Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Clarification: Interaction with the lift/launch is just interaction with the track and not between trains, correct? So do we need to have a train on the lift/launch and a train going by it or just a train going by the lift/launch count?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Does it count as "interacting with the launch" when I return along the launch?
    Posted By: JetPulseClarification: Interaction with the lift/launch is just interaction with the track and not between trains, correct? So do we need to have a train on the lift/launch and a train going by it or just a train going by the lift/launch count?

Nope its just an interaction with the track not a train unless you want it to... Good Luck!

Posted By: DelayDoes it count as "interacting with the launch" when I return along the launch?

Yes
    Two quick questions: 1) Is height measured through Max. minus Min. height or absolute height (Y-Coordinate of peak)? and 2) Does the length include storage space or not?
    1) Height is measured based on what the statistics tab under coaster properties says.

2) The length DOES include storage!

GOOD LUCK :D
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017

Well, a motorbike doesn't have storage, at least from what I can see...
    ^then build one that does?
    no, don't make storage, its still realistic and saves you some length for the layout ;)
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017 edited

Well here is a bit of an announcement for you all...

First off, from the judges to you we wish you a happy Fourth of July! (given you celebrate American Independence Day) and because of this holiday, we want to give you a little present...

THE FIRST CURVEBALL!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vekoma Challenge- Curveball #1

Much like in the real world of designing and manufacturing roller coasters you to will face change among your designs. The first curveball for the 2017 Tournament is...
    You must modify the terrain around your coaster in that it MUST become a terrain driven coaster. Oh and NO in game tunnels are allowed (custom scenery such as rocks ARE allowed. Seems easy right? However, there is more... You must ALSO include not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 water elements in or around your coaster.

This includes bodies of water that the track passes over, fountains, waterfalls, etc.

Please note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.

-GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have any questions at all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017

Oh man, I got really luck just now :D I wanted my coaster to be a terrain coaster and I already included some small lakes.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Or in my case, the entire layout is completely screwed.
    Luckily I started my layout as a terrain based design, they'res some points to me. Now how to put some water in. Are there any tips on how to make waterfalls?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Can it also be one body of water running beside the layout eg. a river?
    Do we get a date for the next curve ball (assuming that there is another)?
    Posted By: kryptos001Do we get a date for the next curve ball (assuming that there is another)?

Ill be posting that later this week. The next curveball wont be until Sunday though. Good luck!
    luckily I allready did what the first curveball wants from us but I am so scared for the second one if it comes xD didn't really thought of getting some curveballs as my whole coaster concept's allready made in my mind and that I am near finishing it allready
    Well there goes my design.

Twats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017

well fuck, rebuilding tunnels will be fun
    That curve-ball just screwed my design..... Back to the drawing board.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Question about the tunnel rule: I have a location inside a building that I want the ride to go beneath the water line. Can I use a virtual tunnel on a dummy coaster to remove the water inside the structure?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

"Water elements" refers to the amount of coaster elements close to water, not the amount of water, right?
    I think they mean that you just have to have 4 bodies of water with track above seen from top view (It's only my guess so don't hold on to it xD)
    Posted By: JetPulseQuestion about the tunnel rule: I have a location inside a building that I want the ride to go beneath the water line. Can I use a virtual tunnel on a dummy coaster to remove the water inside the structure?

Yes thats fine!

Posted By: Delay"Water elements" refers to the amount of coaster elements close to water, not the amount of water, right?

Water elements refers to the interactions in which a top down view shows 4 sections of track over a water section (or near a waterfall, fountain)
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2017

^Thanks!
    I do not see this anywhere, are we allowed to script things? that would help a lot while theming the ride xP
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017

Well darn. I guess I am too late to sign up... This should be fun to see though.
    Posted By: Vinyworld283I do not see this anywhere, are we allowed to script things? that would help a lot while theming the ride xP

Of course! There is NOT a rule against any sort of scripting/custom content throughout the tournament! good luck!
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017

Any updates on the second curveball?
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017

Nope... stay tuned for tomorrow though ;)
    Hate to do this, but I have to drop out already! 50+ hours at work is killing me, and the busy season has only just begun. Good Luck Guys!
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vekoma Challenge- Curveball #2

For your second and final curveball for the Vekoma Challenge round you must now incorporate at MINIMUM 3 picnic roofs located in the No Limits 2 Library folder into your designs. These can be placed ANYWHERE as long as a section of the track is covered in some way. To locate this object follow the steps below:

Open No Limits 2 and navigate to the scenery tab. Click "Choose". Click "library". Navigate to the park folder and from there scroll to the "bench" folder. Scroll to the bottom and you will see an object named "Picnic Roof".

You may alter the colors to your preference.

Please note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.

Remember ALL submissions MUST be submitted by July 15th at 11:59 EST.

-GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have any questions at all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Can the scale of the roofs be changed?

^ Yes the objects can be changed in any way to your liking.

Also for everyone else, this is the easiest curveball for the rest of the tournament... Enjoy it lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

How's everyone elses coaster coming along?
    I'm starting to get more confident with my design/excited to submit:

Sneak-peak
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I've decided for a much simpler design,in both track- and terrain. The Motorbike coaster supports are a pain, by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017 edited

Work in Progress, the lay out (except for 1 support) is finished and now I'm working on the theming of the ride :)
    Could anyone advise me on the best/easiest way to make waterfalls?
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

I've used bestdani's water fountain effect like the planet coaster one and just placed a bunch but it creates a lot of lag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Improvising...
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Why is there an Intamin train?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

^^^Yeah I think it is better to use scrolling textures or texture animations for this when you have a static water falls instead of (pseudo) particle based effects.

I think for choosing the "best" way it would be an interesting question if the execution of these effects play a role or not. Like if it's just about visualizing them so that they are recognized for what these should be or if having these in good visual quality will give you a better judging as well if the performance impact will be considered in judging.
    Doesn't seem like there's been much love for the flying Dutchman yet...

https://gyazo.com/43e0bc27fec04836af3c60a651ae92db
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^^ Because NL2 has neither a new gen vekoma track or train, so I'm stuck working with what I have lol.

^Looks really interesting... Especially with... A launch?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ That's because you haven't seen all the entries yet...
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^^I wanted to build one, but I thought "Wait, how will inversions count on that?", so I didn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

@ Mrcrolly, you can only use one of these types... no other vekoma's allowed

-Vekoma Flying Dutchman
    -Vekoma Minetrain Coaster
    -Vekoma Minetrain Coaster with locomotive
    -Vekoma Motorbike Coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^I personally talked to Blase Rhine and he confirmed I could use a different style and brash it as a Vekoma, in this case I took Intamin track and classified it as new gen.
    Honestly I dont think that should be allowed. The rules specifically stated those four designs, and now blase has allowed you to make a style that no other people realised they would have been able to do. Seems really unfair, and a poor decision on blase's behalf

Posted By: Mrcrolly^I personally talked to Blase Rhine and he confirmed I could use a different style and brash it as a Vekoma, in this case I took Intamin track and classified it as new gen.

For clarification... remember new generation TRACK is allowed however you MUST use 1 of the 4 train styles given. Good luck!