Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello all!

For almost a month now I have been deadlocked on ideas, nothing I worked on seemed to give me motivation. But now I believe I have found a project that I can hopefully finish. I give you, Entity : 11

The 11 is there for multiple reasons; First of those being you cant have a cliche sci-fi ride without a number at the end, and secondly because this MIGHT become my roundup 150 entry (if you remember how disastrously I failed last time). As to not pull an "Explorer 2", I will be making the best efforts to give this ride as much of a soul as possible. Anyway, enough with the paragraphs, and onto the pictures!

Layout overview, heavily inspired by my 2 favourite GCIs, Gold Striker and Apocalypse.

First Drop and Turn

"Back" end of the layout

Another angle

I tried to give the track itself a lot of minute details.

Wooden coverings on all crossovers and in flat areas for maintenance workers.

And now for something Gold Striker doesn't have and Apocalypse did have. On-board Sound!

Its on its entirely own car, and attaches to the in-game train.

Cool angle, I guess.

I also wanted this ride to have an atmosphere at all times of day.

Final Overview

Hopefully this project doesn't crash and burn, as I have a lot of awesome ideas I'd love to add to it.

Let me know what you guys think!
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016

Looking great! Did you do the track details with 3DS or just supports? I think that the GCI style is really underused in Nl2.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Looks really good. I hope you finish this and make the roundup this time.

^I think GCIs aren't done as much as the shaping, pacing, and feel are really hard to get right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^^ He did it with supports, and I've managed to do the same. It's really time consuming though.
    ^ I agree with that, I think FVD++ is probably a good way to go if you want the 'pumps' as I call them to have the right rhythm.

Why Christmas lights?

•  
      CommentAuthorKG9

About how I love this idea and think it looks great too..
    • CommentAuthorA113

really like the layout, i appreciate the apocalypse references
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

^^^^ he didn't do it with supports, it was done in blender to follow the track perfectly
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I stand corrected :P
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Will this coaster be released? I still want to import the amazing Grand Duc GCI from NL1 but it is a trackpack and I do not have NL1 anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ same
    Posted By: rct800Looking great! Did you do the track details with 3DS or just supports? I think that the GCI style is really underused in Nl2.

The track details are 3Ds, and I agree that more people should make GCIs!

Posted By: Mr. ELooks really good. I hope you finish this and make the roundup this time.

Thanks! and I hope so to!

Posted By: CoasterGuy2000

Why Christmas lights?

I can see why you'd think that, I've fixed the lights to fit the desired theme a lot more now.

Posted By: A113really like the layout, i appreciate the apocalypse references

Thanks! Apocalypse was a major inspiration for this.

Posted By: TOGO FanWill this coaster be released? I still want to import the amazing Grand Duc GCI from NL1 but it is a trackpack and I do not have NL1 anymore.

This will be released once it is finished.

I worked on some of the scenery for the ride this morning, adding various peices of destruction and a centerpiece for the north side of the layout.

And here's the new lighting,

While I like the blue/green for the general structure, I think you should change it up for the debris props, maybe having a more "real" color on them? Something like a red/orange color jumps out to me. Also, I think the track/supports should be the same color, looking at pictures of real GCIs (Apocalypse specifically).
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I really like the coaster, but I think the scenery is waaaay oversized.

As for the lights, try to have one color for a general glow, and then another tone for the few things you want to highlight. Right now it's a bit random. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016 edited

For the lights, I'd also recommend turning off/way down the volume effect to make them less noticeable. Aside for that, I like how it's going, and am loving the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I think a great lighting addition would be an occasional "police siren" and sound effect in some locations if this an apocalypse kind of theme. Looks great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

I like it, keep up the work code.
    >Stream Over>
    Lots of progress made on the stream!

Oh and the trains got a nose car :D
    Looks really good, but I'm not sure how I feel about the MASSIVE jet airliner sticking up from the ground like that... Maybe go Swarm style and just use a wing?
    I love it so far but I'm not sure on the theme 'sci-fi', as it seems that you are taking it in more of an apocalypse/horror direction (which I love btw). Perhaps a bit more definition regarding the theme, e.g. why the train is a car, why everything is post-apocalypse would make us (well, me) understand it a bit more.

Other than that, I love the layout and details! It's a shame you'll place 11th in the roundup though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXYZcoaster
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016 edited

I love the large pieces of theming as it helps make your coaster stand out, the one thing you need to achieve to be in Roundup 150.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016 edited

I agree with Jetstream. It does look really strange to have a fully assembled jumbo jet just kind of sticking out of the ground, looking fairly unbalanced. Maybe chop it up and spread pieces elsewhere, as though it had actually crashed? It'd be neat to have a detailed segment of it in the entrance area, similar to the War of the Worlds set at USH, with the oxygen masks deployed and stuff.

Also, for added effect, I'd have an area for cranes to enter the ride envelope, similar to the portion of Apocalypse before the flaming Jeep.
    Great coaster layout and technical details, but its lacking HEAVILY in the scenery and lighting departments. The scenery is extremely oversized and takes away from the coaster. Having some major, iconic objects is fine like the plane, but dont place so many that they distract from the attraction and place them carefully so that they work with the coaster and not fight against it. The lighting still needs a great deal of work too. Subtle is better. Right now it looks to forced which makes it look a little gimmicky. Try using more desaturated lights and less variation in the colors.

Otherwise great work so far and Im excited to see this beautiful coaster develop!
    @All plane comments

I agree, so I have fixed it somewhat:

Oh, and i started to give it an enviornment, rather than it being surrounded by nothing:

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016 edited

Oh come on, break the plane. Snap off the tail or something, it fell out of the sky!

Or I guess the story could be that a plane tried to take off, failed to, and then tilted slightly to the right causing a global apocalypse :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016

The tail/wing headchopper combo is one of the reasons he added that in the first place though, and I don't see a way you could decimate the plane without screwing that effect up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016 edited

Maybe snap the tail section off, put it on the track and have the train actually go through a large hole in the fuselage?
    ^now that's an idea...
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2016

queue through the plane?
    Out of nowhere...

(Click to Play)
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2017 edited

Nicely done, Patrick! The video was well-paced and enjoyable to watch. Well-edited as well. The entire environment is great too, good selection of headchoppers and scenery interaction. I think the texturing on the station could have been improved a bit if anything needed sprucing up. The track and most of your shaping felt very true to GCI and had a good pacing to it. If anything, I think the last third felt a little repetitive, so seeing as GCI has been adding a more or less surprise element into the mix on their recent builds, I could see you making the end more out of control. I find this part of Apocalypse very memorable, where you get thrown to the right as the track banks to the right before the station fly-by:

https://gyazo.com/293e3cc3f5bc51e805f1177def8360c8

You could have played with the laterals on some turns a little more and tightened them up, but this is obviously nitpicking. Great job again!

edit: Forgot to mention how rad your zero car is. I would have raised the intensity on the headlights a bit to make them really pop.