Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2017 edited

I have made a huge mistake at the last drop. The drop from yesterday was 67 degrees steep but the real drop is 53 degrees steep. Today i fixed that.

After that i checked with some prototypes if everything fits. These Parts of the track are not the final ones. They only help me to check the proportions.

I assume you have plans to make all the scenery in the long run? This might be my favorite log flume in existence. It would be so cool to see it recreated in NL2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017

Today I have started the work at the first Lift. There are missing entry and exit and some Details. I try to finish it tomorrow.

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2017 edited

While modelling the Lift I found a lot of mistakes in the Layout. Because of that I created a new Layout and modelled the Lift again.

•  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2017

That's looking great, good luck with this. Can't wait to see how the Disco room turns out.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2017

Looks good Tobi. On your way to make it as awesome as the real deal!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2017

Look good Tobi, but i spotted some miss allignment :

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi

Maybe the Discoroom should be your task, @Projection :D

Yes MrRC after I wrote it, I saw it too. I will fix it today.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ Tobi :

Very nice u doing this, can't wait to see it when its finished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Thanks!

One more time I had to change some parts at the Layout. Furthermore I modelled the second and third Lft.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

"Don't talk to me or my son(s) ever again" xD

Man this is exciting to see progress, keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017

Thank you! :D

With the three fundamentally modeled drops, the rough modeling work is completed. Now I'm modeling the little things and details which take more time.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

How do you create the layout to have that many vertices? (very first pic of the topic)

Anyway, that's a difficult task to recreate this compact and highly themed log flume, but as always, you seem to know what you're doing! So keep it up and thanks for sharing the progress over here. ;)
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

That's how coasters are imported from FVD++.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi

@KingRCT3 As Bigbad said, I did import it from FVD with 0,4m between the vertices. First 0,2m but that wasn't good :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017

The final splash are looks a bit small... I feel like in real life it's longer, but looks pretty great so far :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2017 edited

i think it only seems so because of the perspektive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2017

Very detailed, I love what you do, it's awsome
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017

At the last days i fixed some problems and i did add all of the brakes. Futhermore the last Splashzone is four meters longer and the second switch moves one meter fewer.

• CommentAuthorMrRC

Wow, i love all the details. Do u make this in Google Sketchup ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi

I do the most things with Google SketchUp but I have modelled the channel with blender to get a perfect gradient of the channel.
    Man that looks stunning as hell <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

This important component should not be missing! Until now, the interior had priority. The exterior is only roughly modeled and will still change.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

That looks fantastic so far, I really love the details especially in the restraint mechanism
    Really impressive work! Your models seem to be well built. Definitely excited to see this develop further.
    I'm not experienced in 3D modeling, so all I can say is this all looks incredible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

I am a little bit busy at the moment but I have something new that I can show you.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

Are those placeholders for more mechanical parts or water flow? It looks awesome as usual!
    ^No they are actual parts of metal catwalks, they are right before every lift :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2017 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017

Chiapas has two types of frictionwhels. Yesterday i modelled one type and today the other one and i did put them to thier places. Also the transfertracks did get more Details.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Looking fantastic as always, the details are incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi

Thank you!
    • CommentAuthorBullero

Chiapas is perhaps one of the best water rides ever created. And looking at the level of detail, this will be the best water ride ever recreated ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2017

Thank you Bullero but I have bad news.

Today i found a big mistake at the layout of chiapas. There is a point at the layout where the hight differs one meter to the real. first of all i will stop working on chiapas because i have to think about it how i can solve the problem. maybe i have to start from the beginning.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Oh, that sucks... Hopefully you'll be able to fix it without starting from scratch. Btw, what references are you using for the layout?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi

I used height disclosures and a Top-Down-View from Google Earth. Also I used many construction pictures and own made Pictures (and a lot of experience) :D
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

One meter isn't that much, are you sure it's worth redoing the entire ride for? Hopefully you can find a fix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2017 edited

Between the two Rails should be 3 meters difference. The problem is that the ways through the area should fit into it. As I said I have to think about that problem.

• CommentAuthorDelay

^If he's going for accuracy, one meter is a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

Especially for Chiapas, 1m of height difference is a lot. It's not only for high accuracy, because it's always a big difference if you have 2m for a boat to pass underneath the track or 3m.
    Maybe you can adjust the height of some of the other tracksections, because otherwise it would mess up the whole model, I think.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2017

1 meter is abt 3 feet for users outside Europe.