Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkryptos001
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

It's 3 am, I need to go to sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Now I see those flyers, I feel bad for dropping out...
    https://gyazo.com/56ee762194b0d7f69fb0bdf7a68d0f5d
    What's in THIS shed??
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Air and coaster track?
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

Not much longer until the end of Round 1: The Vekoma Challenge! Remember you MUST submit by 11:59pm EST tonight July 16th!

Good luck to those who are entering!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe

https://gyazo.com/49bdee0e41e16fef40f2137ae6589241
    submitted mine
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Just sent in my entry. Good luck everyone.

• CommentAuthorRCW

Submitted a few days back but I figured I might give you guys a little preview of my submission.

https://gyazo.com/d05f4f988a36878152a21c0853b5e0eb

https://gyazo.com/43d5718e292c7f8ffbc1c86f8c1c129f
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017

Damn these are some really good looking entries...

40 minutes remain in Round 1: The Vekoma Challenge!

Be sure to submit your entries by 11:59pm EST!

Good Luck!

ROUND 1 IS NOW OVER!

Thank you to all who submitted. Please allow 2 weeks for judging to finish up. I will be making regular posts regarding judging updates and more on the scores. We ask you do not upload your park until judging for this round has ended. Videos are fine. Thank you again and stay tuned for more information regarding the judging of your submissions!

Good luck!

-2017 CC NL2 Tournament Staff
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017 edited

Did you get mine? It was a very last second entry?

Edit: Yes it made it! wish I had like an extra hour or 2 to clean stuff up though. Dang oh well I had a lot of fun making this anyways.

Yes we received it right on time! Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^I wish I hadn't submitted my entry before the extra day was announced. I could've put more detail into the supports.

Just for future reference, if you submit before the deadline you can always upload another and just make sure its known for us to use that file and not the other.

Judging begins today! Good luck to everyone who entered!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017 edited

https://gyazo.com/80bba09e779b89d4da6bb9def5b4dadd

Click for POV
    • CommentAuthorXazzaphonic
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017 edited

Click image for On-ride dusk POV of Mine Bender:

Will we receive the results a few days before round 2 begins?
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Yes! The results will be posted July 30th. The second round begins August 1st!
    Posted By: BlaseRhineI will be making regular posts regarding judging updates and more on the scores

The suspense is killing me.
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

So far the highest rating is a 9.75 from myself and the lowest has been a 2!

Stay tuned for more updates regarding judging!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017

who the hell got a 2?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

You'll know that in 3 days or so.

I'm more insterested in who got the 9.75 rating and why.
    Not that this person didn't deserve it, but what was the reason behind that rating?
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

Better late than never: click the image below to check out a video of my submission!
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017

Posted By: Olmiserywho the hell got a 2?

probaly me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017 edited

Posted By: BlaseRhineYes! The results will be posted July 30th. The second round begins August 1st!

I'm getting more and more a kind of nervous to see these results, will they be posted this afternoon (EST) or do we have to wait till the evening (saw last year the results were posted 4:10 PM EST)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2017

Sorry for everyone who was waiting for the results today, but we had a bit of a mix up in the judging process and will have to delay the results until tomorrow. The results will be posted by 12 PM PST and round 2 will still start on the 1st of August as scheduled.

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2017 edited

Thank you everyone for a great first round of the 2017 Nolimits Tournament! We received some great entries and spent a few weeks deliberating the final scores. We received 33 entries and had to narrow it down to just half of that for round 2. Because of this, only the top 16 will be moving on, but due to a tie for 16th place 17 members will proceed to round 2. Attached below is the rankings for each member including the average score which was comprised of the scores from all 3 judges. If your name is bolded in the list you will be moving on to round 2. Unfortunately, if your name is not bolded you will not continue to the next round. For more information about your scores please do not hesitate to contact the judges (Blase Rhine, Metazoanhaddock, Paradox). Once again thanks to everyone who participated and don't forget round 2 starts tomorrow!

Congratulations to slosprint (Sam) for winning the first round with his outstanding entry "Rebel"

Wow, Rebel looks so cool! and I am happily surpised to see that I made it to the next round!! Goodluck to everyone else who'se still competing and for those who unfortunately didn't make it, better luck next time
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017 edited

https://gyazo.com/41762e48eca378b2daa373aa4912a248

ROUND 2: The Gerstlauer Challenge

Congratulations on making it to the second round! For your second round you must twist your thoughts and bring out your inner demons and build a kickass Gerstlauer Rollercoaster! Your task is simple, from the list below choose a coaster style and follow the restricitons also listed below:

-Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster
    -Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter
    -Gerstlauer Euro-FIghter 2
    -Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster
    -Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster 2
    -Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster

Once you have chosen 1 of the coaster styles from the list above, you must use your imagination and create a coaster unlike anything else! But beware, the curveballs for this round are more challenging than before and there are twists around every corner...

Round 2 Restrictions:

-Your coaster must have a minimum of 5 inversion(s) but must not exceed 15.
    NOTE: If you choose a spinning coaster design you must incorporate at least 3 inversions other than a loop.
    -Your coaster must have a minimum length of 2000 feet (609.6 meters) and a max of 4200 feet (1280.16 metes).
    -Your coaster must have a minimum height of 70 feet (21.336 meters). Max height is 115 feet (35.052 meters).
    - Your coaster must have at least 1 vertical lift within the layout.(this must be a 90 degree angle).
    -Your coaster must have safe and comfortable g forces.
    -Your coaster must stay true to what Gerstlauer would design based on G-Forces and Shaping. (old school or new school).

The first curveball will come out Tuesday, August 8th. So be sure to check then for your first curveball!

Please note that you will be judged on the following:

-How realistic your design is for each manufacturer.
    -Are your g forces in check?
    -Support work
    -Track work
    -Overall Impression (does your coaster look appropriate for the specified area?, Colors, etc. This is the extra credit points)
    -Operations
    -It must pass all clearance and block tests.

*You are allowed to use custom skyboxes and 3d scenery if you feel fit.

Your judges are

-Myself, Head judge
    -Paradox,originality/rules judge
    -Daniel (Metazoanhaddock), Support judge

The submissions must be sent to contests@nolimitscoaster2.com by August 26th at midnight EST. If you do not send in your track by the appropriate time, you will be automatically disqualified and will no longer be in the running for the grand prize. When submitting please follow this submission guideline.

Username- Nl2 Tournament Round _(2)_ Submission

Track name
    Track description (Elements used as well as list of manufacturers used)

Track file upload

You should receive a confirmation email saying we have received your track file.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck!
    Just to double check because I'm partially in disbelief, we have 25 days for this round? August 1st-26th?
    That is correct! There are several people traveling as well as the 5 hours of Power contest hosted by the dev team on August 27th so we are working around their schedule and travel schedules and allowing a longer round. This does mean that the curveballs are more challenging than before. Good luck!
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017 edited

ATTENTION:

We have hired a new judge to help us out for this round! Some of you may know him from his extremely detailed and highly themed euro fighter, Scourge. But for many we simply know him as COASTERGUY246. Please extend a warm welcome and stay tuned for the first curveball coming next week!

https://gyazo.com/a9a8a2e7d32446d40005306f63c948c0
    R.I.P. everyone xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017

every single person just got disqualified
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^&^ Could you stop scaring me? I'm working on an Infinity in my free time and now I'm afraid of releasing it when it's done.
    Oh boy, in comes the Gerstlauer perfectionist to judge us all... This'll go great lmao
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017 edited

At least it's not element115 or our shaping AND radius combs would have to be perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Curveball 1 is night, no lighting, black track/supports. Visibility must be reduced to less than 5 feet. Your coaster experience will be judged only by the real time g-force readings.

#Scourge

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Time doesn't matter, NL2 tought me that clouds glow in the dark.
    ^do the clouds glow because of nuclear fallout? is nolimits 2 set in a post-nuclear war world? is that why everything is so barren and far away? have the roller coasters become sentient? is that why they run on their own?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017

Asking the real questions...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017

^^ Yes.

^^^ Glowing clouds are too light and could let you see the track silhouette during inversions, automatic disqualification for not being #Scourgey enough.

-Ride_(Scourge jokes will never die)_Op
    After a view revisions, we have decided that the first curveball will be posted tomorrow Friday, August 11th.

Stay tuned!
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

First off, my apologies on the delay. I have been extremely busy with school starting back up and my job has been a hassle lately but I finally have had enough time to actually sit down and write the first curveball for the second round up! Without further ado lets get to it...
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gerstlauer Challenge- Curveball #1

As with many projects there are many changes. With this being said, I now present to you another challenge... you must build a Gerstlauer boomerang coaster ALONG with your other design. The two must interact with one another at least twice and must use the same Gerstlauer styles listed before.

The boomerang coaster MUST go forwards and backwards and have an immelman or dive loop somewhere in its layout. Other inversions are permitted however, you can only have 2 in the layout. The coaster MUST also not exceed 90 feet (27.432 Meters) in height.

GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have any questions at all!
    Question:
    Is a shuttle like Gold Rush acceptable?

Official Judges Answer:
    Yes! Your coaster can be a boomerang style (incomplete circuit) or a shuttle like Gold Rush (full circuit).

Question:
    Define "interact" for this curveball, are we talking TRAINS interact or just the track?

Official Judges Answer:
    Interactions can be train to train or train to track, as long as the interaction is between the two rides and not self-interaction. Personally, I'd recommend train to track interactions (like headchoppers) because with differing lengths of track and block sections it'd be rather hard to get the two trains to duel to guarantee interaction without sacrificing capacity on the shuttle/boomerang.

Question:
    Does a norwegian loop or batwing count as a dive/immelmann?

Official Judges Answer:
    Yes, it can! However, the inversion count is still banking dependent, so it could count as anywhere from 0-2.
    As for the Immelmann/Dive requirement, the element must count as an inversion (banking over 155 degrees). As such, your Norwegian Loop or Batwing should pass 155 degrees at least once to cover the requirement.

Hope this is helpful
    -Meta
    • CommentAuthorRCW
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I've made a bit of progress within the past few days...
    https://gyazo.com/d0706a9d1c77ab2b5d3344281aa9e602