Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017 edited

--------------------------------------------BREAKING NEWS SEPTEMBER 2003----------------------------------------------------------
    Newspaper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to the news article:

"...there seems to be lots of activity on a plot of land just two miles away from the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center outside of Los Angeles. This plot of land is appears to be the site of the construction of a new roller coaster type attraction. No information has yet been disclosed regarding the plans of the site. Speculation states that the ride is the first project of a larger upcoming tourist space center...."

I was able to find a slightly higher resolution version of the photograph from the news article:
    PrintImage
    I also found a more recent picture of what appears to be the ride being topped off, more recently taken off of a back road near the site:
    poster-2017-03-31-19-14-34
    Thats all I have for now, if any new information or photos come in I will be posting it! Stay Tuned! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017

And the suspense begins... I like it.
    Just in.. another shot of the completed tower taken from a nearby road:
    This is so perfect so far, I'm interested
    ^Yayy :D
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

The custom track looks really nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Looks phenominal so far, can't wait to see more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017 edited

That's the emptiest construction site I've ever seen.

(Aside from the flawless custom track, your image editing skill is very good, I love the fake chromatic aberration)
    ^Haha it is indeed very strange that the crane was cleared out so quickly :P

The chromatic abberation is built in to NL2 btw!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Not to that extent, is it?
    • CommentAuthorRCW
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2017

This looks absolutely unreal, can't wait to see more progress of this.
    I too am intrigued. Thought that was a real photo at first glance!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017

Awesome presentation. Can't wait for the next spy shots.

Is that a maintenance platform I see in the third pic? I think that's my favorite part. All about the details Mr. Sloane.
    Looking really good so far. I always wished S&S had explored the thrust air series more than they did.
    How do you do the image effects in NL?
    Very intriguing to see S&S go back to the old track style, i hope the launch is extremely forceful.
    Some more pics have recently been leaked, taken from the nearby branch memorial park and connecting roads:

• CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

That looks awesome!
    • CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

How do you do the custom tracks?

^I use an importing script for blender, then model the track shape and array it with a curve modifier.
    • CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

^ Do you need the Pro version to export track spline? How else does it go from NL2 into Blender? I only have standard.

Staff edit: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. You can use ^ instead. Thanks!