Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjongscx
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

I have a fairly low priority project I want to have done on the NL2 platform. It will involve NL2 scripting, getting train and scenery data out of NL2 into another windows program (http://www.advancedhmi.com/) to create a control panel to get indicator lights then using buttons to trigger track events in-game. I think that other program uses C++ style programming through Visual Studio, so that experience would be helpful.

I'm looking to spend about $50. Is anyone interested? I've never solicited for a programmer before, is this an insultingly low offer? Is my scope too large and vague?

Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

Does this "other windows program" already exist or asking you for someone who should develop said "other windows program". If it's the lateter, $50 will probably be quite a low offer...

If you could elaborate more on what exactly you're looking for, I think you'll get a better chance of finding someone.

Greetings,
    Lenny
    • CommentAuthorjongscx
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017 edited

@Lenny
    The "Other Windows program" is called Advanced HMI, which allows you to create custom HMI (human-machine interface) screens like they would have on industrial control panels. I put in the website, but maybe it's not displaying www.advancedHMI.com.

I want someone to create the bridge between what is happening inside NL2, push it out somehow (this is what I need help on) then pull it into the AdvancedHMI.

The End goal for this would be to have NL2 running on one screen and AdvancedHMI running on another (ultimately, maybe even on a different device) and being able to see things happening (train is over trigger point, Lift block is occupied, etc) in game turn indicators on and off on the HMI.
    Then, by clicking on buttons on the HMI trigger events to happen in game.

I'm currently more experienced on the industrial, so I'm approaching this from the HMI side. But, if I can get a reliable stream of data in some format coming from the game, I could link those to the buttons they need.
    Not the person to do it, but that is an extremely low price for what you're asking. I doubt anyone would put a few days (or more) into this for only $50. Honestly it would probably take a couple or so weeks to do, someone would need to familiarize themselves with the advanced hmi's api, work on the functionality to connect NL2 to it, test it, etc, etc. NL2 already has a good control panel with a gui on it so it'd sort of be like replicating that which again would take time. Also would the person doing the work have to buy the advance hmi software or are they provided with it? If not that's obviously just not worth it

I've never solicited for a programmer before, is this an insultingly low offer? Is my scope too large and vague?
    Pretty much, developing things takes lots and lots of time...
    What would be sweet is an update to NL that made the control panel a separate window.
    • CommentAuthorjongscx
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2017

Ok, thank you for the comments. Looks like I need to rethink my problems and find another solution.
    • CommentAuthormem
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017

>What would be sweet is an update to NL that made the control panel a separate window.
    +1

Having the ride control panel a separate window would be a huge benefit for anyone that needs full ride control from an external panel. Although most ride control functions are available via telemetry, there currently does not seem to be any way to reset a ride from external software. A separate window would allow mouse clicks to trigger that buttons location without it overlaying the coaster window. Running a coaster in VR and seeing the control panel floating in space off to the side somewhat spoils the effect.