Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017

I make them this way. I use a custom track to make a custom tube support spline and then rotate the track around the 1 foot heartline in 5 degree increments till I have the slide bed i want.

It takes 72 imported coaster support tube splines to make up a whole tube.

It takes 36 coaster tracks imported to make a half open slide bed.

Can you use the pro version to import a spline and then make a custom 3ds tube to follow it?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

There definitely isn't a better way, unfortunately. Looks like you'll have to keep using this technique if you want more waterslides.
    You don't have the time to learn how to use sketchup to make slides (it's super easy because of the "follow me" function), but you do have time to make one single slide using 694 tracks?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017 edited

The easiest solution is to 3d model it. I think that even I'd be able to do it, so it just has to be incredibly simple.
    You can then even add your own textures, a neat advantage.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you import a NL2 pro Spline into sketchup and use the follow me tool to make a tube?
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017 edited

That would be the easiest way. If sketchup could import .CSV data - It can't sadly.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017 edited

How does TIMxVDxSTEEN make his water slides? With taking the time to rotate hundreds and hundreds of track roll nodes 5 degrees each?

I will have rotated 1,944 roll nodes 5 degrees each by the time i finish just the tube slide.

I already rotated 1,080 roll nodes 5 degrees each for the open blue slide.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017 edited

No, he made a spline in either blender or sketchup and built a tube that conforms around it.

In Sketchup, you'd have to use the Follow Me tool.

In Blender, you'd have to make a curve, set it to the spline, then make an array and add more pieces until it finishes your track shape.

*I said this really vaguely, tutorials on youtube help a lot.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017

I will have rotated 3,024 roll nodes e degrees when i finish the two slides.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

The problem he will have is creating splines in Sketchup is really awkward. You can't really have them smooth. If he's going to learn a 3D program from scratch he may as well learn blender.
    Use the light pattern creator make a small model import it into sketch up and then use the follow me tool.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I will then just stick to my way of making the slides for now. Unless someone can make a water slide 3ds kit that you piece together. But how do you make a wooden coaster track with one single 2 seater car to use for the on ride camera?
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

Damn it, Togo. Now you're just trolling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

You could make a super thin light pattern object (whatever texture) convert the .lwo into a .dae object and import it into sketchup, an then use the follow me tool to make a convincing slide.