Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2016

Hey guys! I think I have made enough progress with this, so I decided to create this thread and stop spamming the best pictures thread. Hopefully I will update this thread very frequently, but keep in mind everything may change (and in fact you can see some diferent things between this first pictures).

I will explain more things about the story (it has one, but I still need to develop it more lol) and the theming later. So, for now, here is a bunch of pictures:

Btw, I'm open to suggestions for a new name... I'm really horrible thinking names. Hope you like it :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2016 edited

This is looking so awesome so far.

I think before we start thinking of names we might wanna hear the story first.
    I read it as Curse of Tarragon at first haha. "Oh noo.. the evil herb!!"

Anyways, it looks great. Have you been editing the pictures post NL? How have you got the lighting so magical looking..
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

IT HAS A NAME! HOORAY!

-Ride_Op
    Posted By: OlmiseryI think before we start thinking of names we might wanna hear the story first.

+1

Additionally, what're you looking for criticism on? Your transitions into the diving drops don't look quite tight enough, especially the one out of the MCBR. Also, I'd revisit your flanges. There are several places where they should be flanges and there are none, and some that don't seem necessary. Regarding scenery, you had mentioned in the past that variation between your castle towers would be coming, but it just looks like you stretched a couple of them out. Will additional details be modified? It just looks weird to me personally that all the towers are essentially the same.

Lastly, what does your horizon look like? All of your elevated photos are either looking straight up or straight down. Is this coaster on an island? Is there greenfield in the distance?

Looking awesome so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

Posted By: CrazycoasterI read it as Curse of Tarragon at first haha. "Oh noo.. the evil herb!!"

Guilty as well.

I think it looks great in terms of the overall image. The second picture gave me baby chills. However, I do agree with Beatles on the flange part since in the first picture that support seems to have no flange at all (and has a weird angle, or is it just the angle of the image?) I also say go with your gut in terms of the horizon; do not force anything and make it work to your vision. It already has all of us on our toes anyways!
    whats going on with that support in the first pic, looks like either the wrong connector, or the angle is too sharp and its clipping the track, apart from that this thing looks stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016

@Crazycoaster yes, this pictures are edited. I've finally found a way to make the pictures look great with little time. At least until the new lightning system arrives...

@Ride_Op it was about time lol.

Posted By: TheBeatles
    Posted By: OlmiseryI think before we start thinking of names we might wanna hear the story first.

+1

Additionally, what're you looking for criticism on? Your transitions into the diving drops don't look quite tight enough, especially the one out of the MCBR. Also, I'd revisit your flanges. There are several places where they should be flanges and there are none, and some that don't seem necessary. Regarding scenery, you had mentioned in the past that variation between your castle towers would be coming, but it just looks like you stretched a couple of them out. Will additional details be modified? It just looks weird to me personally that all the towers are essentially the same.

Lastly, what does your horizon look like? All of your elevated photos are either looking straight up or straight down. Is this coaster on an island? Is there greenfield in the distance?

Looking awesome so far!

The supports are prefabs... I don't want to touch them until all the scenery and terraforming are in place.

The track is going to stay that way, although I agree with the drops. But you know, I've come to a point where I don't care too much about the technical details... As long as it looks and feels like the real rides I'm fine with it.

The castle hasn't been touched except for a few details, but it will change. At the moment I plan to do four more types of towers, there is not going to be any scaled up/down towers in the ended ride.

As for the horizon... It will be a mix of everything. The castle/village will be completely surrounded by rocks, with two entry gates. Surrounding this circle there will be farming grounds, and surrounding that one a forest. Then the water. It's going to be an island, but a pretty big one. If it ends looking like I've pictured on my head should be pretty great!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016 edited

Well, some more progress have been made... I guess it's 30% finished and it will take a month and a half.

Today I finished the modelling in this part of the area (only texturing and signs need to be added. Also trashcans).

Also added this small stage. Really like how it turned out.

And this carriage is supposed to hide the test seat of the coaster (I think there was a released object pack which included test seats, does anybody knows where can I find it?
    this will look fantastic when its done

PLZ GET SOMEONE TO RECORD THIS IN NEW LIGHTING ENGINE.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2016

^ Thanks! I really hope the new lightning engine gets released soon. I will wait for it to arrive to record the video.

And another update. At this pace it will be finished way before than I expected. Today I started working on the mainstreet part of the area (That yellow building will get different framing and windows):

Btw, does anyone have some tips to get realistic windows without them being translucent (no interior)? I'm really having a hard time with those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2016

I think cheetah had a way for windows where he took a screenshot facing away from the window, then altered it to be blurred and cut to shape, etc. It looked alright but I wouldn't know a better way.

Add reflection to the window texture using an NL2MAT would be the best way I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2016

Wow, looks great! And you're so fast Oo