Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2017

Hello all,

I recently took a closer look to the built-in telemetry server No Limits 2 provide and the example Java class. In the class, there's some requests and responses, each assigned a number. For example a request N_MSG_GET_STATION_STATE (14) with a response of N_MSG_STATION_STATE (15).

The current functions are okay-ish to make a small control panel in a Java application for example. It got me wondering if it was possible to send custom requests and receive custom responses from the NL2 server? For example if a trigger is hit by a train, send x response to the telemetry client which in turn does something with the control panel (execute a Java method for example). Or the other way around: a button on the telemetry client control panel which activates a method in the NL2 coaster's script to do something.

It would be really great if this was possible (or will be in the near future), it would make custom actions even cooler and better applicable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2017 edited

I've never seen that in the docs and I think (99.99%) it's currently not possible to send/receive custom requests with the telemetry server.
    Interactions with the server can not be made inside the simulation, meaning that there is no interaction between the telemetry server and scripts.

Also, it's not possible to execute any write functions, probably for security reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2017

Thank you for the response. Hopefully it will be possible in the future, because it will add so much great features.