Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2017

^Fun to watch??
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^My summer is heavily occupied, unfortunately that means no entry from me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I'm in!

• CommentAuthorDelay

^^Oh, sorry. I had panicked for a second... I thought that "watch" was meant to be literal.
    • CommentAuthorBullero

I'm looking forward to all the creations! Just don't have the time to enter I'm afraid...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

One request, as you guys start showing off your creations in screen shot and video form, please hide the boundaries of the template (where applicable). Thanks!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorfreefaller
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

I'm in! Hoping I will have enough time...
    I'm in!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

My screenshots and videos for the competition will be hosted on my Minds account:
    https://www.minds.com/Railwayman
    Feel free to make an account and come by!
    Is it too late to enter?

If not, I'm in!
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017

^ You still have plenty of time to join. The last day for signups is June 30th by Midnight EST. :D

The list has been updated! If you do NOT see your name please comment below ASAP. Thank you all and good luck!
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

ATTENTION TO ALL CONTESTANTS:

The tournament starts in only 3 days on July 1st- Midnight EST the first round will be posted so stay tuned!
    With that being said, that means there are only 2 days left to enter if you have not already done so! You are competing for HUGE prizes so join now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017 edited

I didn't realize this, I'm going to Germany tomorrow, rip me
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I'm going to make a prediction now:

For n number of contestants, I'll get place n+1.
    • CommentAuthorasianguruu

I'm in I guess
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can i enter with my 16 mile long I'm Sorry jetcoaster? It now has catwalks along almost the whole track length..
    ^ You know the idea is to make a new ride, right? Not enter ones you've already made.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

if togofan can shove a 16mile long jet coaster into the templete then he should be allowed too.. lol
    Im in!
    (Im I too late?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

I'm up to see Drew fit a 16 mile long jetcoaster.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

so let's be real here for a sec, if Togofan can fit a 16 mile long coaster and fully support it into the template, he should automatically win right?

Haha if only we could see that... However, in this tournament there are absolutely NO templates, this is due to the people who use third party designer systems such as Newton and FVD. This tournament utilizes strict rules and requirements in order to go around having to use a template.

The list has been updated as of July 30th. If you do NOT see your name please whisper to me below and I will resolve that right away!

THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT EST. Signups will close at MIDNIGHT EST as well.

GOOD LUCK!

so no template? how will that work

Same way it did last year... Last years thread is on the site somewhere or over on CoasterCrazy to view. The entire Tournament has been tested by myself before I posted this, therefore I check how it will work via the rules and requirements each round will have so there is no need for a template to restrict the number of people that can enter this tournament.

Ahh yes I understand now. I completely forgot about last years contest. So it's more or less guidelines that need to be followed, but with twists thrown into the mix. Very good. Kinda hoping we do another coaster mix like last year. That looked super fun.

Yeah its done this way to allow anyone and everyone to join if they want. This year is going to be a great one and a little bit different than last to see how the flow of things go.

Remember to stay tuned as the contest begins in just a few hours! :D
    Well. I might not not have time to finish round 2 but I might as well try to defend. . . I'm in!
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited

Surprise! your first curveball is that the tournament starts 4 hours early ;)

without further delay, lets get this tournament on the road!

ROUND 1: THE VEKOMA CHALLENGE

Your first round is simple... when opening NL2 you see the several choices of coasters you have. For the first round you must pick ONLY a Vekoma coaster. This is limited to the following:

-Vekoma Flying Dutchman
    -Vekoma Minetrain Coaster
    -Vekoma Minetrain Coaster with locomotive
    -Vekoma Motorbike Coaster

With Vekomas extreme uprising in the past several months, your job is simple. Choose one of the following coasters and build.

Round 1 Restrictions:

-Your coaster must have a minimum of 1 inversion(s) but must not exceed 4. Remember an inversion is anything past 155 degrees.
    -Your coaster must have a minimum length of 1750 feet (533.4 meters) and a max of 5000 feet (1524 metes).
    -Your coaster must have a minimum height of 90 feet (27.432 meters). Max height is 199 feet (60.6552 meters).
    - Your coaster must have at least 1 launch somewhere in the layout.
    -Your coaster must interact at least twice with the launch/lift (go above/below or duel).
    -Your coaster must have safe and comfortable g forces.
    -Your coaster must stay true to what Vekoma would design (old school or new school).
    -Your coaster can NOT mimic any previous vekoma layout and must be something entirely new.

The first curveball will come out Wednesday, July 5th. So be sure to check then for your first curveball!

Please note that you will be judged on the following:

-How realistic your design is for each manufacturer.
    -Are your g forces in check?
    -Support work
    -Track work
    -Overall Impression (does your coaster look appropriate for the specified area?, Colors, etc. This is the extra credit points)
    -Operations
    -It must pass all clearance and block tests.

*You are allowed to use custom skyboxes and 3d scenery if you feel fit.

Your judges are

-Myself, Head judge
    -Paradox,originality/rules judge
    -Daniel (Metazoanhaddock), Support judge

The submissions must be sent to contests@nolimitscoaster2.com by July 15th at midnight EST. If you do not send in your track by the appropriate time, you will be automatically disqualified and will no longer be in the running for the grand prize. When submitting please follow this submission guideline.

Username- Nl2 Tournament Round _(1)_ Submission

Track name
    Track description (Elements used as well as list of manufacturers used)

Track file upload

You should receive a confirmation email saying we have received your track file.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck!
    so going with an (in no limits) arrow corckscrew as an old vekoma looping, launch or boomerang coaster is no allowed?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Bummer! No 16 mile long Vekoma jet coaster that is 89,000 feet long!
    Nope... those may show up in a later round! Just the 4 coaster styles are allowed this round.

Just as a heads up... the more creative you are the better. Just because Vekoma hasn't had an inverting minetrain or motorbike does not mean they wont ever. Also an inversion is considered anything past 155 degrees. We also are counting fly to lie- lie to fly as an inversion for flyers...

BE CREATIVE and have fun with it!

Good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

This is going to be fun...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Is there a template that I'm missing? I don't see any.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Wait, you didn't get the download?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Where is the contest download template?
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited

Build it on the Roof!

Edit: Does anybody have the Vekoma Motorbike trains as the cougar or horse? These are necessary trains!!!! I want them!
    There is no template lol... Dont be fooled. Just follow the rules and requirements listed! good luck!
    ^Just downloaded the template, thanks for the link! Sorry about the confusion earlier haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Found the template, thanks for the pointer guys!
    For vekoma mine trains type, does the lift have to have planks or not? I can't find any image of them having planks and most of them are covered by a roof so you cant tell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10

Are custom trains allowed?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

So lie-to-fly and fly-to-lie are inversions? Not the track in between?
    I've got a good idea for this. This should be fun.
    Posted By: MrcrollyFound the template, thanks for the pointer guys!

I thought there was no template :/
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^That's a joke. There is no template.
    Posted By: captfido87For vekoma mine trains type, does the lift have to have planks or not? I can't find any image of them having planks and most of them are covered by a roof so you cant tell.

You can choose to have the planks or not. Custom tracks are allowed.

Posted By: owen9h10Are custom trains allowed?

For this round, custom trains are not allowed unless they are modeled directly after an existing Vekoma Train. To be safe, just used the 4 styles listed. Custom tracks are fine (example is vekoma flyer on motorbike track).

Posted By: DelaySo lie-to-fly and fly-to-lie are inversions? Not the track in between?

This is copied from a question in the discord chat and may help with this question. A 540 roll consists of two elements; An In-Line Twist and a Fly to Lie (or the other way around). Due to the nature of the elements it is technically 1.5 inversions. the extra half of an inversion will be added once the rider reorientation is finished. Think of it like this:

in line twist (+1)
    Fly To Lie (+.5)

then in order to achieve the rest of your inversion the rider position will need to be corrected. In order to fix this you will need one of the following (or similar):

half of a dive loop:
    https://rcdb.com/4124.htm#p=21089

Or a Lie To Fly (or reversed)
    https://rcdb.com/8983.htm#p=36135

This should clear things up a bit. If you still dont know feel free to post a picture and I, or another judge, will determine if its okay or not.

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Wait, so is a fly to lie (or vice verse) being considered as 0.5 inversions? Or 1?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

It is considered as 0.5. But you need at least two of them (because you can't end in flying), so you get 1 point in total.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Got it. Thanks Delay.
    Fly to lie and lie to fly are only .5 of an inversion. The track itself only completes a 180 degree rotation turn. Now I know that CC says 155 is an inversion, but these only do a half rotation. It's simply how the ride is designed. It just makes more sense.