Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2017 edited

So I've been working on a vekoma looping coaster. So far I've got the layout done (could still play with it a bit but not too much). I also gave trenches and support scenery a shot. It's not really much, and it still has a ways to go, but I think it looks good so far.

Thoughts?
    Layout is excellent, the brakes do seem a bit to spread out compared to what i think Vekoma did with their concept rides and also Formula 1 at Energylandia. Awnings a bit too repetitive though.
    • CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2017

^ Thanks for the input. Can you elaborate on the brakes being too spread out? I do agree that the awnings are a bit repetitive. Might get rid of the ones after the drop, before the airtime hill, and the one right before the brakes.
    http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/12017692_1673615686258012_4882599435658892101_o.jpg The brake runs on the official Vekoma render are lower and don't use transfer table
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2017 edited

• CommentAuthorPear
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2017

Vekoma doesn't use transfer tables they use switches.

• CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

So I've modified the layout so that the brake run is a bit closer to the station, changed the transfer track to a switch, and modified the queue line to accommodate the new finale (I still have to play around a bit with the queue so that supports won't interfere, which is why I have a few prefabs placed.) I've also removed three of the awnings.
    Much better decision with the brake run and the track switch. It definitely is looking a lot better! good job
    • CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

Thanks! I've been really playing with the queue. Long story short, terrain painting sucks...
    if you want to get the track a little more realistic you could make the current track invisible and overlay some vekoma motorbike track, i think that's almost the same as the track currently used by them on the newer gen launches.
    ^^ There should a gantry/catwalk just before the switch track, on the switch track and on the storage track.
    • CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2017

Alright. So now the track is more vekoma-y (had to play with the heartline of the vekoma track but it wasn't too bad). I also have been working on the queue some more so that's cool too.

Some action shots because why not:

And perhaps my favorite moment on the entire ride. If the timing's just right...

Okay, so the timing isn't perfect, but seriously, I actually love the potential for interaction here.