Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCollin
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016

After not using NL2 for over a year I started again with a B&M Floorless, what you guys think so far?

Still busy completing the lift-hill with nets and other extra stuff, did a first drop, looping and zero-g roll for now.

• CommentAuthorCollin
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016 edited

Thanks for the replies!

Yes I just want to start with a decent track, not too fancy. Made some little progress this evening:

Did some extra shaping on the zero g roll, it's a bit tighter now.

Also added a little immelman, still not 100% satisfied by the shaping of it but I'll work on that.

Coming to this high speed banked turn before entering the MCBR, that's it for today.

Psssht.. an overview of what I have so far:

•  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

The individual elements look great, and I actually like the unique shaping on the Immelman. I could see a new-generation B&M using an element like that, I vote that you keep it. I'd appreciate an overview of the complete layout so far.

• CommentAuthorCollin

^ Updated post #2 with an overview!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Good golly that was fast. Looks good!

• CommentAuthorCollin

^ Thanks, I know it's not the most fancy/unique layout so far but I started this project just to build a decent looking coaster after such a long time of not building one.

Should I add interlocking corkscrews after the MCBR or not?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Yes. I love those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Yes, definitely. I'm with TOGO on this one.

• CommentAuthorCollin

^^ & ^
    I'll give that a try tomorrow, I'll let you guys know!
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2016

The only thing I would try and change is to make the loop a little bit skinnier, it's too circular for a B&M, but other than that minor, nitpicky issue, looks awesome!
    Like I said in the other thread, this looks awesome! I also agree, the dive loop shape is unique, but not in a bad way. I like it :)

Also, I'm not a mod but I will say that as per forum rules, it's unecdessary to quote a post directly above yours. Just use a simple ^ to reply to a single comment. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2016 edited

^ Mod here, and this guy is right. Please avoid quoting the post(s) right above yours and use ^ instead. I edited your preview posts already, so you can see how to do it (well, it's not rocket science, haha). Also, try not double-posting in the future.

And welcome back, Collin! This look really fancy already. The shaping of the immelman reminds me of Hair Raiser actually.
    Finally, +1 for interlocking corkscrews, if you can manage to make it (it's difficult to get the look and pacing right)! ;)
    • CommentAuthorCollin

^
    Yeah okay I won't quote like that again, I'm sorry!

My first attempt for the Interlocking Corkscrews:

Not sure if I'm happy with this already.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

Really loving it so far! I always have a sweet spot for well made B&Ms. One Thing that I was thinking about: I feel like your MCBR is a Little early in the ride. I would personally remove it and maybe add it after the corkscrews? Or remove it entirely? Not very sure, but I think that an MCBR is only useful when you really Need it because of a Long ride to avoid Trains stacking on the lift. You can very well see that on newer B&Ms like Shambala or Banshee.
    • CommentAuthorCollin
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2016 edited

^
    Yeah I think it's not needed because this coaster will be operating with 2 train, I keep the MCBR but as a trim brake just for aesthetics.

Lay out so far, it's not final but i like the idea of a heartline-roll at the end.

Lay out so far