Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Earth, 2077. 60 years ago, Earth was attacked. We won the war, but they destroyed half the planet. Everyone's been evacuated. Nothing human remains.

The towns, cities, oceans, destroyed. Hydro rigs take the place of ferries and buoys, working to turn the water into fusion energy. Little is left of civilization...

Oblivion

Earth is a memory worth fighting for.

Stats:
    1359 meters of track
    50 meter height difference
    103 kilometers per hour
    3.62 times the force of gravity
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017 edited

delet.

On a more serious note, can we see the full layout? The story is pretty intriguing (despite a roller coaster being made on a planet without humans), and it'd be easier to give you feedback if you show a little bit more than just the few finished areas.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

Daily reminder to be more mindful on the internet...

On Topic: Would be nice to see the whole layout @TheFlyerMan
    Personally I would suggest compacting the layout a little more and increasing the radius of that final turn because that looks ridiculously tight and everything else looks ridiculously spread out and meandering
    That final turn is taken at 8mph. I think it'll be fine.

I also would like to point out that no flyer, on the 'normal' sections (excluding corkscrews) ever exceed 3 sustained G's. I'm literally brushing that limit with Oblivion (hence the small trim brake you can see on the first turnaround)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I don't think he said that because of the speed, it just looks too tight for a B&M flyer to navigate, real life counterparts have much wider turns in this regard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

I also think it could be too tight for that train. For a flyer with much nature around it, I think the layout is the right balance between area it takes and leaving space for some trees and hills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Just to toss in my two cents, I'd either get rid of, or move the trim. Right now it's in a spot that wouldn't really work in the real world. Otherwise, the colors look pretty good.
    I don't want to push the normal flying parts into the yellow area just based off of advice from Coasterguy246, as he had said that flyers in the normal position don't exceed 2 G's... Another thing is that the train can easily navigate round those curves. Each smaller square (dot to dot) is 5m, and each larger square is 10m.

Does anyone know how to do terraformed plazas?
    • CommentAuthorRCW

After seeing this ride actually in the simulator, I feel like there are definitely some things that need to be worked on. Other than the comments above, I am just really not sold on the layout. There seems to be no purpose and the ride sort of just meanders around with the only goal to get back to the station. Another huge problem that I have is with the height of the lift, you waste so much potential for a strong layout because every element after the pretzel loop is about 30 feet off the ground. Other than the other critiques with the layout mentioned in the Discord server, just make sure the radius of the track is always constant. I really do hope you take my critiques into consideration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Posted By: TheFlyerMan1I don't want to push the normal flying parts into the yellow area just based off of advice from Coasterguy246, as he had said that flyers in the normal position don't exceed 2 G's...

He's not wrong either, forces on your stomach are much more uncomfortable and because of that can't go much higher than 2, if past it at all. Look at the drop of any B&M Flyer, they're largely drawn out for a reason.

Oblivion has been put on hiatus. I do not know if it'll be returning due to recent events.

Best wishes
    ~Dan