Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving tomorrow. I thought it would be fun to have a topic of what your thankful for that No Limits 2 has that No Limits 1 did not.

Working on my Roundup 150 entry today and I am thankful for copy and paste of supports!

Have at it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2016

I'm thankful for a much upgraded wooden support system that looks fantastic compared to the first go in NL1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

not mandatory snap setting and beam nodes, make supporting sooooooooooooooo much easier
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

BEAM

NODES
    More than one coaster in a park (That wasn't a thing in NL1 right?)

A better terraforming system! (and beam nodes of course lol)

Wing coaster, dive coaster, flying coaster, MACK mega coaster, Gerstlauer infinity coasters, and 4D coaster

I'm probably forgetting a few but if you think about it, NL2 has a lot more coaster styles than NL1, and it's awesome

Edit: also intamin rocket coaster style duh
    Flanges. I remember doing that shit by hand using free nodes, or placing 3D flange objects for like a month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Advanced Shaders´╝ü
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I just want to thank them for creating an even better "sequel" to an already amazing simulation. They knocked it out of the park with NL 2 - literally.
    I haven't had nl but what I know is that the coaster physics are way better now and I'm really thankful for that! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

More coaster styles, more support options (flanges, more sizes and shapes, extensions, coloring etc.), better scenery handling and the possibility of using scripts and even more awesome community interaction (Screenshot Saturday, roundups) come to my mind.

Thank you for your hard work on this incredible piece of software! After all these years NL2 is still (!) the best coaster simulation out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The new b-spline system, separated roll nodes and track styles. I won't lie, it took quite a time to be accustomed to it (remember when nobody knew how to even make a straight section?), but in the end it's just soooo much better.
    ^ I agree. It took some getting used to but now I love it.

S C R I P T I N G

I like how there is th overlay feature, made remaking nemesis a lot easier!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

^^ YES!
    It made my 2 months of learning Java a lot less useless.
    Posted By: OlmiseryBEAM
    NODES

Posted By: AJClarke0912Flanges. I remember doing that shit by hand using free nodes, or placing 3D flange objects for like a month.

This. So much this. Support in NL2 is a dream. But also:

B&M track connectors!
    I'm thankful for the incredibly powerful editor that's in NL2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

^I second that, the ability to make extremely smooth handbuilt tracks is something I appriciate soooo much!!!
    I never used NL1... All I've ever known is NL2...

Poster screenshots and native 60fps are things I'm thankful for. They make NoLimits coasters look so great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2016 edited

There is not a single aspect, it's all the possibilities that allow you to really customize your coaster and park to fit your imaginations and that it can even be used as a platform to simulate flatrides and other theme park related (and even not related) stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2016

Thank you everyone. If not for all of you we would not still be here doing this hard work. We are glad you all enjoy the creative freedom offered by NoLimits 2.

-Ride_Op