Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2016 edited

I am currently working on my new dive machine coaster but I am seeing a issue when I am scripting my block logic. I am unable to find how to control the Drop chain. I can turn it on and turn it off but it is not operating the way it should.

Has anyone done this or know how to control this function while scripting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2016

Did you remember to check the "dive drop" box in the type settings. Also when yous set it as a dive drop or whatever its called, its not a block. I've done that a few times.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist

I will have to look. I am pretty sure that the check box is checked because I turned my script off for a while then finally said whatever and turned it back on. Maybe that is where my issue is, I am calling it a block. I was treating it in the same manor as the lift. Like I said I will have to check that out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

What does the coaster need a script for?
    • CommentAuthordjtwist

Block Logic / controls. NL's logic is not set up for B&M rides. So my script mimics the real control system.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2016

@HafizBazzi - I checked this out and I do remember trying this in the beginning. One thing to remember is when you turn the coaster into script mode, every motor and brake on the ride has to be controlled / told what to do. In this case when I leave the Drop Section out of my code. The chain does not move / motor never comes on. When this happens the train just goes over the drop. Every Lift section is considered a block no matter what.

With that being said. I am looking for a way to turn on "Drop Mode" thru scripting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2016

I don't know how or why your even scripting just a basic drop coaster, but have you tried using the script generator. Theres a link for it somewhere on the forums and its pretty self explanatory.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2016

It is funny that when you post a question in a scripting category on this forum, the people that respond have never scripted, or coded in there life and have no clue what you are talking about or why.

Thanks Zergei & HafizBazzi for chiming in..........

If you do not know the answer OR do not know how to script in NL2 please do not respond. I put this discussion in the No Limits Coaster Scripting category for a reason...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^You don't have to be rude about it. Mostly everyone here is helpful. If there is an answer, someone will let you know. If not, you may be out of luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2016 edited

It looks as if the drop brake uses some internal code that cannot be controlled by a script. I didn't tested it by using a script yet, but I wasn't able to stop a train on a "drop mode" lift in "full manual mode".

I will probably also experiment with this a little bit more when I can find time for it since this is an interesting question. But maybe using a dummy transport section or the Train.setLashedToTrack(bool lashed) method will help in your case.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist

@jpaufsc - I am not trying to be rude I just don't like when people chime in and say well I don't know know why you would want to do that. To be honest I program these rides for a living. I just want full control (or as much as I can with NL limitation).

@bestdani - That is what I was thinking as well. I was actually thinking of using the Lash to track method but have not go around to doing this yet. Thank you for your response.
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016

@Jake - I am not at liberty to say at this time. But to get into the controls field you just have to apply and get experience just like any other job out there. It might not be rides right off the bat but you can always switch over to that down the road if the positions are open. Just remember the controls field is smaller than just a normal programming job.

@Bestdani - I went thru my code last night and I was already using the Lash To Track method. After some testing I figured out what my issue was. The issue in the beginning and why I wanted to ask the question on here was that when I released the train, it would stall first and then go. I did stop the train at the normal stopping position for this type of ride and where that is as soon as it is at that point, gravity should take over. Now to what I discovered. The chain section was actually holding the train back a bit kind of like adding a ton of friction while the train is going down hill hence for the stalling. I shortened the chain section and now it releases as soon as I want it. Look wise it does not look right because the back of the train is sitting at the end of the chain or lift section but functional wise it works just fine. I might do another test and see if I can fix this but it looks like it is more of a internal issue when doing a drop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016

Just wanted to make clear I wasn't being negative, just asking an honest question, if that's how you interpreted it. I'm rarely critical unless something is mind-numbingly bad lol
    • CommentAuthordjtwist
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2016

@Zergei - No problems! For me when looking at any coasters besides Arrow I like to script especially B&M. The logic in NL2 is close to that of Arrow coasters.