Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016

In Flames - The Truth - not bad in my opinion. \m/
    Do you by any chance have tickets to see avenged sevenfold,disturbed and in flames in January next year?

In flames remind me of bvb so much it is unreal xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

You got that from Chase's Pioneer vid, didn't you? Great song IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016 edited

^no, it's just a fantastic song by a fantastic artist.
    edit: can I have the link to the video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCG Coasters
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016 edited

Hehe, here it is.

In a similar style of music, Glass Animals just released a new album and it's amazing. Highlights include "The Other Side of Paradise" and "Take a Slice"
    Goukisan - Betrayal of Fear
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

Not sure where to ask this, but it probably makes the most sense here.

What are some good rock songs that have a short adrenaline pumping intro and then a epic section that would sound great for a launch track? You guys know better than me :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

^ Most Symphonic rock/metal bands should have something a long the lines of what you're looking for. This one is a little out of left field as it's a rather lesser known japanese artist, but I assume it's along the right lines. Video

-----

Gojira - Flying Whales
    Really gotten into Gojira lately, especially the From Mars To Sirius album. I'm really hoping they come to Spain on the next EU tour.
    ^^Well, since I primarily listen to Symphonic Metal, here's two songs that may work:

Il Cigno Nero

And Then There Was Silence
    This will work.

Down with the sickness-Disturbed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wA5NmQESx8
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

@ Projektion: great to see another Gojira fan around here, this band definitely belongs to my favourite bands. "From Mars to Sirius" is along with "The Way of All Flesh" my favourite Album as well, maybe I even prefer the latter over From Mars. I'm just really disappointed by their latest output "Magma", it lacks so much I used to like about their music.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2016

Not a song but an album by La Roux, funnily enough named La Roux. Honestly it's so good and I remember being young and listening to this on repeat and arghh it's amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2016

•  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2016

Mateo Pascual - Breaking the System

This song's stuck in my head since I got up today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2016

Prismo - Heathens (twenty one pilots Cover)

I'm absolutely in love with this cover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2016 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorJack
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2016

Alestorm - Drink because who doesn't love pirate metal and songs about alcohol?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2016

• CommentAuthorDelay

^What. Did I. Just watch?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Genus Ordinis Dei - Word Of God

Checked these out case they were announced to be touring with Lacuna Coil in November and they're incredible. If I'm honest, I'm probably more excited for these now than Lacuna Coil.
    Sorry for the bump but this is too beautiful to go unshared: John Petrucci-Glasgow kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXvfBL4WkU
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016 edited

SEVDALIZA - THAT OTHER GIRL

I am so incredibly glad I found her.
    I post in this thread a lot but I find some songs that I have to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2LfgczASvc

Avenged sevenfold-Danger line

So much emotion and feel put into this masterpiece
    (Listen from 3:17 as this has so much heart put into it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016

Mick Gordon - At Doom's Gate

So, I just found out the Doom 2016 OST got released and I've been listening to it almost all day. Good god is this game just perfect.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016

The new Avenged Sevenfold album. Favorite songs so far are The Stage, Paradigm, Roman Sky, and Exist.
    Yesss someone who likes a7x, I personally wasnt a fan of the stage but it grew on me, Brian has grown massively as a player and once again shown how versatile he can be. Brooks is a monster and his drum work throughout the entire album is really heavy. Matt has written some great lyrics and his voice continues to be powerful and have that growl that makes his singing so recognisable. Overall it is a departure from their usual style but one that is good for the band.

Creating god is pretty good to, its a strange one but not in a bad way.

Live this album will be great and i cant wait for January! (Anyone else going?)
    Tove Lo - What I Want For The Night (Bitches)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016

am i the only one listening to something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJE1_Jm6gtw
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016

Posted By: DiamondBayonetYesss someone who likes a7x, I personally wasnt a fan of the stage but it grew on me, Brian has grown massively as a player and once again shown how versatile he can be. Brooks is a monster and his drum work throughout the entire album is really heavy. Matt has written some great lyrics and his voice continues to be powerful and have that growl that makes his singing so recognisable. Overall it is a departure from their usual style but one that is good for the band.

Creating god is pretty good to, its a strange one but not in a bad way.

Live this album will be great and i cant wait for January! (Anyone else going?)

I had actually just seen them about a week before they released their single "The Stage" and was kinda sad they hadn't previewed it live. Definitely looking forward to the next tour though.
    ^ what can I expect from them live because they kinda seem to lack the energy they did when rev was alive?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2016 edited

A live version of Skyrim's Dragonborn in a (German) Twitch livestream. :O
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2016

^^They're a pretty good band live, not my favourite, but they are good. They have good crowd interaction and a good stage show (as long as they don't skimp out like the 2013 tour). Just enjoy yourself.
    On the Wings from the Heide Park Resort CD by IMAscore. I think it might be my favourite track on the entire thing, it's got some good bass (the speaker in the queue do it justice definitely, unlike my headphones) and is along with Haunted Village as some of the best pieces us on Flug Der Daemonen.

I can't really link it as there is no version on the Internet and I don't want a copyright strike from IMA, so I can't upload it myself :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

• CommentAuthormrfeeny

Posted By: DiamondBayonet^ what can I expect from them live because they kinda seem to lack the energy they did when rev was alive?

I've seen them twice now and they are pretty awesome live, They have mentioned that this next tour is supposed to have an awesome Stage. They have plenty of energy live and sound really good. The only issue I had with the last show I saw was that the vocal volume seemed a little low compared to everything else. of the two my favorite was the first show of theirs that I saw, the "Nightmare after Christmas Tour" the stage was awesome with a whole cemetery theme, and they had a guy jump from the rafters and "hang" himself during the intro to Nightmare to start the show. It was pretty crazy!
    Thanks, another question, Im seated in the top tier of the venue pretty far back, do they have screens so you can see what's going on on the stage?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2016

^I know when bands tour the US they typically use screens, but not usually in the EU. If the 2013 tour is anything to go by, then no.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2016

They did have a giant screen on this last show I went to.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016 edited

Lately I have been listening to some of the songs that were used in roundup 100 projects, like:

Memories that you call - ODESZA ft Monsoonsiren (As used in Mr. Magnussen's Magnificent Flying Machine)
    Twist and Shout - The Pitcher (As used in Frisson)
    Life - E-type (As used in Cartoon - Life // Thanks F├╝chschen, that song is stuck in my head right now)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016

^Memories that you call is such a goddamn beautiful song, just like any other from ODESZA. Have you given 'Say My Name' a listen from them? It's sooo catchy.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Hazey Eyes - Our Story

Aaaand after yesterday this is something I relate to heavily...
    A Tribe Called Quest - The Space Program

Finally got around to listening to the whole album and its A+
    Anyone else here a jazz fan? This version of "Yesterdays" by the UNT One O'Clock Jazz Lab Band featuring Brian Clancy on tenor is absolutely incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ I am a huge jazz fan. It's good to know I'm not alone. Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band is one of my favorite groups.
    I love jazz, I would highly recommend listening to The Epic by Kamasi Washington if you haven't, it's a GREAT 3 hour jazz record split into 3 parts.

Kamasi Washington - Malcolm's Theme
    The Epic is a personal favorite of mine. In fact, I just listened to Re Run Home, which is an awesome chart that really jams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2017 edited

May jazz fusion never die.

Havona - Weather Report
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2017 edited

SEVDALIZA - ISON

Sevdaliza was one of my favourite musical artists before, for her creativity and unique style, but now ISON is released as her debut album and w o w.
    There is so much emotion and power in every song - easily one of my favourite albums of all time.