Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017 edited

Improvising pt 2...
    LMFAO
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

I posted this in Discord, but I'll put it here as well. A little preview without giving away too much.

I've managed to get a layout done ._. That's all. And now I'm away for the next 3 days xD

When's the deadline, GMT?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

15th of July, and it should be 5 AM.
    https://gyazo.com/5b796dc3a4c86213ef1af2a3fcf25d99

The launch in the the dark, the name of the coaster is G20
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

^Ooh I like that launch sequence.

Really excited to see how I place compared to others. No name for my ride yet, was going to call it the Jersey Devil until I realized my only choice was a minetrain or a motorbike.
    What happens if a coaster fails one of the main restrictions? Is it DQ'd?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017 edited

Posted By: BlaseRhinePlease note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.
    Posted By: Olmisery
    Posted By: BlaseRhinePlease note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.

NemisisRider asks what happens when you for example build a B&M giga coaster or making the coaster 6000 ft long, if you will be disqualified or not (I think you will)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Does it count if I use a picnic roof as a roof for the queue?
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

Posted By: DelayDoes it count if I use a picnic roof as a roof for the queue?

Yes! if you use just 1 then that counts as 1... if you wanna be fancy and use more, then each picnic roof object is counted!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017

Will I be disqualified if I make a 16 mile long old style vekoma slc coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017 edited

^Yes, you will.
    Posted By: Blase Rhine-Your coaster must have a minimum length of 1750 feet (533.4 meters) and a max of 5000 feet (1524 metes).
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I guess 16 miles is a lot of headbanging on a vekoma slc?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Maybe that, too, but mostly that 16 miles much longer than 1.5 km.
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

Time to rotate some footers
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

https://gyazo.com/eb82a51608ac3542741e3d13126e6cae
    "...so you saw how he tried to brake and then fell off the cliff?" ""yes, he was speeding the whole time, he overtook us like a maniac and slammed on the brakes right there, but it was too late...""
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Horrific motorbike death coaster looks too intense for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

it will be themed to a guy who loved to ride his bike on a narrow road through a forest. everytime he went faster and faster until some day he drives like a complete asshole, is speeding the whole time and then falls off the cliff because he was going too fast
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt

^I look forward to the on-board audio narration.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^^Keep in mind that you are also adorning your riders with the persona of this "complete asshole" by putting them in his footsteps...
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

^that was just a description so you get the idea of what i have in my head. it´s not meant in that way

^^after the tournament i´ll try to make onboard audio for it and a little bit more to it. first i need to finish the layout because it´s still not done yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Having a darker section to emulate tire marks is genius, haha! And that's also what NoLimits is about, themes who could not be done in real life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283

Posted By: BlaseRhine

Yes! if you use just 1 then that counts as 1... if you wanna be fancy and use more, then each picnic roof object is counted!

These can be placed ANYWHERE as long as a section of the track is covered

So can we use them for queue lines without the track being covered? I don't really get it :/
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I think what he means by that is that the roofs are not on the edge of the map, but close to the coaster.
    I have to drop out. I have a good idea for the coaster because of the contest but its not anywhere near done. Good luck everyone!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

has someone already submitted their entry?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^I did.

And to clarify for blase, the picnic table covers have to go over the track, i.e like a tunnel from what i've been told.
    Yeah I guess I´ll have to drop out too, wish there was more time in the world :/

Well good luck to all yall!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

I'm also going to have to drop out, good luck to everybody else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017

I'm dropping out due to random drop in motivation. I would have made an entry with good scenery with some focus, but that was lost as well. At least it's inspired me to make more mine trains in the future and I'll be able to design anything I want :P
    Good luck to everyone who continues!

submitted mine

Posted By: Vinyworld283

These can be placed ANYWHERE as long as a section of the track is covered

So can we use them for queue lines without the track being covered? I don't really get it :/

Above or below the track is fine!
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

Just to be 100% sure, our submissions are due tomorrow night, right?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

A few questions for the email:
    -What does "Track description (Elements used as well as list of manufacturers used)" mean exactly? What do you mean by elements? Should it be a text or a list?
    -Is the file supposed to be an attachment or a link?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^
    - Launch
    - Loop
    - Hill
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017 edited

^^^^ I just used loads of picknick roofs troughout the park so that curveball will be fine xD

And for the judges, I hope you've got true gaming machines because I went a little too far with custom scenery xDD
    I'm dropping out...Good luck to everyone else! :d
    ^likewise

Well I guess I have a small kind heart and have decided to give you all another Curveball!...

Curveball #3

For this curveball, we have decided to grant the participants 1 extra day for the submissions. This means that the deadline is July 16th by 11:59pm EST. Hopefully this extra day will help some people.

Good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2017

just made my entry !
    good luck everybody , cant wait to see your work

are we allowed to upload videos before the judging is done ?

https://gyazo.com/db3b02cedc778ec024f7432c1a47ec4e
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2017

Videos are fine, as for track uploads we would prefer if you would wait until judging is complete and the scores have been posted.

Good luck! :D
    Hmm maybe I can submit then...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017 edited

Just managed to upload. I hope I did it in time!

• CommentAuthorJetPulse

'Tis a bold concept...
    Hydro
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I submitted. Good luck to everyone else, all the layouts I've seen here look really awesome!

• CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

We are receiving submissions left and right! Remember, you have until 11:59pm EST July 16th to finish and submit your entry!

Good Luck to everyone!
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

Oh man I really appreciate the extra day. I lost 2 whole days due to work on my car being a pain in the butt. I'm really happy with the layout I came up with and the overall design. probably the best thing I've made yet.