Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017

Am i the only one who thinks of a slot car track when i see these new pics? Especially the overhead shot.. I like the bridge made out of supports.
    Looking good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017 edited

That's the whole basic concept of this type of attraction, to look like slot car track.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

The exterior looks great so far! There is a lot of potential to wrap the queue around the outside area of the ride, providing guests in the queue with some excellent views of the ride. Can't wait to see this evolve!

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017

Jaw dropping awesome .

Wow much progress has been made since last update.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017 edited

Hiatus

Hey everyone, long time no talk. Due to classes, moving, and everything else life has thrown at me lately, I haven't had much time at all for free time projects like Cherry Bomb. I still try and work on it whenever I can, even though it's usually just for a few minutes here and there in between classes or something. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like things are going to get any less busy anytime soon, so don't expect progress to speed up in the coming months. But with all that said, let's check out the progress.

Update

First off, and most notably, we now have completed ride vehicles, thanks to TheCodeMaster!

And get this, they even have properly turning wheels!

Video here: https://i.gyazo.com/5866e1468262d50ee57596193de0265a.mp4

Keep in mind they're supposed to be beaters, donated to the high school's computer science department. Now, the CS students have implemented self-driving technology into the cars, and are holding an open house at the school so the general public can come check it out. That's the basis for the ride itself.

Zooming out a little bit, we can take a look at the first half of the exterior facade, themed to a seaside harbor. You can see that while most of the basic geometry is finished, I still have to add more details to the facades of the buildings such as signage, windows, and air vents.

Wait, is that a flame thrower?

It is!

As some of you may remember, in the early stages of the ride, I wasn't sure how I was going to display the climax of the ride to the riders, so I decided it would be best to have practical effects instead of watching to projected characters fight. Basically, the villain has planted a few detonation charges around the city, and while riders will have defused two of the detonations at an earlier period in the ride, they missed two of them, one of which is visible in the pictures above.

Wrap-Up

Next on the to-do list is the other half of the exterior, which will be the high school where riders will enter the queue. I envision the queue entering through the gym/locker rooms, and then entering a preshow room inside one of the classrooms. Here, a video (made by the students) will welcome riders to the open house, and explain where their self-driving car tour will take them.

Until next time, my friends! What do you like? What do you hate? What changes can I make?
    ^ WOW.
    Do the car doors open, and will the cars actually be rideable (with a seat camera)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017

This is shaping up really great!

About the cars, that is definitely an interesting take. Why not, that's original, but I think you should add details to clearly show that CS students have implemented the self-driving technology. I don't know, like a crooked handcrafted antenna on the back, or a funky "path-finder" made with wire fingers on the front. At the moment it's a little bit too serious for the general tone of the ride. I know it's still work in progress, and Code did a tremendous job!

Practical effects are awesome. Althought it's a bit weird that this one, the flame-thrower, will be visible from offride... going off every 30 seconds. It's a bit spoiled for a climax.
    Otherwise, the flame-thrower is nice - yet it doesn't really picture an explosion (or it's quite the lazy way to do it #sixflags). I think having a slightly more elaborate effect would be neat. Nothing really complicated, but maybe three flame-throwers (a downscaled version of that) and a water blast from the rear of the boat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017

Looks great! The only things I would like Patrick to add are faux door handles, hood, trunk, and perhaps a bumper or door sticker in addition to King's suggestion to suggest it being owned by the school. And I would also suggest changing the road/concrete textures to be slightly more realistic. Keep up the progress as well as you can!
    Brilliant work thus far. Im glad you're continuing this project. While the story is a little haphazard, the environments youve created are very well done and exciting. Definitely a lot of work and time put into it and it shows. The exterior is fairly well executed especially the far right hand side with the bridge and lighthouse. A lot of exciting visual elements packed together but not overdone in anyway. You have your visual beats in place that draw guests attention from left to right starting with the main facade structure, then the boat and flame effect, then the bridge and lastly the lighthouse.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTime4 days ago

That body of water totally needs a shark in it.
    Other than that, everything's looking really good.