Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016 edited

We are just under 50 weeks left for Roundup 200! To make this huge milestone Roundup more interesting, we have created a special contest with PRIZES for everyone who makes it into Roundup 200!

We made a few rule changes for this contest. The goal of these rule changes is to ensure that your ride experience is shown for the first time as the 10 winning videos are revealed. That sense of surprise and wonder is lost if POVs, live streams, and teaser videos are posted ahead of time. Still screens are still allowed and encouraged to show off your progress. Otherwise, we want everyone to keep the full ride experience secret until the content reveal.

Here are the rules:

- All submissions for Roundup 200 must be set to Unlisted on YouTube and not be posted anywhere. Keep your video secret. If it's listed or shared anywhere, it'll be disqualified.
    - All coasters/parks featured must not be previously released or otherwise available for download.
    - Video/Live Streaming/Animated GIF previews/trailers/teasers that show your coaster are prohibited. Keep the ride experience a surprise to be first revealed when the winners are announced.
    - You may post as many still screenshots of your park/coaster as you like to show off your progress.
    - The coaster/park featured and the entire video must be your own work. You may not submit a video of someone else's coaster/park.
    - One video submission per person. If you send us more than one submission, we'll only take the last one sent.
    - We will send a custom made small prize out to the 10 people whose submitted videos are featured in Roundup 200. If you are under 18, you must have your parents contact us and give their permission.
    - Any video not featured in Roundup 200 will be eligible for our normal weekly roundups 201 and 202.
    - Videos must be submitted no later than December 3rd, 2017.
    - You may make your video public and post your park for download after the full list is revealed on December 6th, 2017.
    - Codemaster will procrastinate, spend 3 days on a project, and return to his rightful 11th place. He will win 11 post-it notes with 1 written on each.

Prize: Wheelies!

Questions? Feel free to ask away!

-Ride_Op
    49 weeks until I start my entry then.
    Posted By: ride_op- Any video not featured in Roundup 200 will be eligible for our normal weekly roundups 151 and 152.

Do you mean roundup 150 instead of 200?
    ^ Probably 201 and 202.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

Yeah, didn't catch all the items to update on the first pass. Fixed.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

alright, time to finally get some work done
    https://gyazo.com/00d17608c1d221d874cb605ce154868b

No Promises (Yes i know its early, but knowing my release schedule it will be barely done by r200)
    ^ War of the World's! YES! Please, please use music from the "musical" (it sort of is, but sort of isn't), there's some great music on there.
    49 weeks. Time to get started. I have a few different projects that might be a good fit.
    • CommentAuthorA113

on it
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Time to start grinding on theme and story ideas, and get this thing going!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

Got some ideas.. think I might skip one or two projects in the pipeline to choose the coolest one I've got. A quad dueller seems unlikely at the moment, sorry :D not that I haven't got some ideas, but maybe its time for a break..
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

I've already started my project :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016

Quick question, can I have someone help me on the project, for example, I do the track work and everything, and my partner does the Scenery?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ yes, this was answered earlier :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Given it's just under a year away I might try preparing something for this! Time to start looking at ideas!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2016 edited

ok.
    Lets see if im able to get this video done for 2017.
    Otherwise it will be roundup 300 (im skipping 250, 350, 450...)

I wish, NL2 would export image sequences instead of video formats. That would make a lot of things much easier.

The preparation is already running for a few month now.
    And again, it will be something "out of the box".
    Just one hint: E3 2013 Thats all you get.
    (... yeah i never take this contest serious) :D
    But the next update with the sun shafts will really come in handy with this project. Was planing on rendering them seperatly, but now i dont have to ;)

Question:
    When i dont give you any information about the place, where i now live in, do i automaticly get place 11th to 20th? (even if i have to kick codemaster's project in the top 10 by force :P)
    I would be fine with it, because i dont really want something as a price. Im just joining for the fun.
    (Implying, that i actually get as far as this, of course)...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2016

For all you snoopers out there, here is a realistic list of possible themes for his project ;) ^
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

^
    Never said anything about "themes"
    I'll promise, you will be surprised.
    But you have one or two years to guess. Depending on how fast i get my hands on a blade-server/workstation setup.

... but the idea itself sounds interesting.
    Buy Nolimits 2 and get a fully working recreation of Assasins Creed...
    Does this count as "software-piracy"? -> Then every realistic rollercoaster recreation counts as patent piracy as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

^^ YES!! Always wanted to see a Farming Simulator 2013 themed coaster!

Seriously though, I wish everyone the best on their projects for next year. I want to try doing something that would get in but I highly doubt I'd actually manage it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Posted By: FüchschenI wish, NL2 would export image sequences instead of video formats
    Well it shouldn't be too hard to convert the video into a image sequence. ;-)

Since the rule changes prevent me from finishing and enhancing Galaxy Adventure as a RU 200 project I've mainly two basic new ideas and we'll see how these develope until then.
    Damn, I can't use Tonatiuh either. Oh well, I have a year to figure something out....
    Dying light themed launch coaster with run boy run as soundtrack
    I have an idea which I tried late mid last year, before scrapping it as Blender was too hard. I might resurrect that for R200 :) But I'm trying to get 3 projects out this year, so I might be pushing it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

Posted By: bestdaniWell it shouldn't be too hard to convert the video into a image sequence. ;-)

Yes, but it would be one convertation off the list.
    At least its possible to tell NL2 the exact framerate you want. Hopefully its accurate enough (1 video frame = 1 DAE animation frame).
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017

20 weeks to go. Have you started your coaster projects yet? Got your story ideas in mind?

Code, you can still relax for another 19 weeks as always to se11le into your traditional ranking.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017

15 weeks to go. Just checking to see where everyone is at. Deadline is December 3rd.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

Hi everyone! In case you haven't been following the count of Roundups, this week is Roundup 188. That means 12 weeks from today your Roundup 200 videos are due! How far along are you? Remember you can share screens of your work but no videos, animated GIFs, or other moving images.

(Code, you have plenty of time)

-Ride_Op
    I'm feeling pretty organised for R200 - almost have the entirety of my ride entry done, just a few little things felt to do. Still got a fair bit of the video work to do, though...
    I'm still trying to decide to enter or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2017 edited

The first two installments of our Roundup 200 evaluation guidelines have been posted to Facebook. Let us know if you have any questions.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2017

The final installment in our informative series on Roundup 200 judging is available here.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ Thanks for the update! Hope I can make it this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

just wondering (since tobi's taron recreation got in last year), if we choose to do a recreation for the roundup, do any of the judging categories change to accommodate that or would it be better to come up with something original? If they do change, how?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2017

Good question. None of the categories include originality, so recreating a real life coaster does not affect our judging process. The quality of the coaster refers to how well you recreated the experience, scenery for the surrounding area and what is seen from the ride, and presentation focuses on how well you show it to us.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2017

*suspiciously finishes a Nemesis recreation*

Nahhhh I doubt it'd be ready on time to make a good video. Plus half of it's been made by the rest of the VTO guys. :-P
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017

The entry form is now ready! You have 4 weeks from today to fill out the form linking to your UNLISTED video.

Codemaster, you have 3 weeks left until time to get started.

Official Entry Form

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017

Codemaster, you have 3 weeks left until time to get started.

*GahhhhtttttDAMN*
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017

Codemaster, two weeks left. Time to change ideas once again and get started on something new.

For everyone else, two weeks left to finish and submit your masterpieces!

Official Entry Form

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017

So soon? Damnn, this is going to be close xD
    • CommentAuthorBullero

^ Ikr, did they figure out time travel already? Because I could do with a couple more days
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ This is the point where some parts of the ride are like: "Yeah, a fence also works instead of a niced themed piece of land"
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Remember, it's about the video guys - don't obsess on things that will hardly be seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ I know, but at this point most of the work is in what IS visible haha
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017 edited

Like nSeven's song....

"When in doubt, tree that bitch up!"
    ^ Words to live by. Can confirm it has worked on multiple occasions, one being the last big roundup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2017

ONE WEEK WARNING! ONE WEEK WARNING!

Submit your entry here one week from today. Entries due by midnight pacific time.

Official Entry Form

Code, it's time to start your entry.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorRickPlays

Let's go Code!
    If you insist...

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo

FUUUUU, onride only! haha