Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpezpunk
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017

hey guys, trying to build my first suspended coaster. the track looks new, but the train body and wheel assembly mechanisms all look like they are about to collapse from rust and decay. am i missing a setting somewhere, or is this just the only option?

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Those parts are baked into the textures as that's how they looked in the source photos we had to work from. Call it well weathered.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorpezpunk

aw crap. playing around with this more, it appears to be a very annoying bug:

if i change any coaster "worn type" to rusted, it is impossible to change it back. two of my coasters are now "rusted" and i can't un-rust them. :(

the track and catwalks change back to new correctly, but the train stays rusted regardless of setting. anyone experienced this before or know of a workaround to get the trains back to "new"? i'm on 2.5.0.5, by the way.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I love rusted trains and rusted jet coasters! So it is fine with me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017 edited

"Worn type" only applies to the track and supports and does not change the appearance of any of the trains. Any and all wear/dirt on the train is always there and never changed. Not a bug.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017 edited

I like it personally. Gives it a bit of atmosphere.
    • CommentAuthorpezpunk

yeah, my bad. the trains just all look really rusty and worn when they are black. i guess i never noticed. sorry for the errant bug report!