that you may recognise the station building from the show
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Why are there tracks where the track dives below the ground?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

^Forgot to set them on invisable and tunnel mode
    It's a good layout, very B&M, only critique I have is the first support of the Dive Loop. A regular /\ type support (Such as the one next to it) should suffice there, rather than the ugly/un-B&M like support you have currently. You'll also need at least one more support under the airtime hill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Yeah, I 'll put an extra support under the airtimehill it is indeed needed. I tried to have a 'normal' support for the diveloop but ended up with a slightly odd result anyway, and since B&M sometimes use a weird looking support for their coasters I taught that this would be fine too. (Hollywood Dream for instance)

The supports are like that on Hollywood dream because they're supporting two tracks, which is very rare for B&M (the entire ride is a bit of an oddity tbh, but they provided what the park wanted).

I do think a normal support would work better in this circumstance though, there doesn't seem enough reason not to have a regular support, and B&M's are about the support aesthetic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ The reason is it has to avoid the tunnel underneath (see the pic with scenery).

I like that layout, really realistic, not too long, but interesting at the same time especially that airtime hill! I like the two-toned supports, too.
    Even a normal /\ frame would still give enough clearance though, you can tell by the concrete tunnel in the blank environment pictures, there's tons of room (even if you were to use a 6/8/10 person car there'd be enough room).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2017

Changed the diveloop support and added a support under the airtimehill

Area overview

Preparing for season 2 :)
    visual sex.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2017 edited

Still odd support, why not do THIS (1) instead of your version (2).
    Version 1 in the linked image makes perfect sense and is perfect B&M like support.

And take a good look at your flanges please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2017

Actually that support is perfectly acceptable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

I think that support is fine but I would give it a little more of a perpendicular angle to the track. Love this layout a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Thanks for helping me finding out what the best solution is for the supports, there are stills some small things i need to change, but i will do that when i've finished the main things of the park.

Small station update:
     width=1000
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2017

Looks good, can't wait to see with textures.
    Very realistic layout I can see this dive machine being build in reality!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2017

Thnx!^

Here are some render I made of the exterior of the building. I decided to give it a slightly different look than the building has in real life (Since i didn't like the red painted bricks for example)
     width=1000
     width=1000
     width=1000
     width=1000
    Posted By: KingRCT3BRETT JONES!! :D

Yes it's me haha.

I pop by from time to time I'm trying to follow coaster stuff abit more at the minute with all the new great coasters coming in 2018.

I love stranger things and think it's a great concept to work with. I think this whole thing is awesome however for realism purposes I'd love to see a smaller scale area that would fit into an actual park rather than a park wide theme. I still love it though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2017 edited

Sooo, time for an update again. I've decided, or atleast im trying to get some things done for RoundUp200. I've added quite some building which I'm still working on right now. I won't make them too detailed because i mainly have them to fill the greenfield, but I also might use it for a small attraction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2017

Binge Watched the whole new season today, and damn it was good. It also helps with getting some fresh inspiration for my project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017 edited

Time for an update again! :)

I like it. You've really nailed the aesthetic.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017 edited

Only thing that's missing is proper 6 Seaters instead of 4 Seaters :P I really hope this will make it into the Round-Up, I love it.

#Edit: Oh and before I forget it I would probably change the connector of the drop release as seen here:

VS.

But that's just nitpicking right now :D
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017

Strange kind of connector / support ?? :

•  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017

Yes