Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016 edited

photo RunRunnerBanner_zpsl6esry5a.jpg

The Ron Tropical distillery has a problem and needs your help! Are you brave enough to face this family thrill adventure?

About this project

Basically: it was a merge of two opposites: a family friendly ride, themed to something not so family friendly: Rum! Why rum? I wanted to do something with a tropical theme, and not end up with a jungle themed ride. Main inspiration came from a game series called Tropico. If you don’t know Tropico, check it out: it I a weird and Caribbean version of Cities Skylines (worst description ever, just check it out ^^)

Am I satisfied with the final coaster? Yes I am. Am I satisfied with the scenery: Yes, but I would have loved to get some more details in if I had the time to do it.

Now the biggie: Am I satisfied with the video: Yes and no. The video shows a great deal of the project, which is good. This is what I do not like about the video:
    1) Most of the shots were rendered a week before the deadline. Due to a stupid mistake, I lost all the offride footage (onride footage was stored on a different harddrive). I had to re-render the complete offride footage overnight from Saturday to Sunday. Goodbye sleep! Not all of the shots got re-rendered, so my original offride-view-plan was arbandoned. The new offride shots are not bad at all, but still not what I had in mind. I did take the time to get the speed camera shot in, which ended up decent.
    2) The video was re-edited really fast just to get it done, plus I was very tired while editing. This means that I was not able to put as much care in as I was originally planning.
    3) The super cheesy voice-over was recorded at 4:00 AM. You can probably hear it.

That's enough of me complaining about basically nothing: Here are some photo's I took during the distillery tour!

photo PhotoTourBanner_zpsdtxcbk25.jpg

Edit: fixed image links
    • CommentAuthorBullero

Edit: fixed image links
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016

Congrats Robert!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

This was fucking amazing
    This is too good, congrats on getting second place!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

You might want to fix the doors on the boiler lol. In the video it looked like they clipped through the trains. Apart from that though this was great!
    Awesome work, great work!
    • CommentAuthorBullero

Thanks all! I'm honored to be featured in the roundup!

@Paradox: That does not happen in the simulation: it happened in the video due to lag and the timing between the two trains that got screwed up by lag(open / close door triggers) while rendering the video. I have noticed it, but I just simply did not have the time to re-shoot it :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

That was mind-blowing. A bunch of great idea there, I guess your real work helped for this coaster. =D
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

So awesome, the special track sections were great. That boiler portion would be fantastic irl. Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2016

Wow, this was a very very cool ride. I loved all the special effects and the idea behind it all.

On a side note: could you explain how you did the two special sections? I'd love to know that :)
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

^^^ Thanks!
    ^^ I always wanted to do a fake line-up before a drop ;)
    ^ Yedrimas made an awesome tutorial on this stuff. You can find it here on the forums.

Q: Is there going to be a download?!
    A: No, unfortunately. I decided that the video should do the trick. Plus the file size is gigantic, and the whole experience is quite sensitive to lag. This is what caused the boiler door glitch in the video. I did see it, I just did not have the time to reshoot it.

I am planning on optimizing my next project in a way that makes it run smoothly on any pc: and making the experience available for everybody.