Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017 edited

Introduction
    Hello all,
    I've been around the forums for a short while now, (early 2015 I stumbled across the site), mostly lurking, and making a few posts here and there. I've built a lot of things in NL2, most of them not serious, but none of them released as I feel they are not up to par. Then my computer started breaking down (it’s old), and I picked up FVD++. I’ve figured out the basics of FVD but I’m not great. This is probably like the 30th thing I’ve made in FVD and I think it came out pretty well. However, I realised recently if I want to improve, one of the easiest ways is to get feedback, so here’s my first ride.

First (almost) Completed Ride
    The idea was to simply make a loosely intamin inspired coaster through the woods to mess with the new foliage and build something in the new lighting engine.

Uninverting loop and ejector tophat

Overbank and tophat

Tophat (again)

Another overbank

A quick pop of airtime

Finally, the view from the mini plaza

The ride itself is done, along with the scenery, however a few minor tweaks need to be made before release.

Credits
    Thanks to Code for the trains, SixFlagsManiac for the env, and the Devs for this amazing engine.

Conclusion
    What do you guys think so far? Criticism is appreciated. Release should be soon.
    Well its 17 million times better than anything i could do in fvd so well done for that lol. Im assuming none of the supports have had the flanges added yet, the actual supports themselves look alright. Layout wise i like the look of that ejector top hat thing. The shaping looks decent from what i can see. My only issue is that the roll at the top of the non inverting loop looks too stretched out, although its hard to tell without a full side on view, the fov might be warping it. The scenery and terrain interaction looks nice, i love rides built in forests, gives a good sense of speed and provides plenty of near misses.

Quick tip for supports, if you use the giga box prefabs, atomise them and turn them into pipes, then you can get perfect straight track connectors with the flange in the middle, much faster than lining the beam up by hand, which it looks like you have done.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^Thanks for the tip.

Meanwhile, I have gone through and added flanges. I've also messed with a night environment and a train light

Edit: Flange in this (above) picture has been noted and fixed.

The layout for those who are interested

Opinions? Again, criticism is appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017

I think your loop is a little flat, but other than that this looks okay.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Well I know this something that you probably don't want to hear this point, but your launch looks a bit too small. I mean even if it were to directly launch out of the station, it doesn't seem like it would long enough. Not to mention if it doesn't make the launch, it doesn't look like there's a set of brakes from stopping it to come crashing back into the station. I think this is a fairly simply fix as the ending looks kind of terrible and could be easily pushed back a bit. I would straighten out the brakes and move it back for a more realistic launch.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^^&^The track was done in FVD so it's not the easiest thing to change. ^However the launch is 1.3 G's and it hits top speed about 15m before the end. As far as the brakes, the track uses LSMs like Cheetah Hunt which I assume are powerful enough to stop the train in case of a roll back.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Well yea, I assumed it wasn't something you wouldn't want to fix. I just feel like its launching too fast for such a small piece of launch track. I couldn't tell what kind of launch from the picture. It might work stopping it I guess.
    Hmmm why does that look similar xD ( Ferrari 232 that ride was not good btw )
    I like that layout allot :D
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2017

Release
    I've finally finished up the small details and it is ready for release.

I know it is an old picture but I really like it

Download on Drive
    here

Comments/Ratings are appreciated as I would like to improve.