Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016 edited

As some of you saw yesterday in the WDYDINL thread, I've recently been working on a new flying coaster concept, not tied to any manufacturer. Supports on the flying coaster "Burnout" are just about finished. In the pictures below you can get a bit of a better view of the "Railgun" launch concept, where riders flip upside-down from the station straight into the launch. I think the next pictures you guys see will have rail extensions, as the B&M flying coaster doesn't quite fit the Maurer AG track style. My plan is to use the light pattern creator to turn the round rails into square ones that fit the B&M bogies. The square rails should work fine, taking a few pages from RMC's book.
    https://gyazo.com/5b895c552fdd3d14dd5544734bbaebfe
    https://gyazo.com/0ce39412eaf6348beb2abc2f310371a7
    https://gyazo.com/7ea8c6c7ddaf3e388bdb0e168a945a4b
    http://i.imgur.com/D2NREhM.png
    http://i.imgur.com/n8WYHPj.png

This is once again part of my initiative to make more creative/interesting track layouts than I have in the past (starting with Escape From Tomorrow), and feedback so far from the Facebook page has been positive. You guys are the real critics though, what do you think?
    Looks like a sweet concept.
    I think launch evacuations might be an issue, but other than that it looks pretty good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016

Posted By: TheBeatlesYou guys are the real critics though, what do you think?

This is not what B&M would do.

Other than that, it's a really solid concept, it looks really cool. But Coasterguy has a point, you gotta think about that.
    actually its not an issue If its using b&m style trains, launch evacuation will be fine as the seats fold down from above, for the brake run, it would not be hard to evacuate while lying on their backs. So id say its fine IMO. Looks like a fun layout too.
    But loading from lying position would be an issue for the station...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Altough I actually doubt that you have "failed" at this point: But from the screenshots it looks as if many valleys could cause too intense "forward" forces onto the riders. The idea of going lie to fly in that way is actually cool.

I didn't got that potential launch evacuation problem, at least when the train makes it from the top through the layout without additional kinetic engery and some speed reserves. It looks as if this works fine from the third screenshot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

...meaning you'd have to have a double-hinged seat system in order to load upright and fold down on the launch track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Ok I see what you mean, I actually thought the idea was to load the riders in the lie position but you're right if this is not the case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Yeah, the station is on top, the launch under it. So the loading would be a problem for the B&M trains, but since it's not supposed to be a B&M, I see no problem other than the question of how to visualize the loading and unloading in the sim.

Very clever layout!
    oh snap, thought the station was at the bottom just before the launch, my bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016 edited

Leave it in flying position, unhook the restraints slowly/carefully, person climbs out with assistance, onto a raised platform if necessary. Doesn't have to be pretty. See also: any evacuation that's happened on a ride ever, especially on non-flat surfaces. No dual-pivot necessary IMO, and your hypothetical train would just load Vekoma-style in the station.

Cool concept. I would be marginally concerned about flying position G loads, but also kind of assume that at this point in your designing career you've thought of that and I'm wrong, so, thumbs up from me.

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

Is this for download ?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Yeah it is
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I assume at NLE ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

He was being purely sarcastic, this project is definitely dead.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2017

Yesterday i did a quick search on NLE, couldn't find it.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: ZergeiHe was being purely sarcastic, this project is definitely dead.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2017 edited

Release

Since at least one person would like the download to the file, I've made the coaster available for download on Steam!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865524088
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I told you @MrRC
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Can someone make a Dropbox download link plz ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Rip me
    Great work joseph :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Never saw this released, really fun looking coaster though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Way better than your previous creation! :D

Although the white background is a bit disturbing for the onride view as we ofte have no visual clues of what is actually happening.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Can some body make a Dropbox download ?
    ^Id recommend just getting a steam key
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017

How does it work with a Steam Key ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017 edited

Download steam client and email the devs for a key, I'm not sure if you're familiar with steam but it's basically an online library of games you can download at any time. No need to have to get a key over and over when you have a new PC etc.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

The ride isn't even that good are you sure this is worth it
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ Mrcolly,

I don't have a key yet
    How do i insert the key into the key into the Steam client ?

Maybe a screenschot wud help me a lot.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

Seems this is removed from Steam.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

Not for me