Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017 edited

Hello guys,

is there any thread out there in NLE about track measurements? I canĀ“t use the search anymore because of the server errors on this page.

Especially I am interested in B&M track measurements like the rail width, spine width, distance between the rails, etc.

- Ercan
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

That would be the thread where to post such things I guess.

B&M has multiple patents where you can find front and side drawings of the track, but no real measurements. You'd gonna have to guess from the train.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Honestly, I would just measure the dimensions in NL2. The dev team has repeatedly said that they went to parks and measured tracks and trains to dimension their models. I'm not sure what is explicitly measured vs assumed, but it would be a good place to start.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

B&M rails are 1200mm apart. Note that at the beginning we used a 48" distance, which is slightly larger. We are not sure of the real spine width and rail diameter and have used our best estimate in game.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan

Got it. Thanks for your answers. I am going to measure the dimensions in NL2. I need the measurements for my 3d printed models. I should take it easy I guess :)