Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hey guys!

Here's another project that probably wont be finished due to not being able to theme it, but I've been working on this system for robo-coasters within nolimits 2!

As you can see, they are fully functional, and even work with screens!

I'm not sure what I will theme it to, but I am open to any and all ideas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2017

Doctor Who or some other science fiction IP, such as Star Wars or Star Trek with plenty of source material ready to be used!
    But Doctor Who works best for the ride system as you could imagine, with physical sets of things going on and that rotating screen section used as a time vortex transition with shaky movement and such.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

A time machine type thing would be awesome, like a 'Dinosaur' ride on steroids.

Looks outstanding though, I already saw from what you personally sent me but I'm in love haha
    Rick and Morty
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

^
    ^^
    ^^^
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

It'd be interesting to see a Harry Potter ride using this system
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

The screen script is that complicated ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

^^ Flying benches magically enchanted? Flying through a Quidditch match and facing dementors and a dragon? Nah, that would never work.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

Wait a minute... I love that idea!
    • CommentAuthorBullero

Awesome work Code!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Oh my... Wow.

Please find someone to do some fine theming! I would be a shame all this hard work for nothing!

Maybe you already saw that, but here's the patent of the screen carousel, if you want to detail your model.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2017 edited

^I volunteer If I can find the time
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

The more and more I think of Forbidden Journey's screen carousel the more and more it reminds me of the OG Journey Into Imagination's Dreamflight scene.
    Extremely impressive work. I can't even begin to imagine the scripting work that's gone into this. I'm extremely impressed. Great models and fluid movements so far. You have access to an array of impressive designers on the forums here who I'm sure would love to help out in creating an attraction around this. Utilize your resources to bring this project to fruition. Great stuff!
    Thanks for all the suggestions and compliemnts!

I've decided to go with a Doctor Who theme, as there's a lot you can do with it, I made a start with theming part of it, I'm still open to any and all ideas about it.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2017

Don't forget to build up a small roof over the cabin as well as walls to separate each seat, it's pretty crucial to make sure people don't catch any BTS stuff when onride (I would assume).

Looks fantastic so far though, can't wait to see how it comes together in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

In fact, the roof and enclosure for each seat should really be themed so every rider is in their own tardis.

-Ride_Op

^^One thing Patrick has going for him is that he doesn't have a budget, so he can extend his theming into areas that Forbidden Journey cannot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Still, sightlines are important. Look at the last image, you don't want guests to see the other vehicle or it'll kill the illusion of being on a flying bench (or whatever). Plus, it's not a budget question that you got to have the evacuation plateform (almost?) all around the track.
    On the real ride, sightlines are carefully managed I found. You can see stuffs if you lean foreward and look around of course, but if you stay properly seated like I did on my first lap, it's almost flawless. Even the roof is far away so you can't really notice it.
    Anyway, it looks like Patrick already have the walls and roof. Ride_op idea's with Tardis is wonderful, tho!

By the way Patrick, you are definitely able to theme it!

You will only be a true hero if you figure out how to do squinching, tho.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Hey that looks very well done so far, I also like your theming idea!
    @MrCrolly I'm working on minimising any BTS stuff that is visible, but even forbidden journey fails at this lol.

@ride_op that gives me a few ideas...

@KingRCT3 Thanks! I will keep trying to keep the sightlines in check, at the moment if you dont turn your head a ton there's no breakage.

I've also been working on sensors, since this can't use track triggers. These aren't just for looks, and do serve a real purpose.

(sorry if video dosen't work, previewing is broken)
    video link
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

I cannot w8 to oper8
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

There is one thing I hate in theme park dark-rides, it's flashing lights with a constant flickering, lol. It's so tacky and unatural. But this is a placeholder, right? RIGHT?
    Maybe you can even play with multiple (rotating?) sources of flash and have fun with shadows.

Anyway the trigger is great!
    I don't remember, but are there obnoxious red EXIT signs in sight in Forbidden Journey? I blatantly remember one in Men in Black, haha.
    https://gyazo.com/2eb793a5c437191b7ee2d967ac2c6e23

(Click for High Framerate)

More screen progress, the video now starts when the train passes the sensor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

Wow, how did you get the image to be distorded correctly in the dome?

(but squinching tho)
    • CommentAuthoriCoaster44

As a whovian, I already love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Again, cool progress!

Any details about the techniques used for this already? I would be interested in if it is keyframed animation or scripted animations and movements or a combination of both?
    Seriously incredible stuff here. I envy your scripting capabilities as this is some very high quality, professional level work. If you could ever provide some insight into anything and everything you do that would be amazing. I'll be following this closely.
    So the Doctor Who theme didn't work out, unfortunately. I couldn't really think of a good story for how it worked, so I decided to partially rip-off a ride that exists, but change the theme around so it isn't exactly the same, So here I give you...

EDIT: to give credit where credit is due, Thanks to NickPlummer4 for helping out with the story.

So now it's themed to an abandoned tourist destination, the Mystic Caverns.

I have made a custom animation for the screens using Unreal Engine for the best quality!

Hopefully this will be better than the ACTUAL shed.

Also it has movey wovey platforms in the station.

Moar updates soonish.

EDIT: I will make a video showing how it works soon-ish also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2017

Dis is so cool I am obsessed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Before it gets too much more hemmed in, I think the load station should be about twice as long. There needs to be a ton of time to let riders sit down, pull down restraints, and have everything checked way before hitting the end of the conveyor belt. Looking at the real FB ride and as a former ride operator, there isn't enough time to load people right now.

-Ride_Op
    Yeah, I realized that a little too late. I'm thinking about perhaps getting it to slowing down so it people would have more time, because changing the length of it would take astronomical effort to do, as so many parts of this ride rely on the track length being what it is.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Looks like you definitely have enough space between cars to slow them down a bit
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2017

Also, you could fit a car in between each car you currently have, if you look at FJ.
    What's the whole backstory for the ride? Or are you waiting until release for that..
    ^DON'T. GO IN. THE CAVERN.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2017

#WhatsInTheCavern

Hopefully some cheesy 80s pop.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2017

Amazing work, as always!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2017

Do you think you'll make animatronics, Code?
    ^ Not sure, I guess we will have to see ;)

^^ Thank you!

^^^ It won't be 80s pop. but it will pop :D

^^^^^ You'll just have to wait >:D

^^^^^^ & ^^^^^^^ Will try to do that. It's a lot harder than it looks

Here's a little teaser I put together today:

no thanks i'm good

just kidding, it's not too bad!
    Your ride is waiting...

• CommentAuthorMikey714
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017

When this gets released will we be able to download and ride it?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

That might take abt 1 month.
    • CommentAuthorMikey714

The ride itself or getting it to be downloadable? Also it is looking great, reminds me of the Forbidden Journey.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Its saying "Coming May 2017"
    • CommentAuthorMikey714

I'm excited for it
    • CommentAuthorMikey714
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

is it almost done?